N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

I don't mind uninstalling/reinstalling too much if it keeps game saves. I haven't had to uninstall anything yet, does it keep the game saves? Still annoying though.

I'm thinking of canceling my special edition pre-order, I mean, I'm a poor student, I shouldn't really be spending an extra £40 on stuff I don't need.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

I don't mind uninstalling/reinstalling too much if it keeps game saves. I haven't had to uninstall anything yet, does it keep the game saves? Still annoying though.

I'm thinking of canceling my special edition pre-order, I mean, I'm a poor student, I shouldn't really be spending an extra £40 on stuff I don't need.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Save files are kept completely separate. You can check on the crossbar. Should be one of the two folders above the game disc.

Yeah, the limited edition is a royal rip off. If you bought all those items separately they would be at least £10 cheaper....still...can't....resist.... :p

jeez these installs are pissing me off only got a 40 gig hard drive...will have to upgrade I think...

As for MGS4 limited edition was tempted but its way too expensive no way can afford that with smash bros to get later in the month as well...

Yer i have only got a 40gig n all. That really will takes ages to install... and i thought dmc4 was bad.

Yer i'm goin for the normal edition, the difference in price would pay for brawl! Thats the way i'm looking at it anyway...

Guest Jordan
Ive just read on eurogamer that if you preorder on GAMEs website you get the bonus dvd that the yanks got.

Yay! Whats on that disc exactly?

Guest Jordan

Intesting... its over a month before its out and the first review is already up?

This year its having its share of great games already...

Yay! Whats on that disc exactly?

From Eurogamer

Meanwhile, those of you who pre-order MGS4 from GAME can expect to be rewarded with a DVD called Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2, featuring a seven-part documentary about the series origins and evolution - the same disc made available for US and Canadian pre-orders.

I've got a 320GB Hard drive as well. Highly recommended.

I preordered the play.com special edition. Unfortunately since its exclusive they arent going to lower the price on it. apparently only 15,000 copies for Europe. Game do the pre order disk only? doesnt say anything on their website...

I loved Metal Gear Online beta. Its very addictive and tactical.

Ive just read on eurogamer that if you preorder on GAMEs website you get the bonus dvd that the yanks got.

ooooh I preordered ages ago from them...have to look up I don't have a clue what the DVD has on it. Any plot catch up stuff? Watched the 1st gametrailers retrospective but I want more lol!

Intesting... its over a month before its out and the first review is already up?

This year its having its share of great games already...

But the game has been "finished" for ages as journalists were all gathered to do a playthrough and play test the game.

Getting a 10/10 isn't quite the same as 10.0 a la IGN/Gamespot's system, but it is a very positive start. Is anyone else worried this game may not live up to the hype? This has to be the most hyped game in history.

I may pre-order a standard edition as well as the special edition then decide just before it's posted which one to cancel. Arg... why so expensive? Why!?

becasue they want to rip you off.

I'm actually very unconvinced by this game. i don't know why but I'm just not that bothered any more- all I expect is waffle cutscenes with average gameplay pulling them together. Nothing special really.

Well I suppose if you're not a fan of the long cut scenes/story (I am :D), and not too bothered into stealth action games (I am :D), then it won't be for you.

From what I've seen it all looks too good to be true! I am very worried though, I'm struggling to belive anything could live up to the previous games.

Well I suppose if you're not a fan of the long cut scenes/story (I am :D), and not too bothered into stealth action games (I am :D), then it won't be for you.

From what I've seen it all looks too good to be true! I am very worried though, I'm struggling to belive anything could live up to the previous games.

I'm not worried. I want to know how the story comes to a close, exactly what's been promised.

I played all the others I'm just not too arsed now. I'm increasingly less tolerant of Kojima's perposterous style- those cutscenes are looking increasingly ridiculous in the face of games like HL2, and the gameplay was never strong enough without that interest. The controls in particular are really, really shit.

I played all the others I'm just not too arsed now. I'm increasingly less tolerant of Kojima's perposterous style- those cutscenes are looking increasingly ridiculous in the face of games like HL2, and the gameplay was never strong enough without that interest. The controls in particular are really, really shit.

Have you played MGO? The new way you control your character/Snake is amazing. Feels so natural, no more fixed cameras or anything.

It's abit like Ghost Recon but much better.