NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

I don't see myself beating Duke's bonus 3rd form. He's at a higher level than my characters and he takes less damage then before, used up all my life bottles in a few minutes and got his health down by 1/5 at best.

£24.99? Nice price...hope it stays at that price until pay day (Tuesday)! >_<

I don't see myself beating Duke's bonus 3rd form. He's at a higher level than my characters and he takes less damage then before, used up all my life bottles in a few minutes and got his health down by 1/5 at best.

You can't skip him once activated...

Mess around with your skills and equip something that might be useful. It's been a while since I played it so I can't tell you what, but you shouldn't go in with random skills. At least activate the one that sometimes ressurects the characters so you won't waste so many life bottles. Use steal on the third form to get Yuri's best weapon or you can make it. I think I beat him in the mid 70s.

WTF! Just payed £32.99 for this when Gameplay had it in stock last week! Dammit.....typical eh? Always happens I guess..:red::heh:

Anyways, so far played three hours of this game and I am enjoying it....but I'm not being sucked in like I was with TOS. I can only play 45mins worth in one session and then start getting bored. At times, I don't even feel like playing it.....which is absolute bollocks considering uni doesn't start till 5th oct! I got soooo much time! lol

WTF! Just payed £32.99 for this when Gameplay had it in stock last week! Dammit.....typical eh? Always happens I guess..:red::heh:

Anyways, so far played three hours of this game and I am enjoying it....but I'm not being sucked in like I was with TOS. I can only play 45mins worth in one session and then start getting bored. At times, I don't even feel like playing it.....which is absolute bollocks considering uni doesn't start till 5th oct! I got soooo much time! lol

It gets better - the start is a little slow. Where are you up to so far?

It gets better - the start is a little slow. Where are you up to so far?

Its actually picking up a bit now....in that port town, having got onto that bad guy's ship lol (sorry for the vague description!). Since my last post in this thread, I have played around 3-4 hours more, clocking in at 7hours playtime altogether.

Finished at last :D took 46 hours finished on level 58

sent back to lovefilm now

when went back to menu then i noticed "ex new game" is anything different in that mode?

Finished at last :D took 46 hours finished on level 58

sent back to lovefilm now

when went back to menu then i noticed "ex new game" is anything different in that mode?

It's basically playing again with perks that you purchase with your grade you earned in the previous playthrough. Such as Double exp from battles and regain all a select characters abilities or all of them for a discount price.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

24 hours in. At this place called baction now. Level 39. Its good but if I'm being honest, I don't think I'm enjoying RPG's as much as I used to when I was younger.

Japanese gamers suckered into geting the 360 for this game have started a petition against the PS3 version for having so much more extra content than the 360 version which they feel nothing more than a beta test

http://play.tm/news/26539/japanese-vesperia-players-angry-over-ps3-version/.

Silly really I feel. Since Vesperia was a great game on the 360. Also the fact blue ray has 5 times more storage space.

EDIT: Some trophy info revealed, thugh I can't vauge for credability of the source:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/forum/ps3-trophies-blu-ray-games/tales-of-vesperia-trophies/

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Bumpage...

Just completed the main story last night, clocking up..... wait for it.... 97 hours! Did loads of sidequests, collecting titles, skills, artes, etc. Gonna do the coliseum and post game dungeon at some point in the near future.

Fantastic game though, loved it. Played the final boss on hard and almost beat the third from (got him down to 100,000), I then tried on normal and somehow did even worse, ended up completing it on easy :heh:

I think I actually preferred it to Symphonia, high praise indeed!

Japanese gamers suckered into geting the 360 for this game have started a petition against the PS3 version for having so much more extra content than the 360 version which they feel nothing more than a beta test

http://play.tm/news/26539/japanese-vesperia-players-angry-over-ps3-version/.

the solution of course for japanese gamers is to acquire a taste in western games and try to enjoy games that WERN'T made in their own country.

I'd love if this made it over to Europe.

So Vesperia got added to the Xbox Live Games on Demand for £19.99. Considering how hard it is to get hold of, it's a good chance for people who missed out to get it.

Also: FUNImation have acquired the rights for the anime:

addtl rights to Fractale and Freezing and acquisition of Tales of Vesperia

Hopefully someone like Manga Entertainment will distribute it for the UK, or we can at least import the DVD.

Also: FUNImation have acquired the rights for the anime:

Hopefully someone like Manga Entertainment will distribute it for the UK, or we can at least import the DVD.

It's a great movie, look forward to picking it up.

I've had this game sitting on my shelf for well over a year now and thought it was about time I finally started it, so yesterday I did just that.

I've only put about 7 hours into it but i'm really enjoying it so far. I especially like what i'm seeing from the skits and other cutscenes. Yuri's banter with Karol is hilarious and just what was Rita hiding in her drawers? :D The combat is the same as always but then that was expected.

Looking at the achievements it seems, like most RPG's on the 360, it will take a while to get all of them. I see Tales has got the full 1000 out of the game, big respect, it must have taken quite a while seeing as you need to do multiple playthroughs. I'm only planning one playthrough at the moment as Xenoblade arrives shortly, although if there's time I may manage two.

Been a while since I played it, but I think there's 100 hour achievement so you would have to play that long at least. I always do multiple playthrough with Tales of-games so it was no problem. I remember I was the quickest one in the world for quite a while after the release on my speed playthrough :)

I'm getting my butt handed to me by Gattuso. Trying to do the secret mission, while at the same time trying not to use items ( going for Item Hater ) makes this battle a nightmare. After reading G-Faqs I feel a little better as it seems many people had a problem with this boss. My team is at level 16 but I may pop out of the forest for a bit of levelling up.

I just bought this game for £16.50 and the price alone is stunning enough, let alone the game! I rented it last year and put a couple of hours in to it but I can't wait to really get in to this.