NEurope
Tellyn

Rock Band

Why?

If someone was specifically waiting for the EU version, to avoid the cufuffle of importing, then finding out that A) Super uber delay and B) Super uber pricing....so thats why.

Why? PS3 is region free, so i'm gonna import from Video Games Plus and get it for about £110.

:smile:

Have fun sending your broken instruments back to America to be repaired...

I wish that the gaming community and the games sellers would boycot this game. This price inflation is fucking rediculous.

I was actually thinking about Guitar Hero 3 today.

PS3/360/Wii version, generally £60-£70

PS2 version £30.

So how is the game itself worth £30-£40 for some slightly better graphics?

I havnt played the PS2 version, so i suppose the only extra things you will get is Online play and slightly better grapics i suppose :)

I was actually thinking about Guitar Hero 3 today.

PS3/360/Wii version, generally £60-£70

PS2 version £30.

So how is the game itself worth £30-£40 for some slightly better graphics?

Not entirely sure where you're getting the prices from, but it's as if you've taken the 360/PS3/Wii bundle price of roughly £65 and the standalone price of the PS2 version and compared them.

Also, PS2 = No online etc.

Not entirely sure where you're getting the prices from, but it's as if you've taken the 360/PS3/Wii bundle price of roughly £65 and the standalone price of the PS2 version and compared them.

Also, PS2 = No online etc.

Nah, the PS2 bundle was £30 in HMV yesterday...I assumed that was the standard price. No online is good point.

Its still blatent rip offage though.

Interesting. I wonder how much the PS2 Rock Ba--

Oh wait, no online, DLC, character creation..

Yeah, I'll pay for next gen versions tbh :P But I know what you're saying about GH3. That said, when the games were exclusive to the PS2 they were the same price. I put the PS2 bundle price down to stock clearance ;)

Play.com are selling the 360 Instrument Pack for £100 and the game itself for £40 so £140 in total. Still bloody expensive though.

Kinda sucks that you basically get given a list and can't pick and choose like with DLC but it's better than nothing I guess. Also you wouldn't be able to use the expansion songs on the same set list as the normal songs since you'd have them on different discs.

I'm still going for the 360 version, but good news for Wii only people.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=42054#more-42054

Is this pretty much the DLC from the 360 version on a disc for the Wii!

It also works out cheaper:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9962

Some digging into Harmonix's pricing for the Wii/Playstation 2 additional songs disc have made it slightly cheaper than downloading.

Despite not being able to download additional material after purchasing Rock Band, Wii owners will have access to songs via an expansion disc. According to MTV Multiplayer, Rock Band Track Pack Volume 1 hits retail retail on July 15 at an MSRP of $29.99.

Those who intend on purchasing the current extra songs library may just see better value on the Wii, with all 20 tracks being considerably cheaper to buy as a CD, as opposed to downloading. Xbox360 and Playstation 3 owners can select individual tracks for $2 a piece, making the entire selection $40 in total, $10 higher.

A decent deal, or should downloadable content really have been something for the Wii. We're looking at you, Nintendo!

It also works out cheaper:

That's great news actually, shame it means swapping discs but oh well, 33% cheaper than next gen is really good. Still don't know whether to get Wii or PS3 versions but Wii is favourite to be honest, it's my main console, this disc is a nice sweetner and I aint bothered about online!

A decent deal, or should downloadable content really have been something for the Wii. We're looking at you, Nintendo!
Nah, we're looking at you... EA!