Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jammy you talk poo!!

Are you saying that dual analogue control is better than wiimote?!? :D

Also, why are you being so pompous with your "Wii only owners will be happy with this!!,But I've played a PS3 and it simply won't come up to standard"!! Absolute cack, I hate generalising!!

In our house we have them all - PS3, 360, Wii, PC. And Wii controls make even an average game (MoH:H2) great! Resistence is cack in comparison, Halo has always been shit in my opinion, Bioshock was great, clunky controls.....but this is my opinion; but I won't say "CoD5 on the 360 is okay if you only have PS3/360; but if you have a Wii the infinitely superior controls really to make them play like shit!!"

Why can't you just accept that for people who aren't wowed by sparkly graphics and actually prefer a superior control method, The Conduit could potentially be better than most things on the HD systems!

jammy you talk poo!!

Also, why are you being so pompous with your "Wii only owners will be happy with this!!,But I've played a PS3 and it simply won't come up to standard"!! Absolute cack, I hate generalising!!

In our house we have them all - PS3, 360, Wii, PC. And Wii controls make even an average game (MoH:H2) great! Resistence is cack in comparison, Halo has always been shit in my opinion, Bioshock was great, clunky controls.....but this is my opinion; but I won't say "CoD5 on the 360 is okay if you only have PS3/360; but if you have a Wii the infinitely superior controls really to make them play like shit!!"

Why can't you just accept that for people who aren't wowed by sparkly graphics and actually prefer a superior control method, The Conduit could potentially be better than most things on the HD systems!

I'm pretty much talking about PC with mouse and keyboard, but I personally never got the problem with dual analogue. Granted I'm not a big FPS fan anyway (Except the wonder that is Bioshock... and maybe Metroid if that's an FPS?).

It was just my feelings on the game really, and any FPS on the Wii. IT's been done far better elsewhere - for me it's not what the Wii should be doing and not why I bought one. It's game should stand out from those avaliable in HD, not be a lesser-version of what is flooding their market.

It was just my opinion on the game, I think it's be a great Wii game but very hard to justify purchasing while I can pick up Resistance 2 for £20 :/.

I didn't mean every PS360 owner. I more meant its not going to attract the people who have one of the HD consoles and a Wii but don't play their Wii all that much. I know a ton of people like this and they just don't care about Wii games anymore.

Indeed, unfortunately most people are completely uninformed and prejudiced about it.

I am. I have always preferred the 360 controller over the wiimote, its probably the most comfortable pad I have ever used. I guess its a case of each to their own.

Surely not! After metroid and Medal of honour and even call of duty it just feels so slow and clunky!! Do you still eat with your hands? Use a quill? Get women by beating your chest?

Surely not! After metroid and Medal of honour and even call of duty it just feels so slow and clunky!! Do you still eat with your hands? Use a quill? Get women by beating your chest?

Lol. That's quite a militant attitude you have there ;)

I have no problem with dual analogue, and it was perfectly servicable before IR. It's just one of those things I personally struggle to get back into, yet I'm fully open to the idea that others could (but I DO question those who still have a solid preference with it over something like Metroid Prime 3)

Lol. That's quite a militant attitude you have there ;)

I have no problem with dual analogue, and it was perfectly servicable before IR. It's just one of those things I personally struggle to get back into, yet I'm fully open to the idea that others could (but I DO question those who still have a solid preference with it over something like Metroid Prime 3)

I actually struggled to play the Uncharted demo, thanks to the wondrousness of MP3's control scheme. I actually almost felt like my hands were cramping up.

same here, i dont get how ppl can prefer dual analog, its possibly the worst fps control scheme out there...

For me its just a question of what im used to. I hate PC gaming so i've never played a FPS with that setup. With the Wii I think theres only Metroid I have played thats a FPS and I didnt get far with it ( Always takes me like 2 years to finish a Metroid game ) The PS2/3 pad is shockingly bad due to the sticks being stupidly close together but the 360 pad just sits right with me, very snug. :)

You probably didn't even try to get used to the wii pointer or else have a broken wrist or something...

LMBO. Your saying I haven't given the wiimote a chance? I have around 40 odd Wii games, I think I can use the thing just fine :) I dont see what the problem is here, you prefer one control method yet I prefer the other. Whats the big deal?

With the Wii I think theres only Metroid I have played thats a FPS and I didnt get far with it ( Always takes me like 2 years to finish a Metroid game )

See! Metroid is such a grind!

it may be snug but it aims badly..

He must use auto-aim. :wink:

In my opinion, I think the Wiimote + nunchuk is a great combo for shooters. I never really got into Timesplitters and the like because I genuinely found it bizarre using two control sticks- seriously. It does work, but it feels weird. :heh: We need more shooters on the Wii before we will really see what its capable of, but even if you have only played RedSteel, you should be able to appreciate how much potential it has.

Whether it can topple the N64 controller or not just depends on the games.

What can I say? Im 26 years old and stuck in my ways :heh:

Obviously :P

Thing for me with dual analogs is that the learning curve is huge if you wanna play awesomely and with 360/PS3 focus on online it makes things ridiculously frustrating, because the way to be precise is pretty much to learn how to get around its flaws and whatnot and it annoys me. To each one his own, so not a problem ^^

I am. I have always preferred the 360 controller over the wiimote, its probably the most comfortable pad I have ever used. I guess its a case of each to their own.

I tend to agree with this. Everything is in the right place just wish they had sorted the bloody D-pad.

I find that both control methods have their pros and cons and at the end of the day they just tend to give games a different feel. Unfortunately I find playing with the Wiimote more panicky but responsive, whereas dual sticks are a little less responsive but I don't feel like I have to pay attention to stop my cursor floating off the screen when I start to relax like playing the Wii.

And yes, MP3 was a bit of a grind eventhough I liked it.

jammy you talk poo!!

How can you base everything on controls... despite how you feel a game with shite controls can still be fun... the classic survival horror games will show you this.. even classic fps games..but dual analogue isnt even THAT bad.. i have hated this argument for years.

dual analog worked FINE.. its not better than pc and probably not better than wiimote but it worked ok and i can do anything on it than i could with anything else..

but with your great wii controls you have to compinsate for a lot... mediocre on-line,worse graphics, no patch system,no downloadable content etc etc etc... is it worth it?

we dont even have a decent fps that tests out four player split screen yet.MOH and conduit conveniently leave this out and nobody complains.

personally i prefer dual analog still..... you cant ASSUME the wii is better at this based on ONE game!. metroid had control issues within the game.. it wasnt perfect so i dont feel its counted and call of duty wasnt good enough to convince me..

medal of honour was the one game that did...

How can you base everything on controls... despite how you feel a game with shite controls can still be fun... the classic survival horror games will show you this.. even classic fps games..but dual analogue isnt even THAT bad.. i have hated this argument for years.

dual analog worked FINE.. its not better than pc and probably not better than wiimote but it worked ok and i can do anything on it than i could with anything else..

but with your great wii controls you have to compinsate for a lot... mediocre on-line,worse graphics, no patch system,no downloadable content etc etc etc... is it worth it?

we dont even have a decent fps that tests out four player split screen yet.MOH and conduit conveniently leave this out and nobody complains.

When did I say controls are EVERYTHING? I played and loved Bioshock and more!! I'm just saying controls are extremely important for me, more important than better graphics.

Also, online is getting better, the only thing really lacking is voice chat and thats fixed now. I don't see what The Conduit isn't doing that your beloved 360 does so much better! Maybe more modes and DLC; but I aint that bothered, the actual online is going to be amazing I'm sure. CoD is now on the Wii!!

Also, Red Steel did 4 player split screen and it was great fun!

It's just after Wiimote, the control pads just feel horrible!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!