NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blumeanie.

Crap Third Party Games.

Remember those crap third party games , the ones NOM or CUBE, NGC,N64PRO, 64MAG all said were 5.5 - 6.5 or similar and were really not worth your time or hard earned money but you went out , took a brain storm, and bought them anyway and really enjoyed them for some reason .

Eg, I went and bought DEAD TO RIGHTS and really enjoyed kicking that fat pinnacles head in as cool jack slate. ( I loved the story)

Or , BODY HARVEST- crap graphics but a quality game to play. etc.

Which 3rd party crappy game have you bought that has , for any reason , struck a chord and you liked it regardless of media criticism ?.

Cmon, everyone has been suckered and surprised at least once eh?.

Jurassic park for the snes got reviews like 69% and 75% from most the mags at the time and I never got a game that scored below 85%. It was kind of dismissed as just another movie tie in game and crap.

I wasn’t a huge Jurassic park fan so I wasn’t buying it for the name. However since the way they described the game didn’t seem that bad at all to me I thought it would be worth getting . I went out on a limb and brought it and its ended up being one of my favourite snes titles that I have. I still go back to and play from time to time (I played it just last month).

When you where walking around the island itself the game had a top down perspective like Zelda alttp but when you went inside a building it changed to a First person shooter which was very different at the time.

The missions/ things to do involved powering up the computer so you could open and shut the gates around the park, clearing a ship of Dinosaurs before it leaves the island, finding ID cards so you can access new areas and wiping out a raptor nest.

That game does however feature the worst ending for a game ever.

I used to love a game called Fighter's Destiny on the N64. It was a beat 'em up with some nice special move combos. Flying Fish of Death from some fat indian guy was my favourite. I think it got pretty poor reviews but i used to quite enjoy. It would probably play awful if i played it now though.

I used to love a game called Fighter's Destiny on the N64. It was a beat 'em up with some nice special move combos. Flying Fish of Death from some fat indian guy was my favourite. I think it got pretty poor reviews but i used to quite enjoy. It would probably play awful if i played it now though.

I loved that game, and played it an awful lot when I orignally had it. I went back to relive some good memories... I must of had a crap childhood if that was a highlight.

Mission Impossible was massivley underrated.....

Only joking. Geist is actually IMO a good game with fun multiplayerand some nice features you dont find in other games such as possessing a dog or rat.

ahaahaha, Body Harvest all the way. Totally had crap graphics but was an awesome game to play. Probably wouldn't have even heard of that game if it weren't for Nintendo Power mag.

I really enjoyed Cruis'n World. Upgrading your car, unlocking so many different cars and the only skill you needed was ramming the other cars (I was a really bad player at that time) and double pressing the A button.

Besides the cars I really liked the environment and all the cities and things.

At that time I didn't read any reviews so I only found out about now what the rating was.

Hydro Thunder. Loved it to bits that game.

It's just been re-released in the Midway Classics Three compilation aswell.

Another so called crappy game i bought was Konamis Hybrid Heaven on N64 .

I liked the story and it had a brilliant battle system.

Castlevania on N64 was good but was also overlooked , i even bought the second one which had exacly the same levels as the first , a total rip-off.

Cant remember what that second one was called though .

..carmageddon..lol (well..my brother bought it..)

jaysus... im glad that im not the only one that was so stupid.. carmageddon 64.

lucky for me i tradede it for a used copy of Resident Evil 2..

Hybrid heaven!!! RULES! I loved the fighting system.. boy I beat the crap out of those baddies

Has anyone tried Jeopardy for N64? I think it was the only game that was 1-3 players.. it got 7 or 8% in N64 (Now known as NGC)... I never bought it... proably loads of fun :D

I really liked bomberman 64. That was slated by the magazines, but I thought was a really enjoyable game. Mission Impossible was just utter pony. I honestly cannot believe that anyone enjoyed playing that game!

I remember playing through Mission Impossible and beating the game 100%. I have a tendancy to sit through mediocre games and completing them 100%. Currently I am working on completing all 360 objectives on Kirby Air Ride on GCN.

I'd probably say...Agent Under Fire for cube...Although I don't really tend to buy medicre games. It was broken, but still fun. The weapons were so unsatisfying though.

Sign in to follow this