N-Europe

Speed Racer

dwarf

Saw a video of it earlier on IGN, looks like it could be interesting.

But for now it looks like a poor mans Trackmania Nations, and considering Trackmania is free you'd have to be a very poor man. It just seems to lack the feeling you might fall off of the track, but maybe I'm wrong thats just the impression I got from the video.

The Car-Fu mechanic looks like it might be interesting though.

I rather adore the style. My only gripe is that those Matrix-style slow-mo impacts seem to become quite intrusive after a while. For a Wii game that's also on PS2 though, I think it looks great.

That slowdown was rather annoying, personally I think this looked at bit of a 'so what'.

Looks rather nice indeed. Anyone know whether you can upgrade your car btw? I've been looking all over for some kind of info, but cannae find any! Reason I ask: I want this game to fill the shoes of N64's Episode One: Pod Racer. Which I thought kicked ass.

Looks rather nice indeed. Anyone know whether you can upgrade your car btw? I've been looking all over for some kind of info, but cannae find any! Reason I ask: I want this game to fill the shoes of N64's Episode One: Pod Racer. Which I thought kicked ass.

It reminded me more of Extreme G, can anyone remember that? That period of games was when Acclaim supported Nintendo well and their products were really good. It was the start of the N64's life and Turok had just came out (which was for the time absolutely stunning and played really well), Extreme G was also good and well recieved from the gaming press.

I had Extreme G, although difficult, it was very fun.

The weapons were cool, I think a fast race-shooting formula works for me. Think if Extreme G had a graphics boost and more clear presentation I'd buy it.

Yeah Extreme G was cool. Akira-style motorcycles do it for me anytime :)

Extreme G-2, that one I loved. Too bad I didn't have the social life back then (when I was 10) that I have now: the multiplayer seemed like a whole lotta fun.

I rather adore the style. My only gripe is that those Matrix-style slow-mo impacts seem to become quite intrusive after a while. For a Wii game that's also on PS2 though, I think it looks great.
Most likely because the PS2 version is coming months after (Wii version comes out with the film, PS2 with the DVD release) so basically, they must have the Wii version running, and compromised to tone it down until it runs on PS2, but afterwards, instead of going crossplatform with it.