Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Official Issues and Problems Thread

KingOfHyrule

Holy Mother of God...that's a long time to have something in standby mode.:hmm:

I turn my Wii off when I go to bed. However, during the daytime, or when I know I'm going to be around, I put the Wii into standby mode. Just..seems to make more sense that way.

I thought it was designed to stay in standby mode? I may start turning that off at night then.

It is getting pretty warm, which is slightly worrying.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Technosonic 32" HD TV (£399 from Woolworths). I've plugged in all the 5 coloured cables and it's now showing on a different channel (the one that shows HD Xbox 360)

I've gone to Options on the Wii, then Screen and changed it too 'EDTV/HDTV (480p)' and there is absolutely no difference at all, Zelda still looks crap.

I need help, I don't want to have to take this back, what a waste! I must be doing something wrong. :weep: :weep: :weep:

EDIT: Ok I kept changing it from 480i to 480p and playing zelda on each, I've noticed a slight increase in sharpness and quality, but it's still waaaay to pixelly and does not justify the price tag!

I got the Technosonic 32" HD TV (£399 from Woolworths). I've plugged in all the 5 coloured cables and it's now showing on a different channel (the one that shows HD Xbox 360)

I've gone to Options on the Wii, then Screen and changed it too 'EDTV/HDTV (480p)' and there is absolutely no difference at all, Zelda still looks crap.

I need help, I don't want to have to take this back, what a waste! I must be doing something wrong. :weep: :weep: :weep:

EDIT: Ok I kept changing it from 480i to 480p and playing zelda on each, I've noticed a slight increase in sharpness and quality, but it's still waaaay to pixelly and does not justify the price tag!

It should basically, tidy up the edges on everything (very noticeable on the red text in Zelda) and make them crisper (jaggies will stand out more though) and make the games run smoother.

I got all of the above when I made the switch so maybe there's something wrong with your cable then, as I don't get how Zelda can possibly look worse over component than it did with composite. Either that or you're just expecting too much from it. ::shrug:

Here's a question...

If I choose to buy one of the rumoured coloured Wii's coming out this year sometime... would I be able to transfer saved game states + VC games + settings + miis to the new machine? There would have to be a way of doing it I suppose otherwise they wouldn't sell any new machines to people who already have a Wii!

saves : yes

VC Games : no

Miis : yes

sd for savedata.

wiimote for mii transfer.

I have a problem.

I don't have a Wii. I'm guessing no stores will have any to buy this Saturday. So I might order online today. But most websites say "Out of Stock". What I want to know is what website will most likely get a Wii to me quickest?

I have a problem.

I don't have a Wii. I'm guessing no stores will have any to buy this Saturday. So I might order online today. But most websites say "Out of Stock". What I want to know is what website will most likely get a Wii to me quickest?

http://www.game.co.uk is your best bet because you can be sure that they will get the most Wii's when theres a new batch.

Oh and have any of you guys felt the left hand side of your Wii when its on standby? because mine feels so hot ... i mean realy hot... so hot that the cat like to lay up against it :angry:

Hey, I've only just joined but I've been lurking for quite a while.

I just got the component cable for Wii and I've tried to plug it into my TV (Sharp LA26SA1E) and I've found that the only audio input next to the component video input it a small headphones jack. I've tried plugging the audio cables into the composite audio inputs, but that just means I can either have audio with no picture on one channel or component video with no audio on another. Also, when I boot up Super Mario Bros on Virtual Console I get these weird scanlines and a strange ghosting effect, even after I changed the Wii settings from 576i to 480p.

I can't figure out how to select a different audio input on my TV (I don't think I actually can), so I think I'm screwed. Unless component video can be accepted through an RGB SCART input, and there's a component-SCART adapter that'll accept audio aswell it seems like my best option for Wii on my TV is just an RGB cable, which is extremely disappointing. Especially since I just spent £34 on this rare cable.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Hi...

I have either a problem with my Wii or a problem with my copy of WarioWare, not sure which. Basically when I try to play WarioWare every time there is a cut scene (first screen after loading, intro before the minigames etc) it freezes every couple of seconds, and you can hear the Wii struggling to read the disk before it starts playing for a couple of seconds more. Every so often the screen goes black and I get an error message.

Normally I would just assume this was a problem with the game (which I only received today), but it just so happens that last night we had at least one power cut... so now I'm worried it could be the Wii.

Obviously I'll take the game back soon to see if it happens on another copy... but before I do that just thought I would ask to see if anyone thought the disk/console was more likely to be faulty.

Thanks.

I'll play it again now and post back if I get the error again.

The only other games I've got are Wii Sports and Zelda... I tried Zelda briefly and it seemed fine... but then I didn't reach any cutscenes in it (plus I don't know if they will load the same way as the ones on WarioWare... if that makes sense). Is there any easy way to quickly see a cut scene in Zelda?

I'll play it again now and post back if I get the error again.

The only other games I've got are Wii Sports and Zelda... I tried Zelda briefly and it seemed fine... but then I didn't reach any cutscenes in it (plus I don't know if they will load the same way as the ones on WarioWare... if that makes sense). Is there any easy way to quickly see a cut scene in Zelda?

Start a new file?

I get the feeling that its your copy of Wario .... if it keeps occuring but only on that game.

Right well after playing again it suddenly works perfectly. I didn't even take the disk out to clean it or anything. This makes me think it might be a problem with the Wii, I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if the problem returns.

Right well after playing again it suddenly works perfectly. I didn't even take the disk out to clean it or anything. This makes me think it might be a problem with the Wii, I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if the problem returns.

Yeah it might have been your Wii playing up a little but may well be fine from now on... post back if you come across any more problems!

You probably need an adapter like this:

[/img]

Oh smeg, won't that drastically reduce the sound quality because it's merging 2 signals into one?

Well, either way I've decided to go for a SCART RGB cable. It's a component signal too so it'll be just as high quality (aside from not being gold-plated), but it probably won't be able to do progressive scan. That doesn't bother me though, because I prefer to display at 576i, my TV has an excellent line doubler and the extra resolution really is more important to me. I can't see how to resolve the VC problem anyhow.

Hi...

I have either a problem with my Wii or a problem with my copy of WarioWare, not sure which. Basically when I try to play WarioWare every time there is a cut scene (first screen after loading, intro before the minigames etc) it freezes every couple of seconds, and you can hear the Wii struggling to read the disk before it starts playing for a couple of seconds more. Every so often the screen goes black and I get an error message.

Normally I would just assume this was a problem with the game (which I only received today), but it just so happens that last night we had at least one power cut... so now I'm worried it could be the Wii.

Obviously I'll take the game back soon to see if it happens on another copy... but before I do that just thought I would ask to see if anyone thought the disk/console was more likely to be faulty.

Thanks.

I've been getting this problem recently too and it's definitely down to the Wii, not the discs.

I first noticed it on Zelda a few days ago. After the wrist strap safety screen it would take around a minute to reach the title screen (instead of the few seconds it normally takes) and then upon starting the game it would be choppy as hell, for example, changing to wolf link would have a noticeable delay on it, and the music would be missing for a few seconds every time you changed location.

At first it was only a problem with Zelda, but now I've experienced it with other games too, including WarioWare today. :sad: Showed up in exactly the same way you described, with stuttering on the first cut-scene. It's almost as if the Wii can't load information from disc quick enough. ::shrug:

The problem has been pretty random, but as far as I can tell it might be down to how you insert the discs. I've noticed that if I push the disks in slightly (rather than just holding them at the drive) there is less chance of it happening, also if I hear clicking noises before starting the game (in the disc channel) then I take the game out and try again as that is usually a sign that it's not going to work.

Having read about it on a few different sites now, it seems to be a much more common problem than I first thought, so at the moment I'm putting up with it, but if it get's any worse I'll see about sending it in for repair.

Oh smeg, won't that drastically reduce the sound quality because it's merging 2 signals into one?

No. Look closely to the 3.5mm stereo jack. It has three separated metal parts, one for ground, one for left channel and one for right channel. So it doesn't do anything other to the signal than transforming it from two rca's to one 3.5mm plug. And my guess is that the tv's port is stereo as well. And this should be cheaper than an rgb cable + you can use the progressive mode.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!