NEurope
Caris

The Calm Before The Storm.

Nice outside isn't it? Bit damp and wet but a decent day overall.

Wait till tonight.

Were meant to have a crazy storm around teatime. Flood warnings everywhere. I heard on the radio that some parts of the county will have the worst winds in nearly 40 years. The government were in emergency meetings yesterday about this, let's see how it turns out.

Discuss.

It's just bad rain here at the moment, and the storm isn't meant to hit my area. I saw that a ship was in danger this morning on GMTV due to the storm and the harsh tide.

Its been windy as hell here all day.. and ive never seen it rain so hard for such a long period of time.... ever.

Pshhh... Come live up here, you'll see what real weather is :p

Where is the storm meant to hit?

The west coast of England, probably other places too.

I barely got any of it up here which sucked. I wanted to be in it, I like going in crazy weather :(

We had some strong winds I think about 70mph at Edinburgh or Glasgow or soemthing, didn't read what it said in the news paper.

I barely got any of it up here which sucked. I wanted to be in it, I like going in crazy weather :(

We had some strong winds I think about 70mph at Edinburgh or Glasgow or soemthing, didn't read what it said in the news paper.

Not in Glasgow at the moment anyway. Been raining on/off all day, but its been like this for upwards of a week now.

Was pretty bad last night in London and was horrible this morning trying to get to work.

Seems to have calmed down now tho. More tonight you say? Great. :(

Today i got completely drenched!

I was up in London and it was a 20 minute walk from Camden back to the lecture hall (on American Civil Rights) and my trousers,socks and shoes got soaked!

My coat was the only part of my top that got wet and it was waterpoof and lovely and warm! :D

It ws fun being out in the rain! Refreshing! :grin:

Also last night it kept me awake!

Been tipping it for about a day now, (35 miles outside london :P)

=(

Sucks to drive in too =[

Last night it lashed it down. Today it was barely a drizzle. Clear sky right now.

Storm? Ha.

From the sounds of it, it's sweeping up from the south, cos as Platty said it was pretty rough round here last night and this morning, but gotten quite calm now. Not seen any much sign of it all since like 3. Rain's rubbish, I want some snow dammit! Or I might go stand in the rain, you know like if you're in the rain for long enough you get used to it and don't feel it anymore? I wanna stand in it like that.

same here! on the way to the library i was carrying a laptop (which is quite heavy) and i a lmost got blown over :(

i hate the wind

same here! on the way to the library i was carrying a laptop (which is quite heavy) and i a lmost got blown over :(

i hate the wind

Probably lucky you had the laptop to weigh you down! XD