N-Europe

Tales Of Vesperia

Fruitgun

how do u make a JPN PSN account?

Theres a guide on Neogaf - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14868403

Was Patty Fleur with them at that point?

Though I expect her to appear when they get on Ragou's escape boat, her rescuing them instead of Flynn when it burns down out at sea.

Well it's all in Japanese so I don't know who's who, but there was a cutscene where a girl with pony tails shoots an enemy and tries to look cool.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried gaining a few levels but it didn't seem to work much...

I try having Rita cast fireball on the lamps but they don't seem to stay lit for long... Destruction Field sounds alright, but I think the uppercut move would be better, as it [sometimes annoyingly*] sets them out of commission, whereas Destruction Field doesn't do that as much.

I have a dodgy plan when they cut the lights, to have Rita cast fire on them, whilst I switch back and forth uppercutting them so they can't do anything. I haven't tried it yet but when they're both around I can get them down to about 30000.

*Especially when you're trying to launch a combo and it won't let you land an attack.

I'm not sure if you followed my point exactly...

I meant use destruction field on the lamps - it's a fire elemental attack.

Yes I got frustrated and scoured some forum I got off Google, I later realized what point you were going for. Have since shat on her.

EDIT: I've just realised I've been doing something so fucking stupid. I thought when my Skills were turned on they were turned off.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Alexei was a pain. His mystic artes is devastating as hell. Got beaten up quite a lot. During the fight which I won he used it only once...guess I lucked out.

Anybody know if the Sephira and Blue Sephira add up?

I actually did that fight first time and completed the secret mission, was pretty close once or twice to getting beaten though. Fights like this were the reason why I was missing Estelle on my team.

Tried the demo but I guess my TV is too crap and it comes out black and white.

It felt weird having normal attacks on circle and special attacks on X. Also is there a way to jump?

X and O are reversed on most Japanese games.

In previous Tales games pressing Up normally makes you jump.

Tried the demo but I guess my TV is too crap and it comes out black and white.

It felt weird having normal attacks on circle and special attacks on X. Also is there a way to jump?

Is this the PS3 demo? If it's the same as the full 360 version you can change the button configuration: Menu -> Save & Load -> Change settings -> Button Configuration.

And yes, up = jump (in battle, at least).

Alexei was a pain. His mystic artes is devastating as hell. Got beaten up quite a lot. During the fight which I won he used it only once...guess I lucked out.

Anybody know if the Sephira and Blue Sephira add up?

Yes, but they need to be in the active battle party. Same with Dice and Blue Dice.

Anyone got any tips for the boss in the Blade Drifts? Karol is wank.

EDIT: Nevermind, done.

I am a little confused though, why do they say Secret Mission Complete after killing bosses which you have to go through?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I am a little confused though, why do they say Secret Mission Complete after killing bosses which you have to go through?
You get that for fulfilling a specific 'secret' objective during a boss battle (which is different for each battle). For example, in the first battle with Zagi, don't let him hit Estelle at all. There's a guide to all of them over at GameFAQs

You get that for fulfilling a specific 'secret' objective during a boss battle (which is different for each battle). For example, in the first battle with Zagi, don't let him hit Estelle at all. There's a guide to all of them over at GameFAQs

Strange, in my first fight with Zagi Estelle took damage from Zagi, just not a combo.

Strange, in my first fight with Zagi Estelle took damage from Zagi, just not a combo.

I'm taking this from one of the FAQs over on GameFAQs:

SECRET MISSION 1

BOSS: Zagi

Protect Estelle. She needs to receive minimal to no damage during this

battle in this battle against Zagi. Keep him entertained and away from

Estelle and you will have no problem.

So "minimal" damage may also be okay for this, though I don't know exactly what counts as "minimal".