N-Europe

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Strange Cookie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got this on rental. surprise surprise its not bad actually. Tired of SF2T already since its downgrade in some ways... In MK VS DC you are missing many MK characters but the gameplay is fun. Graphics are not far from SC4. Definately a more satisfying sequel than Sc4. Worth a checkout imo.

Got this on rental. surprise surprise its not bad actually. Tired of SF2T already since its downgrade in some ways... In MK VS DC you are missing many MK characters but the gameplay is fun. Graphics are not far from SC4. Definately a more satisfying sequel than Sc4. Worth a checkout imo.

Saw you were playing it yesterday, I am defo going to pick it up at some point..l am glad to hear you are enjoying it.

This game just seems so meh to me. Its probably a decent fighter an all, but with so many other really good fighters out/coming out......this seems irrelevent.

For now I will stick with Tekken and SSF2THDR, until SF4 comes out. And possibly keep an eye out for SC4 in any bargain bins.

Yeah the game is hardly great in many ways. Graphically its a turd, much like SC4. Sound and animation are quite nice but its repeated often in different characters. No unlockables. Artistically the stages are more interesting than SC4. The fact i am saying this is amazing and shows how far SC has fallen.

Gameplay is actually fun. The over the top nature is also amusing. Its again light on content which seems to be typical of next gen fighters.

Overall its ok but you know this is a game almost anyone can play. Doing the same moves in MKvDC is 10x easier than in Street fighter 4 or HD. This means you can do all the flashy moves.

but with so many other really good fighters out/coming out......this seems irrelevent.

Really good fighters? Aside from Tekken, I dont see any. Capcom are pretty pathetic for the way they handled SF2HD. But i guess hardcore capcom fans are used to buying rereleases no matter how bad. SF4 is just SF in 3d again. Oh look they added a fancy artstyle! Must buy 10/10 etc. What rubbish.

Yeah the game is hardly great in many ways. Graphically its a turd, much like SC4. Sound and animation are quite nice but its repeated often in different characters. No unlockables. Artistically the stages are more interesting than SC4. The fact i am saying this is amazing and shows how far SC has fallen.

Overall its ok but you know this is a game almost anyone can play. Doing the same moves in MKvDC is 10x easier than in Street fighter 4 or HD. This means you can do all the flashy moves.

Really good fighters? Aside from Tekken, I dont see any. Capcom are pretty pathetic for the way they handled SF2HD. But i guess hardcore capcom fans are used to buying rereleases no matter how bad. SF4 is just SF in 3d again. Oh look they added a fancy artstyle! Must buy 10/10 etc. What rubbish.

I would hardly call Soul Calibur 4 a graphical 'Turd' I have never played it, but from the Video's I have seen and the reviews I have read, it seems the graphics are very good.

I have no problem pulling of special moves in SSF2THDR, games with easy to pull off special moves just become button mashers. Street fighter has always been about the Strategic gameplay, which is why it is still to this day being played competitively. This has just been refined in HD Remix, and the results are fantastic. If you don't like it, then fair enough, but that does not mean Capcom have in any way failed to produce an outstanding fighting game.

Virtual Fighter 5

SSF2THDR

Tekken5 DR Online

Naruto

Soul Calibur 4

DragonBall Z

Fight Night Round 3

All decent fighting games. Is there any room for MK vs DCU? I don't know, maybe for MK fans. But for me, there are better games out or coming out that interest me more.

Matt can understand the sentiment but for MK fans this is huge its a return to form for the franchise (from what I hear, despite being a massive fan not got it yet! Was on my xmas wishlist did the missus get the hint?) and for DC fans its probably the best game a lot of the characters will appear in for a long time.

From what I gather you are a big SF fan and I think you would feel kinda upset if fans of other series said there wasn't room for the latest version. I actually got SSF2THDR over MK vs DC intially as it was cheaper and its been so hyped whereas MK vs DC has largely been ignored which is a shame.

I would hardly call Soul Calibur 4 a graphical 'Turd' I have never played it, but from the Video's I have seen and the reviews I have read, it seems the graphics are very good.

I have no problem pulling of special moves in SSF2THDR, games with easy to pull off special moves just become button mashers. Street fighter has always been about the Strategic gameplay, which is why it is still to this day being played competitively. This has just been refined in HD Remix, and the results are fantastic. If you don't like it, then fair enough, but that does not mean Capcom have in any way failed to produce an outstanding fighting game.

Virtual Fighter 5

SSF2THDR

Tekken5 DR Online

Naruto

Soul Calibur 4

DragonBall Z

Fight Night Round 3

All decent fighting games. Is there any room for MK vs DCU? I don't know, maybe for MK fans. But for me, there are better games out or coming out that interest me more.

Yeah i agree. Just bitter about SF2THD. People seem to have low standards imo. The remixed gameplay is fine but I hate the added extensive rock music and cheap HD look. SF4 solves that.

MKVDc is hardly amazing but I am mad Namco failed with SC4. Sc4 is certainly the worst in the series. Used to be one of my fave games. I hope they dont mess up Tekken 6 console. It also better not have stupid DLC.

MKVDC is more a rent. Cant see myself owning it yet but more plays required in VS!.

Game runs in sub-HD on PS3 i can confirm.

edit2: I dont mind Sf2THD that much :P

Matt can understand the sentiment but for MK fans this is huge its a return to form for the franchise (from what I hear, despite being a massive fan not got it yet! Was on my xmas wishlist did the missus get the hint?) and for DC fans its probably the best game a lot of the characters will appear in for a long time.

From what I gather you are a big SF fan and I think you would feel kinda upset if fans of other series said there wasn't room for the latest version. I actually got SSF2THDR over MK vs DC intially as it was cheaper and its been so hyped whereas MK vs DC has largely been ignored which is a shame.

I totally agree mate, I maybe was a bit harsh saying this game was irrelevent. I have never played it, so cannot pass judgement. It probably is a decent fighter, and as you say, its a no brainer for MK or DC fans. I loved Mortal Kombat II, even downloaded it on PSN, so may give this one a rent. (Probably fall in love with the game now you watch lol)

Yeah i agree. Just bitter about SF2THD. People seem to have low standards imo. The remixed gameplay is fine but I hate the added extensive rock music and cheap HD look. SF4 solves that.

MKVDc is hardly amazing but I am mad Namco failed with SC4. Sc4 is certainly the worst in the series. Used to be one of my fave games. I hope they dont mess up Tekken 6 console. It also better not have stupid DLC.

MKVDC is more a rent. Cant see myself owning it yet but more plays required in VS!.

Game runs in sub-HD on PS3 i can confirm.

edit2: I dont mind Sf2THD that much :P

Is Soul Calibur 4 really that bad? I was gonna get this from Play.com, its only £17.99.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so major bumpage. But this game now going for £19.99 in a number of places and I finally picked it up today and it is definitly worth some attention.

The MK series will never the match the likes of Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter and Streetfighter for its levels of finesse. It does however make up for it with a highly charged visceral brutal combo heavy fighting system that can be enjoyed by all.

The controls are easier with moves being pulled off with relative ease Its perhaps not got the level of depth tournament fighters would like but there is still enough in there and the combo system has surprising levels of complexity for those looking for it.

There seems plenty to do with a story mode for each side, a simple arcade mode and a hard as nails Kombo Challenge for each character.

One area I do prefer to Soul Calibur 4 is the damage. In Soul Calibur it had the spectacle of your armour falling off when hit repeatedly. In MK vs DC however your clothes tear and reveal scars and torn skin etc... especially after a bout of klose kombat or freefall...

I would definitly recommend this and whilst I know there is a ton of stuff in the sales at the moment, this is well worth considering getting.

Guest Jordan

Clunky and shallow? Oh hell yes.

But fun? Very much so. They didn't go OTT with violence and stupid additions. This game is about beating the crap out of each other, in a 12+ kind of way.

As many have said, it feels heavy and its no Soul Calibur but its the first MK title i've enjoyed since Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Great purchase for me.

Yeah i might pick this up on the cheap. Its hardly a bad game and its quite accessible.

Hashcom? Try Crapcom, it sounds better. It's been a long time since I had a console fighting game, I think Tekken 4 was my last. MK is filling a good void at the moment.

Tekken 5 DR on PS3 is most excellent. 4 was kind of weak. Tekken 6 seems pretty nice too. Its no wonder its the only big fighting game franchise left. But they need to be careful with the home conversion. Hopefully going multiplatform does not destroy it like SC or other japanese games.

Street Fighter 4 has the exact same gameplay the last 200 SF games have ever had. Crapcom/ Hashcom indeed.

Still cant believe how badly they messed up Turbo HD. Even other SD games have nicer sprites and animation. Makes me worried for RE5.