N-Europe

Sonic Unleashed

Fandango

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know the level you mean it took me a few goes aswell. Eventually I just stormed in and hit the unleash button for maximum effect :) Im still trying to get an S rank on a Sonic level, ive heard there is some easy Chao searching mission so I will try it on that.

If you go to the Spagonia Entrance world, then head to the back of that area there should be a wall jump part. I think the Chao mission is there.

I'm not sure if you get this move at the start as I only accidentally discovered it recently, but if you run (the RT/LT run) and hit Y you'll do a ton of powerful swipes. You only have to run for a few steps to be able to do it, too. So it can be done easily with a load of enemies surrounding you.

If you go to the Spagonia Entrance world, then head to the back of that area there should be a wall jump part. I think the Chao mission is there.

I'm not sure if you get this move at the start as I only accidentally discovered it recently, but if you run (the RT/LT run) and hit Y you'll do a ton of powerful swipes. You only have to run for a few steps to be able to do it, too. So it can be done easily with a load of enemies surrounding you.

Cheers, Cube. Im on Mirrors Edge at the moment but I will check it out later.

Yeah you get that move as you upgrade your combos, its very handy :)

Just completed the main story.

Eggmanland was tough, but a fantastic level. It's a shame that more levels didn't use a mixture of Sonic and Warehog sections.

As for the final boss...

The first phase was pathetically easy (and the easiest S-Rank in the game) .

The second phase I both hated and loved. Controlling the big thing (I thought **** Yeah! when I saw the temples combine into a huge colossus) was awful...it felt like controlling a ton of concrete (which I suppose it was). However, the short Sonic sections were fun.

The last phase was cool but easy.

I've really enjoyed the game...and there's still a lot that I can slowly work through. The plot was much simpler than previous games (as it should be), and yet also seemed far more epic (even though the final level wasn't in space). The lack of many characters helped it..although a few cameo appearances by them would have been nice (especially Knuckles) or even as unlockable skins.

Very fun game once you get used to the way opening levels work.

Just completed the main story.

Eggmanland was tough, but a fantastic level. It's a shame that more levels didn't use a mixture of Sonic and Warehog sections.

As for the final boss...

The first phase was pathetically easy (and the easiest S-Rank in the game) .

The second phase I both hated and loved. Controlling the big thing (I thought **** Yeah! when I saw the temples combine into a huge colossus) was awful...it felt like controlling a ton of concrete (which I suppose it was). However, the short Sonic sections were fun.

The last phase was cool but easy.

I've really enjoyed the game...and there's still a lot that I can slowly work through. The plot was much simpler than previous games (as it should be), and yet also seemed far more epic (even though the final level wasn't in space). The lack of many characters helped it..although a few cameo appearances by them would have been nice (especially Knuckles) or even as unlockable skins.

Very fun game once you get used to the way opening levels work.

Yep i know what u mean. I was disappointed with the final fight overall (espically the second phase as u mentioned)

I kept waiting to see an appearance from more characters but it never happened. Both a good and bad thing me thinks.

Reviews were far too negative on this, deserved a higher score than the likes of 3.5.

I got this yesterday - took a long time for me to go for it as I still can't believe how shockingly bad Sonic06 was and the fact that most of you on here seem to like it, and so far, really enjoying it. Not played that many levels yet and there has been a couple of annoying bits but fingers crossed the rest of the game doesn't nose dive.

Thanks for the heads-up Cube. I'm quite surprised how much I'm enjoying it so far I just hope that it stays that way!

It will. Ignore any reviews you may have read for this game.

By the way Cube

On eggmanland how long did it take u to complete that level? My completion time was bloody 55 minutes! lol

I'll check my time in a moment. As for the reviews, a lot of them seemed to complain about having to talk to people. You only actually have to talk to between 5 and 10 people in the entire game. The rest is entirely optional. So they were basically complaining that the game has plenty of side-quests.

I finally finished the game last night and I really enjoyed playing through it. I was quite worried about going through Eggmanland as I read horror stories about that level on G-Faqs but it isnt hard at all, its just long ( took 47mins ).

Last boss

[spoiler=]The final boss wasnt as good as the Wii version due to final part being pretty meh. On the Wii you get to attack Dark Gaia directly with the colossus and as Super Sonic but on this version its just a bunch of QTEs

I have to ask Mike, did you get the Arid Sands achievement with the glitch or legit? :) I tried it the other day and I think thats gonna take me a while to get. You have to finish the level in 2 mins 50 secs and I think I was kicking around the 4 min area :(

I finally finished the game last night and I really enjoyed playing through it. I was quite worried about going through Eggmanland as I read horror stories about that level on G-Faqs but it isnt hard at all, its just long ( took 47mins ).

Last boss

[spoiler=]The final boss wasnt as good as the Wii version due to final part being pretty meh. On the Wii you get to attack Dark Gaia directly with the colossus and as Super Sonic but on this version its just a bunch of QTEs

I have to ask Mike, did you get the Arid Sands achievement with the glitch or legit? :) I tried it the other day and I think thats gonna take me a while to get. You have to finish the level in 2 mins 50 secs and I think I was kicking around the 4 min area :(

Of course i did it legit. How dare u acuse me of cheating! <panics>. Yeah i glitched it, lol. Followed a youtube vid some where. I was getting a similar time to u and it was pissing me off. (i got the Windmill Isle Act 2 one legit though, although that one wasn't really that hard)

Of course i did it legit. How dare u acuse me of cheating! <panics>. Yeah i glitched it, lol. Followed a youtube vid some where. I was getting a similar time to u and it was pissing me off. (i got the Windmill Isle Act 2 one legit though, although that one wasn't really that hard)

Yeah, I can nail the Windmill one, its what I got my S rank achievy on. How do you go about doing the glitch as I tried a couple of times but it just wont work for me.

Yeah, I can nail the Windmill one, its what I got my S rank achievy on. How do you go about doing the glitch as I tried a couple of times but it just wont work for me.

It did take me a fair few goes to even glitch it! lol.

I ran past the goal (obviously not goin through it) and literally u just have to be a certain distance to jump and 'attack' it but press start just before u touch it and press restart.

If done right u will get a record speed of completing it on 0 seconds and achievment will unlock!

Try standing where sonic is in this video and do it (this is what i followed 2 do it)

Got this yesterday. Wasn't really sure as most sonic games..as mentioned have been pretty awful in recent years.

I love it, the only issue I have is the fighting..too slow for my liking. Sonic has to pause it seems before striking again and in that time it's too easy to be struck back. Other than that it's an interesting little game. Nice to have a ''realistic'' world to play instead of just some island!

Guest Captain Falcon

My first bash at Eggmanland came in at 45mins but I got it down a bit on my second finish of the level. I really can't ever see me beating the time attacks for this stage. It's not the time - I just can't get to the end on one life. Same for the Adabat anything runs.

Is Eggmanland a Werehog level...if not then holy buckets...

There are hourglasses throughout the level and you keep swapping between Sonic and the Werehog. To be honest, you don't notice the passage of time really as there is a lot of variety in there to distract you from it - you never feel like you're just endlessly repeating 2 sections over and over.