NEurope
ReZourceman

Gladiators

urgh no I'm in for the long haul tonight guys.

just tell me...is there a travelator? does it end in a rope swing? can contestants win a luxury 4x4?

Travelator check.

Rope swing, lacking. Replaced by wall of blocks of crash mat.

No 4x4.

Super hot bird with red hair and masive knorks though...

I'm watching the reply now cuz i had to go out somewhere earlier.

First impression after the first event, Duel, I'm a little dissappointed.

Mainly cuz their using bloody Britney Spears music (Hit Me Baby One More Time), and (can't remember the name of the song but it goes "I get knocked down and I get up again your never gonna keep me down") as the theme music when someone falls off the podium.

WTF?

Bring back "Another One Bites The Dust", you can all ready sense a lack of excitment in the show from this as the crowd is never gonna react to Britney like they did to Queen.

Also not too sure bout the colour scheme for the Gladiators uniform, bring back the pink and blue i say.

What I'm looking to see though will any of the female Gladiators try to fill Jets boots (*droooll*Jet*drool*), that Tempest one did a "hair flick" thing

I thought it was decent tonight, I particularly like that powerball game and the pyramid game looks impossible, the contenders were getting killed out there. Plus that knock the Scottish contender took on the bridge run was hilarious!

Things I didn't enjoy were that guy trying to be hard to be like Wolf from the original version and Ian Wright, he just annoys me. The Eliminator isn't as good as the original either.

Seems alrite this gladiators, though I HATE the colour scheme compared to before. it just seems all dark and bluey....bring back the RED :D

And it doesn't seem so epic anymore..ah well, im sure it'll grow on me!

OK it's over now, IMO, all the hype not worth it, not as good as the original, the changes don't work well for me.

The water pool also i just realised could be potentially dangerous. For example if during a Duel you take a bad hit and a shoulder is dislocated then you fall in...you can't swim now!!!!

The male Gladiators (i could tell this from the adverts but the show confirmed it) have no carisma. The Oblivion guy tried, but it just comes off as "i'm trying my best to be the new Wolf"... though I wish they would have put him on the Pyramid with the guy in blue to see if he could back up his mouth.

With the female Gladiators only Inferno, Ice and Tempest looked like they could be interesting (i'm think either Inferno or Tempest will be billed as the new Jet.... I was waiting to see if anyone would do Jets signature flip jump)

And the eliminator, not as good as the original, the swim a nice addition, but the cargo rope climb after it, too short, before that was the long climb before the zipline, which is now replaced by the Pyramid (WTF? That's an event, you can't re-use it!!!!), and what the hell was that "cotton reel" thing, what is the idea behind that meant to be? I would think you're maybe meant to stay on it as it rolls, but everyone basically jumped over it and rolled down the safety net.

Also the complete lack of the balance beam was very disappointing and then the Travelator. Is it just me or did anyone else think, "That doesn't look as hard as before", it looks shorter and slower than in the original show.

AND THEN, they took away the "swing over the finish line through the paper wall" thing, they already had a good template, all they had to do was follow it.

Chances are the whole series is pre-recorded by now (or most it) so likely won't be much changes.... hopefully next series

I agree about some things, but you've got ot let go of the past man! Apart from the rope swing at the end, which i really miss for some reason, i really enjoyed it. Oblivion seems like a good Galdiator to banter with, and Spartan did really well but i hate that he uses the same taunt as Randy Orton. How dare he!

hopefully now they will stop that fuking ".... ready" at the beginning of the adverts and end of the adverts was so annoying. Then when simpsons is bout to start "doughnuts READY"....OH FFS!!

didnt watch as hated the old skool gladiators so very much doubt ill like the return.

the names are silly "oblivion", "spartan", "inferno" why not just go the extra mile and call them "pidgeon", "pikachu" and "Chuck norris" etc

Havn't seen the new series as of yet, but from what i am hearing about it so far is that it is not as good as the originals, of which i quite liked. At least the classic Gladiators looked challenging and tough, this lot do look a little weaker and less challenging. May take a look into this and judge it for myself on Sunday night

I personally felt that it sucked big time. I ended up watching a Gladiators rerun on Challenge, and that was exciting. The new gladiators is nothing but a joke. And if John Anderson weren't part of it I wouldn't have bothered, and you can tell he's lost some of his spark anyway.

Well he is nearly 56..

yeah he would have struggled...

I'm glad people don't seem to like it...feels like I'm not missing out now seem as have virgin media so don't get sky 1

I don't understand the hate for it. People who thought it was going to be as good as back in the day - thats just silly.

The games are good, the new one especially I thought was awesome, great moment when the woman got sucker punched by a ball. Someone bled.

And they didnt waste all the amazing classic games in one episode.

I thought it was sweet. It was just the first episode.

Ugh.

That little prick is the reason I dont like Christians (Christians like him anyway)

Great episode so far! That other guy is a beast. Pulverising the Christian boy.

Edit:

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Ugh.

That little prick is the reason I dont like Christians (Christians like him anyway)

Great episode so far! That other guy is a beast. Pulverising the Christian boy.

Edit:

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Exactly what I thought. He was completely out of his league for the majority of the show, can't believe he won in the end.

Exactly what I thought. He was completely out of his league for the majority of the show, can't believe he won in the end.

At least it will be fun to seem him get completely flattened in a future show.

I lolled at that woman's cut finger.

'Yeah, its just POURING with blood now!!'

Oh yes, it certainly is!

I lolled at that woman's cut finger.

'Yeah, its just POURING with blood now!!'

Oh yes, it certainly is!

POURING FINGER....READY!!! :heh:

I can't believe God boy won... I mean, wtf.

I thought the 2nd episode was better than the 1st anyway, and thank god the Queen music came back, really injected some energy to the crowd and show i thought.

Oh and yeah, how the hell did the little guy win, OMG, the other guy was just too full of himself and thought he had it in the bag and was talking his time, i mean even before he fell off the hand cycle the little guy had already turned the 11 second gap to zero.

(wonder if i could get him to ask God to give me a winning euro millions ticket?) :heh: