N-Europe

The Politics Thread

KKOB

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time people woke up and stopped voting for labour and conservatives.

But people like to vote for the winning party! It gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside to think that they guessed right :p

I must admit though, i did like Blair. He was the only inspirational political leader we've had in the past 15-20 years. The only other person i've thought of as worth voting for is Charles Kennedy. I was really annoyed with the way the media dragged him through the gutter for being an alcoholic.

It's pretty symbolic of why so few people go in to politics these days, you're under payed, over worked and at the end of the day the media trudge through you're personal life and rip it to pieces. Much better and safer to work you're way up the corporate ladder, you get payed more, the company look after you and nobody cares what you do outside of 9-5 Monday-Friday.

IMO this country is in desperate need of an inspirational political leader, the whole system needs a good shake up. Unfortunately who's left to do that? The names are pretty thin on the ground...

Well the Media have quite a large influence on how the country is run. All of the retarded fuckwits spouting out what the tabloids print as if it's their own views. When they clearly haven't had their own views since the day they stopped reading The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.

Well the Media have quite a large influence on how the country is run. All of the retarded fuckwits spouting out what the tabloids print as if it's their own views. When they clearly haven't had their own views since the day they stopped reading The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.

Agree completely. To be honest it's the freedom of the media that is ruining British politics. The media has it's own agenda, both political and financial and due to them being stupidly powerfull in this country they have way too much influence on policy.

I've never understood why so many people don't trust politicians yet trust the papers. At the end of the day the politicians are doing what they think is right for the country, they have no other agenda (bar a certain amout of personal ambition). They make mistakes, but they're hearts are usually in the right place.

Much better having free will than the alternative we have now. Fathers not being able to see their kids because of the state says no when it's none of their fucking business, ideolgies being enforced instead of being a choice. Free will is gone, and has been replaced by the bully state telling every one what they can and can't do.

Lefties particulary piss me off. They love the state and want to use it as a weapon to bully everyone to go along with any horse shit they come up with.

Fuck them.

Need to mind their own fucking business.

Back off state.

The media has it's own agenda, both political and financial and due to them being stupidly powerfull in this country they have way too much influence on policy.

Bang on the mark sir.

Much better having free will than the alternative we have now. Fathers not being able to see their kids because of the state says no when it's none of their fucking business, ideolgies being enforced instead of being a choice. Free will is gone, and has been replaced by the bully state telling every one what they can and can't do.

Lefties particulary piss me off. They love the state and want to use it as a weapon to bully everyone to go along with any horse shit they come up with.

Fuck them.

Need to mind their own fucking business.

Back off state.

I agree with this a lot as well.

Unfortunately, the state is a needed evil. But people who love free will must try to keep it as small as possible. The state should only be there to serve and protect people, when it comes to anything else, it needs to keep its mouth shut.

The state can't possibly be impartial, because the people in charge always have their own shitty agenda. So what's the next best thing? Limited government, and people having more freedom to sort out their personal affairs.

Wait....are your views not fairly 'left wing' :wtf: Unless I am missing something here, I feel I am =/

Lefties love using the state to bully people to go along with their ideology. This is why I can't stand them.

As for my views. Well they're irrelevant. I don't want to use those state thugs to enforce my opinions like liberals do. Feminism is a disease in my opinion, yet the state enforces its shite on this country. Yet me, as a massive anti feminist, wouldn't want the state to make it illegal. Leave it as a choice, then whether or not it's right or wrong doesn't matter.

Liberals won't have that though, they just love to use the state to force people to go along with it.

Not too sure on the NHS. Part of me think it'd be better to scrap it, and have every one to pay for it theirselves. People who couldn't afford it could then be helped by private charities. Another part of me thinks it should be free on demand, because no one asks to be sick, so why should they have to pay to get better?

I'd definitely rid of ideology being taught in schools. When I was in school, I was taught that racism and such is bad. There's nothing really wrong with that message, but it shouldn't be taught in school. If I was a parent who was a racist, or homophobic, I wouldn't want the state to go against me by teaching my child the opposite. Unfortunately you are pretty much forced to make your child to go school, or you're put in prison and your child is taken away from you. So the bully state has you either way.

I'd most definitely get rid of government funded battered women's shelters. They're a breeding ground for lying feminists and their ideology being funded by the tax payer. In their place I'd have privately funded shelters for battered people who genuinely need them.

I'd most definitely rid of alimony and other horse shit like child custody. Marriage is none of anyone's business apart from the 2 people who entered the union. The state should not be able to come in and steal your money away and give it to some bitch who can easily run off, with your child, your money and your house. Most men want to do the decent thing and support their children, the state shouldn't be having any sort of a say in what capacity.

I'd let people who have their own business be able to discriminate against anyone they like. If a business owner doesn't want to hire gays, women, black people or some other designated victim status group, then it should be their right to do so. It's their business, no one elses, and after they pay their tax, they should be able to run their business anyway they want (within reason). Fortunately, discriminating isn't good for business, and businesses that would do it would lose money.

Prostitution should be legal for sure. Anything that happens between two consenting people which nature has deemed ready to make babies is none of anyone elses business. The state needs to keep its nose out of people's sex lives.

I agree with Mikey on every point, well almost every point. On the subject of the NHS I think it would be better if the Government took the stance that anyone who falls ill is liable to be beaten senseless by the local community. It allows people to see where their taxes are going and also forms a strong community bond.

If you incorporated that into your premiership i'd happily tag along.

There certainly seems to be a surge of rebellious sixth formers who've decided to try their hand at anarcho-capitalism and declare themselves liberatarians on message boards. I preferred it when libertarians simply bought enough weapons and canned food for a small country, made a complex with their followers out of reach of government mind-control rays (this bit is easier if you let them believe you're some kind of messiah figure) then waited for the FBI and ATF to come along and ask why you've made up your own currency, you've not paid taxes for 5 years and you're mixing up semtex in your bath, so everyone can have a good old fashioned barney.

"There isn't much point arguing about the word "libertarian." It would make about as much sense to argue with an unreconstructed Stalinist about the word "democracy" -- recall that they called what they'd constructed "peoples' democracies." The weird offshoot of ultra-right individualist anarchism that is called "libertarian" here happens to amount to advocacy of perhaps the worst kind of imaginable tyranny, namely unaccountable private tyranny. If they want to call that "libertarian," fine; after all, Stalin called his system "democratic." But why bother arguing about it?" - Chompsky

There certainly seems to be a surge of rebellious sixth formers who've decided to try their hand at anarcho-capitalism and declare themselves liberatarians on message boards. I preferred it when libertarians simply bought enough weapons and canned food for a small country, made a complex with their followers out of reach of government mind-control rays (this bit is easier if you let them believe you're some kind of messiah figure) then waited for the FBI and ATF to come along and ask why you've made up your own currency, you've not paid taxes for 5 years and you're mixing up semtex in your bath, so everyone can have a good old fashioned barney.

"There isn't much point arguing about the word "libertarian." It would make about as much sense to argue with an unreconstructed Stalinist about the word "democracy" -- recall that they called what they'd constructed "peoples' democracies." The weird offshoot of ultra-right individualist anarchism that is called "libertarian" here happens to amount to advocacy of perhaps the worst kind of imaginable tyranny, namely unaccountable private tyranny. If they want to call that "libertarian," fine; after all, Stalin called his system "democratic." But why bother arguing about it?" - Chompsky

Horse shit. Libertarians generally believe that a people's rights end where another person's starts. The state are the tyrants. Protect my body, and my possessions, after that, the state needs to go and get fucked.

Horse shit. Libertarians generally believe that a people's rights end where another person's starts. The state are the tyrants. Protect my body, and my possessions, after that, the state needs to go and get fucked.

Like I say, off you go - grab some guns and some of those dollars with Ron Paul's face on and fight the power, comrade.

You're welcome to think that. Get a tattoo about it if you like, that will show the Man. Libertarianism is up there with other flavours of anarchism and utopian communism in "Wooly headed rebellious idealism which never has a cat in hells chance of working anywhere in the world land". Which is a good thing, because like some opposition parties the wack-job conspiracy nut anarchists who pretend it's some kind of legitimate political position (Libertarian politicians are hilarious, you might as well declare yourself a vegetarian butcher) can bang on and on about how great it will be without any danger of actually having to put it to the test and exposing the fatal flaws which a five year old could have pointed out in its very basis.

You also find that people who are very vocal about people being able to do whatever they want without impacting on others tend to think of all the great things they'll be able to do and the freedoms they'll be able to have when they're going their own way without need for support or 'oppression' from the Man. Delve deeper and you tend to find they're not too happy about some people they don't like having similar freedoms (something they've not thought about as much in their freedom fighting euphoria) and start making tenuous connections to how this impacts on them - For instance 'Libertarians' who are against gay marriage because they claim it 'devalues' their own marriage and thereby infringes on their personal rights.

You're so full of shit. I've already said the state is a needed evil, it should just be limited in its influence. Much better having something like the state limited, and giving people choices, than having a big government like we have now ruling over the country giving people no choice at all.

Liberals are so full of shit.

Who in the fuck are the state to tell me when I can and can't see my own children? Who in the hell are the state to tell me how I can and can't support my family? Who in the hell do the state think they are making paying for sex illegal? These are all personal affairs which they have no business in. Need to mind their own fucking business.

I wouldn't bring communism in to this. Liberalism and communism are both totalitarian. At least with the libertarian way, ideology wouldn't be forced on people.

Of course libertarian ideology will be forced on people, the changes will have to be enforced against the will of people who are against them and there will have to be powers in force to prevent people forming what the paranoid nutters in ultimate control would consider a 'state', either on a national or regional level.

In spite of the political differences, the fanciful idea everyone will muck in and make a lovely land where no-one needs welfare because of all the sunny happy people will help out the poor and homeless with their new charities is certainly a bedfellow of communism, it's just the means of achieving it which is different. The ultimate (and unachievable) aim of communism is that once the utopian society is reached there will be no need for the state any more so it will dismantle. The totalitarian revolutionary government is supposedly only there on a tempory basis until this is reached.

The reality of true libertarianism would be small gated communities of the incredibly rich with private services (especially security), and 90% of the county a chaotic ghetto with no power, water, law or order in permanent state civil war between a threadbare, underfunded police force, corrupt vigilantes and drug gangs. But like I say, there's no point arguing about it because the entire idea of a libertarian Britain is a fantasy.

EDIT: Just to add I've found an alarming number of 'libertarians' who are pro-death penalty. I find it quite strange that these people who supposedly want a minimalist, powerless, skeleton state also want the current (Evill, corrupt, oppressing, all-powerful etc) state to have to power over life and death, placing it in a bucket alongside such freedom loving, hands-off states as China, Iran and Saudia Arabia...

Lefties love using the state to bully people to go along with their ideology. This is why I can't stand them.

Also its seems to me that before it was the same crap but from a far more right wing adgenda from the conservatives. Now you have lefties that push binked OTT attiutdes regards racism (rather than laws/atttiudes to protect all now all you hear time and again is about laws that seem to be completely biased in atttitude and balance against white people (I am NOT racist (it is WRONG) but I feel this the case with the LAW -see positive discrimination) the environment (now im in two minds on this one but hey I know if your a motorist your going to be paying even more to drive, like to smoke and drink as well (like me)? bet you loved the budget! ;) ) and imirgration, now this is not a people issue for me either, its an issue of being far too liberal in our imigaration policies in a country with finate resourses. You should sort out the economy of your own country (and im sorry but YES look after your own first) before letting in new imigrants (we are not fully complete back on feet after 18 yrs of tory rule -were getting there IMO but were not there yet).

There areas of great poverty and unenployment still the UK where high amounts of imigrants have been re populated (or so is my understanding) I dont know how anyone can think this to be a good thing. Its not about the people, its about the circumstance.

I voted labour in 1997 and thought left wing thinking was the only way to think, now I see why its not.

Hi Guys and Girls!

I really need your help. My Dad has started a petition against MPs from employing their family members. And I said I would help spread the word and get people interested.

Basically, whats happening is that members of parliament are employing their own family / relations and paying their family members out of the tax payers money. So we are getting fiddled by our own government. It's for a good cause and I'm just trying to get the message out there for my Dad. So please give the petition a quick sign, it takes less time than reading this does, and its for a good cause!

To sign the petition please Click Here!

________

Big Brother Dicussion

Edited by fex