NEurope
Shotgun2k

NE Dream Journal

Last night, I was in Africa. Everyone I knew seemed to be there, only with one subtle difference: they'd all grown beards. The thing that got me with this dream was that absolutely nothing happened...I just walked around for ages talking to people about their beards.

Anyhoo, here's a place to report your dreams...

The night before last night I dreamt that I was in a farm field. My sister was in a white gown crying by a river that ran along the bottom. I turned around and there was a pool table a short distance off, and as if noticing shapes in clouds a whole crowd of people were there too.

It was a mix of the neighbours crew, the cast from Deadwood, some superheroes and mythological people. I guess you'd say they were dressed as mormons, or like abe lincoln - some western 19th century sunday dress. Chairs and tables contained them all; three generations of superhero-neighbours cross-breeds, yet somehow there was some sort of time-travel element going on - I kept overhearing the youngest talking about "screwing up the time-space continuum" by meeting the elders, and somehow I worked out that the younger ones were the middle generation 15 years earlier, and the middle generation were the elder generation 15 years earlier -- as in, three sets of the same people, somehow unaware of the memories they should have of having been there before. Clark kent looked like karl kennedy, and there was a real-life buzz-lightyear too.

The newspaper writer from Deadwood came over the hill and challenged me to a game of pool. He weilded a shotgun and shot at the balls and he nearly pulled off some sort of trick, and said "looks like I missed" with a conniving sneer on his face, so I threw my rifle at the table, it hit the edge and span in the ear like a hyper version of the bone from 2001: A Space Oddysey, it came hurtling down and narrowly missed this guy's head, leaving the guy sweating. Then I said "I guess I missed too", and turned from him.

<I like the idea of this journal - I don't think anyone will really care about anyone elses dreams, but I've been meaning to record mine recently, so why not here? Oh, and I also like these brackets. Go Grunchie!>

The brackets are used in games to speak out of role during roleplaying :heh:

Kind of bizarre that this thread came up now, think we were just discussing making a dream journal about 2 days ago. Maybe this is a time of year that everyone gets particularly memorable dreams, with the change in temperature or something?

The most recent dream I can remember involved a kitted out futuristic car in a basement of some sci-fi tech lab, my whole family got in but my Mum insisted she drived. Except she sucked - she crashed into about 5 things on the way out. I also spotted my own car had been modded in the hallway nearby and had been covered up, as though it was a surprise for me to get later on. How exactly they got it in the hallway I'm not sure.

Might have to use this thread as soon as I wake up, otherwise I quickly forget all the details...

I had the wierdest dream I've had in a while about a few weeks back.

It involved Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie....and Rokhed. I feel asleep watching the simple life, so that would explain them two being in it. We were running through the woods from this crazed Killer, which ended up being Rokhed. I laughed when I woke up, it was a bit strange.

Also, I have a recurring Resident evil style dream (aka zombies/virus) and it's always the exact same dream. It's mighty strange.

Recently I had a fantastic dream in which I was living in a Scout hut in what seemed like a post-apocolyptic Stockton. We would venture out every now and then but my memories of the times outside the scout hut are vague. Inside were a few cast members of Twin Peaks and its creator David Lynch. I was in bed with Sherilyn Fenn, the guy who plays Ben Horne was sitting at the end of the bed smoking a cigar. I discussed my ideas for putting on a stage version of Twin Peaks and David Lynch seemed quite excited.

It was like a cross between City Hobgoblins by The Fall and Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick.

Last night I dreamt of a new philosopher who spoke in bizarre, convulted sentances. There was also something about Youtube. It was the most disconnected dream I've had in ages, I think I kept waking up but I can't be sure.

I had a dream where I shouted at someone I didn't like until their head exploded in a shower of steamed vegetables.

I had a dream where I shouted at someone I didn't like until their head exploded in a shower of steamed vegetables.

Are you serious? If so, you win. That's the most awesome dream ever.

I had an extremely vivid dream last night.

I dreamt that I was in America, and saw several nice foods (Going to America soon and looking forward to the US food aspect of it) and also that I saw a few friends from my old school and went for a jog for them (I intend to go to a gym soon as I need to lose weight so that explains that)

I am aware of how contradictory this is. :)

MY TOP 4 WEIRDEST DREAMS OF ALL TIME!

Number 1

I had Ira Gains from 24 chasing me through a forest full of autmn leaves. I was struggling to run from him and he eventually caught up and pointed the gun straight at my face and shot me in the mouth...

I fell to the floor and could feel the blood in my throat.

Last time i watched 4 episodes of 24 before i went to sleep! :heh:

Number 2

Watching myself sleep is another odd dream! I was asleep in my bed and my dream was of me sitting at the opposite side of my room from a first person perspective watching myself sleep. It was a very very uncomfortable feeling!

Number 3

The whole sleep paralyse/Alien thing. :)

I had a dream that a green light enter my room and then hovered above me for a bit and entered my body through my chest and there was a massive electric shock. I got really freaked out and tried to wake up but i couldn't and i attempted to move but my body would not move at all which then got me panicking a bit...

Number 4

This one is hard to explain as i have failed to do so on many occasions!

I'm not sure whether i went to sleep or not as i don't remember going to sleep and i don't remember waking up in the morning but when i woke up/or didn't wake up, i wasn't tired at all.

That probably made no sense but oh well. :)

MY TOP 4 WEIRDEST DREAMS OF ALL TIME!

Number 1

I had Ira Gains from 24 chasing me through a forest full of autmn leaves. I was struggling to run from him and he eventually caught up and pointed the gun straight at my face and shot me in the mouth...

I fell to the floor and could feel the blood in my throat.

Last time i watched 4 episodes of 24 before i went to sleep! :heh:

Number 2

Watching myself sleep is another odd dream! I was asleep in my bed and my dream was of me sitting at the opposite side of my room from a first person perspective watching myself sleep. It was a very very uncomfortable feeling!

Number 3

The whole sleep paralyse/Alien thing. :)

I had a dream that a green light enter my room and then hovered above me for a bit and entered my body through my chest and there was a massive electric shock. I got really freaked out and tried to wake up but i couldn't and i attempted to move but my body would not move at all which then got me panicking a bit...

Number 4

This one is hard to explain as i have failed to do so on many occasions!

I'm not sure whether i went to sleep or not as i don't remember going to sleep and i don't remember waking up in the morning but when i woke up/or didn't wake up, i wasn't tired at all.

That probably made no sense but oh well. :)

Not bad...

Number 4 reminds me of a dream I've had countless times, where I basically keep waking up during the night - a good 15 times, and have the same dream over and over. To clarify, I dream that I am dreaming...

The dream is usually along the lines of being in a place that doesn't change at all, and so I end up feeling bound to the fact that my life will never progress past dreaming about a pointless looping scenario..until I finally wake up.

How very curious, this is the second night in a row Ive had very vivid dreams.

In these, at one point we had to jump onto the back of a train (Which was instead of a normal carriage like a wooden fence/picnic bench just flat with sheets of wood. Blah. Including an F1 car going underneath us.

In another bit there was a cat, I stroked it, then became apparent it was a lion (I had locked the door so couldnt escape and people couldnt come in to help) and it pinned me up against the wall/towards ceiling roared then I woke up. Very strong lion.

How very curious, this is the second night in a row Ive had very vivid dreams.

Likewise!

I woke up laughing this morning. I dreamt that I was in the car with my dad driving who knows where, when all of a sudden this man steers into us. He only clips our car, but he then drives all over the road and crashes into a parked car. My dad carries on driving, but the man gets out and follows us on foot...he runs faster than our car can go, getting gradually closer to us, so we stop and get out as there's seemingly no way out.

As the man approaches I realise he is extremely tall - probably nearly 8ft. And more notably his face is almost exactly the same as my dad's. Instead of shouting at us as I expected, he talks calmly to my dad. This is the bit that got me: none of them make any sort of remark as to the fact that they have almost identical looks. They just got on with exchanging insurance details, as if it was the most ordinary thing.

I had a dream that my cousin's boyfriend was going around killing people by pricking their hand with a needle, which would make them nauseus and dizzy and unable to fight back, then doing a small slice nect to it dexter-style, which gave them two minutes to live. My cousin was in danger, and I tried to talk to her but he was behind hte door and burst in and pricked my hand. I went all dizzy and couldn't move, then he sliced it...

I watched Shallow Grave last night which explains a fair bit.

Also what woke me up was a dream where I was trying to pull a pair of headphones out of my throat - it started off as a long hair, and I was tugging on it trying to get a good grip but it kept getting caught on something inside me. I pulled and pulled, but each time I swallowed it got pulled in a bit more - so I YANKED it, and I heard and felt a sort of crunching tear, and it started coming out easily... but it didn't end. I just saw a chunk of red on the what-was-now-headphones wire, and woke up.

Hmmm... I've had the odd bit of dream recently (cos I very rarely remember any dreams I have) which have worried me slightly.

Dont want to go into details but essentially, I find myself doing something that I know that I dont want to do. It seems inevitable, to the point where I don't even feel bad about it when it happens but I know for definite that this is something that I don't want to do in RL. I wake up feeling guilty and worried that I secretly do want to do this thing. It all seems like a car crash happening in slow motion.

I have vaguely worried about this in RL so I'm hoping that these dreams are just a symptom of that. Think I'm worried that I don't have to personal strength to stop myself doing this act. And as I said, I really really don't want to.

Hmmm... I've had the odd bit of dream recently (cos I very rarely remember any dreams I have) which have worried me slightly.

Dont want to go into details but essentially, I find myself doing something that I know that I dont want to do. It seems inevitable, to the point where I don't even feel bad about it when it happens but I know for definite that this is something that I don't want to do in RL. I wake up feeling guilty and worried that I secretly do want to do this thing. It all seems like a car crash happening in slow motion.

I have vaguely worried about this in RL so I'm hoping that these dreams are just a symptom of that. Think I'm worried that I don't have to personal strength to stop myself doing this act. And as I said, I really really don't want to.

Oh come on you've got to tell us now.

Ahhh I know you want me to but i really cant.

Well when I read it I thought of rape (ie you were raping someone).

Why can't you tell us? It's only a dream. Or does it involve somebody else?

Yeah it does, I would out and tell you all but not everyone on here is a stranger to me, I know at least 5 members in RL.

Yeah it does, I would out and tell you all but not everyone on here is a stranger to me, I know at least 5 members in RL.

And you raped them all. *tut tut*

Ok

Once i was in a snow drift, camoed with white gear etcm had me a sniper rifle, and i saw my friend lying on the snow on a cliff, so i knelt down, took aim and shot her in the head :S I then went over to her and proceeded to make out with her! whaaaaaaaaaaaa

The last dream I had included me drinking a cup of tea, and enjoying it.

I don't drink tea. Was the dream my mind telling me to actually try drinking a cuppa because I might actually like it? :wtf:

I don't drink tea.

pw-objection.gif

I'm on my way now. Put that kettle on. Milk and 2 sugars please! :smile:

Unless you were talking about coffee, there's an inconsistency in your testimony.