N-Europe

The Spectacular Spider-Man (Cartoon)

ReZourceman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the first one, not big on the style, liking the idea of no MJ in it though, although I doubt they'll off Gwen Stacey like they should. It was just too... grey. It works so well on paper, they have a teenage Parker with troubles, he does the snappy one liners and there's webbing under his arms and everything... the animation and action sequences were great, but something wasn't quite right, and it wasn't just that dulled down palette. Maybe the target audience was just a bit too young for me. An Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon might have been better.

Teen Titans was better, The Batman was worse, this is somewhere in average-dom.

I can't imagine something being worse than Teen Titans. Christ that was shit. The Batman annoyed me because Batman was the same voice as the black dude from Godzilla, plus the fact they made a big point of saying "THE" Batman.

Seen the first one, not big on the style, liking the idea of no MJ in it though, although I doubt they'll off Gwen Stacey like they should. It was just too... grey. It works so well on paper, they have a teenage Parker with troubles, he does the snappy one liners and there's webbing under his arms and everything... the animation and action sequences were great, but something wasn't quite right, and it wasn't just that dulled down palette. Maybe the target audience was just a bit too young for me. An Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon might have been better.

The best Batman cartoon is Batman: The Animated Series.

The best Batman cartoon is Batman: The Animated Series.

EVERYONE knows that though. Any thought otherwise is just plain wrong.

-----

I want to see this new cartoon, but I have shite TV.

I liked Teen Titans for what it was. Some episodes were jokes. Like thw one where Mad Mod transports them into a crazy 60's-ish universe full of birtish memorabilia.

The Batman has it's merits, but it's not that good.

Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are on the same par as B:TAS, but maybe a little less amazing.

Just saw the third episode. Happy to say it keeps up the quality.

Very awesome indeed. Sure does suck for Spider-man sometimes! :(

Eddie Brock is a HUGE fucking bad ass. He is totally totally awesome. He is going to be an absolutely amazing Venom and that story lines going to be super interesting.

I must admit I had a soft spot for Batman of the Future when I was younger.

Nothing will beat the Fox Kids Spiderman series though. They guy that played Carlton-fucking-Banks did some voice acting for that show, you can't get more awesome than that.

• 5 weeks later...

Latest episode (Episode 6) was amazing.

It teased/gave info on the bigger picture, and its something fairly fresh and new that they havnt really toyed with, with Spider-Man before.

And theres loads of new characters. And one of them is FUCKING pimp.

Tombstone

And this person kicks. Ass.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

(Bit of a bump, thought it better than starting a new thread.)

Man, spent the morning catching up on this(got just the last episode to go!) as I got busy and out of touch with things for a while, now seen all of season one and I think it's rather excellent! Does anyone know when season 2 is starting?

I'm loving the progress of this alot more than the 90s one, it does pack alot in(the 90s took about 6 episodes to tell one story, though it was still excellent). I like this faster pace, there's one episode when they bring in about 5/6 new characters to the show at the same time! I like they way they did the origins late on too, brilliant stuff.

One thing that bothered me in one episode however;

The one where the 'six' come together(they all break out with Electro's help, I don't know what 'six' they are though. Sandman, Electro, Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Shocker). When Shocker shoots Spidey in the Symbiote suit(also loved how they did that bit, with his quietness and all) why does it not hurt the suit at all? I thought Shocker uses vibrations, and the suit doesn't like them that's why it doesn't like noise. In the next episode it even says it doesn't like the vibrations when he rings the bell!

So yeah, wtf?

But what about the bell! THE BEELLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS! Hardly high pitched, I don't know the last time I even heard a high pitched bell! THEEE BEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSS!

It's sound in general it's weak to, not physical vibrations.