N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Daft

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i registered mine straight away

can you do that? will the retail game realise that its has DLC?

EDIT;

Sony plans to turn beta into public demo;

Everyone is going absolutely nuts over the LittleBigPlanet beta, as multiple gaming sites all over the Internet are giving away thousands of access codes. But you may not have to get lucky if you wish to play the game before its October 21 release date...

According to reliable inside information delivered by a reader, it seems Sony plans to open up the beta testing during the final week to give everyone a shot at it. Essentially, they produce the closed beta to generate hype and interest, and then open it up to the public in the form of a playable demo a week before the game launches. The tipster in question posted the following in the Blu-Ray.com forums-

"If you don't get in, don't worry. They are supposed to be opening up the public beta for the final week. Last I heard they were still planning on doing so, this closed beta is just there to generate a bit (a lot) of hype for the game before it releases. Basically they are talking about turning the limited time closed beta into a demo for the week before launch. It is easier to do this than to release a demo."

This info evidently comes straight from SCEE, and if that's true, there's no denying its validity. The concept makes perfect sense to us, too, so we're going to say we're about 95% certain this rumor will be proven correct very soon. For now, we have to say its unconfirmed, but we're definitely leaning towards "truth" rather than bogus. Thanks to our loyal reader for letting us in on the details; we agreed to keep this quiet for a while to keep the beta hype high, but now that hype is un-killable. So we figure it's safe to tell ya about this now.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3861.html

I want your babies.

THANK YOU!!!!!! :yay:

(Lucky I registered on FilePlanet about 4 years ago. :heh:)

Oh did their plan for the public beta forming the content for day one fall by the way side...

http://kotaku.com/5055587/lbp-beta-levels-wont-work-in-finished-game

Not sure if anyone has read this. It's old but I thought some people might have missed it.

The beta is going public so it doesn't matter too much but it's still a bit annoying but then that's because the game is so good. I just want to start making levels!! :heh:

Apparently, the second phase of keys are being released today at 7pm. Hopefully it will be another couple of thousand so if your there on the dot, you should get one.

Is that 7pm our time? I finish work at 6.30 tonight, so should be home on time *fingers crossed*

Is that 7pm our time? I finish work at 6.30 tonight, so should be home on time *fingers crossed*

The guy who posted it did not say, he just said 7pm.

Justin from IGN has just said this:

Hey guys: Justin from IGN here. Sorry about the confusion with PDT times. As Alex's story says the keys are being distributed in three batches, so the first one was yesterday evening, second will be this evening, third tomorrow evening. All UK time. Good luck!