NEurope
Tellyn

Rock Band

I went to Franklin College too :)

I imagine Rock Band to come out late summer early autumn in Europe. I really want to get the Wii version as it's much more of a party console so no faffing on gaming nights; but if it's the same price with much less features then I'll prob get the PS3 version!!

Hahahah! What a shambles. Bit of a joke really.

"We're not doing online because we want Nintys online to be realised properly"

Oooorrrr

You're porting to Wii because of the mass appeal and possibilty of massive sales and you just can't be bothered to make an online scheme for it.

360 it is then.

Would you have bought it on the Wii even if it did have all the same stuff as the 360 minus the HD and achievements?

The fact that you cannot even use the GH3 controller for this means this is a joke already. Expecting Wii owners to pay £70 time and time again is unrealistic. At least with GH you know you can keep on using the same peripheral, there will be many titles AND it will have online.

Rock Band is already buggered before it's got off the ground. Nice work EA.

And so Activision will keep on raking the cash in on Wii. Better than EA doing so I guess.

Any chance you went to the grammar in caistor aswell? That would make a local RE meetup of 3 people YARR!
Hurrr, I went to Yarborough. I moved to Caistor at the beginning of Year 8 and couldn't take an entrance test for CGS for about 9 months so I stuck where I was.

The only way Wii's rock band has a chance of encroaching on the opposing system's sales is if they have a better release date, and that's not likely now, is it.

The fact that you cannot even use the GH3 controller for this means this is a joke already. Expecting Wii owners to pay £70 time and time again is unrealistic. At least with GH you know you can keep on using the same peripheral, there will be many titles AND it will have online.

Rock Band is already buggered before it's got off the ground. Nice work EA.

And so Activision will keep on raking the cash in on Wii. Better than EA doing so I guess.

It doesn't say you can't use the GHIII controller...

Hurrr, I went to Yarborough. I moved to Caistor at the beginning of Year 8 and couldn't take an entrance test for CGS for about 9 months so I stuck where I was.

The only way Wii's rock band has a chance of encroaching on the opposing system's sales is if they have a better release date, and that's not likely now, is it.

Aqww man that sucks! I got into caistor at about year 10 where i had to take their own special test which was apparently beyond a 11+.... yarborough was good but they would always walk onto the grammar at like the lunch times in vain hopes that some intelligence would rub off on them (no offense) Xd

If only rockband used the wiimote to its full potential!! Caus when i play GH3 I dont stand there like a plank, I move around like a little. There should be some form of points multiplier for looking like the people who play the game in the adverts! more immersive!

Frankly I am not sure whether to wait for the single instrument sets, in which i will get the drum set. Then buy a separate guitar for my sister and just leave out the mic all together or get the whole pack and hope to god I learn to sing sometime in the middle (and or drum and sing)

It doesn't say you can't use the GHIII controller...

Taken from IGN:

The instruments included in the package will not be compatible with the Wii remote, according to Harmonix. Instead, the instruments will work wirelessly directly with the Wii console, similar to the other console versions.

I presume that means GH3 controllers are a no-go.

Thanks to the people who have signed already.

Could we, in some way, advertise this petition? Or create one that formulates our quarrel with the situation more aptly?

Thanks to the people who have signed already.

Could we, in some way, advertise this petition? Or create one that formulates our quarrel with the situation more aptly?

Send it to gonintendo, and everytime time you stumble upon blogs/site entries with rock band in the theme, take the time to put a comment with the petition, for example.

Send it to gonintendo, and everytime time you stumble upon blogs/site entries with rock band in the theme, take the time to put a comment with the petition, for example.

*cough* Digg.com

they are fools for not releasing this in the first place..It's an obvious success/

they are trying to cash on the massive success of guitar hero with this quick and shoddy ps2 port.

it's too expensive for wii owners anyway.

Taken from IGN:

The instruments included in the package will not be compatible with the Wii remote, according to Harmonix. Instead, the instruments will work wirelessly directly with the Wii console, similar to the other console versions.

I presume that means GH3 controllers are a no-go.

What it says there is that the controllers made by Harmonix won't need to have the Wiimote plugged in to them in order to work. Instead all the RB controllers work direct with the Wii.

That doesn't mean that the GHIII controller isn't supported, it doesn't confirm or deny that. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be.

Well im almost certain the GH controllers dont work with the ps3 and 360 versions of the game so i dont see what the fuss is about.

I'll still be getting the game as online play is not a big issue for me, it would bhe nice though but I'll still be getting cos

a. It looks brill

b. I dont have a 360 or ps3.

THe GH controllers all work with the PS2, PS3 and 360 versions of this game. The Rock Band controllers don't work with GH though, been a lot of name calling between EA and Activision over that one. Basically Activision can't be arsed to write a patch for the GH games, they insist that there's no consumer demand for it...

the GH controllers dont work on the PS3 version because Activision wouldnt let Harmonix release a patch to enable them.

Do you genuinely think they will change the game because of a petition? Petitions basically never have any effect anyway, and on the rare occasion they do it's to release a game in a different region etc. Not add new features to a game.

Would you have bought it on the Wii even if it did have all the same stuff as the 360 minus the HD and achievements?

I was split both ways for personal reasons; those being that I enjoy playing with my family and they don't use the 360 but they do use the Wii, and I have been trying to decide whether or not to get my GH/RB fix on Wii or 360 from now on. This is the nail in the coffin tbh - online and DLC is important to me.

And the amount of "bugs" GH ThWii had gets to me - don't even talk about the terrible matchmaking solution they had :P

And the amount of "bugs" GH ThWii had gets to me - don't even talk about the terrible matchmaking solution they had :P

Mono audio *cough*

I will be getting it on another console mainly caus of your mentioned reasons and the fact that eventually I do just want a hardcore blood and guts mainstream game to plug away at.

Dont forget that other consoles have their gems.. I just like the choice..

I was thinking of getting it for Wii because I've got GH3 on Wii. But I'll have to see whats with compatibility between guitars, and pricing etc.

Basically I'm gonna hold judgement back and wait for them to say whats happening.

The lack of DLC is a big loss for me. Rock Band looks fantastic, but I think I'll be getting it on PS3/360.

If the Wii version is anything like the PS2 version, then you can't even create your own character. It just plays FMV in the background of stock characters.

What the fuck are they playing at!!

Nintendo bring back your seal of quality!!!

what upsets me most is EA / Activision will think even worse about their games on Wii when they see their game not selling well on it, and im sure they wont realise its cause they didint add online