NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Well, in your instructions for example, there's no mention of motions bars cutting the screen, so I am to assume your instructions:

Freeloader In

Freeloader Out

imply that either these don't exist on your version, or you're meant to take the freeloader in and out before this happens.

EVERYONE LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Well, in your instructions for example, there's no mention of motions bars cutting the screen, so I am to assume your instructions:

Freeloader In

Freeloader Out

imply that either these don't exist on your version, or you're meant to take the freeloader in and out before this happens.

Maybe Youtube it. That should then make sure you are doing things correctly. And it will be as detailed as you need it (providing you pause it).

In the first post of this thread there is a video. Watch and learn and keep repeating.

Freeloader and Brawl ordered from 365Games with Next Day delivery. £6 is more than i wanted to pay for delivery, but im not certain it would make it this week even with 1st Class postage. Assuming 365 have enough stock then there's still the combo of it being both a busy and a very short postal week.

Im gettin my Wii on Tuesday, staff discount is going up to 20%! Wii for £144 :D

The instructions on the first post read:

1. Turn on Wii, insert Wiiloader. ‘Bars’ roll across.

2. Eject Wiiloader.

3. RE-INSERT Wiiloader disc, ‘bars’ roll twice once more.

4. Eject Wiiloader once more.

5. Insert Brawl disc. Allow it to update Wii, once done, turnoff/reset Wii.

6. Insert Wiiloader, Bars roll.

7. Insert Brawl and have an experience you will never forget.

Well, everything's fine up to 5, where we get to 'Allow it to update Wii'. I'm just curious as to how you know it's started/finished doing so. Should I be leaving my Wii on longer after inserting Brawl and wait until an 'Update complete' message appears?

Maybe they'll take the hint that if we keep getting screwed over, we won't buy European games.

Wow, now its Europeans boycotting European goods...Economic slump INCOMING!

Can someone tell me Brawl is rubbish please, because everyday it's getting harder and harder to resist buying a Wii.

Stay strong Caris! You can do it!

Resistance is futile.

This man speaks truth. I gave in. I am weak :(

The instructions on the first post read:

Well, everything's fine up to 5, where we get to 'Allow it to update Wii'. I'm just curious as to how you know it's started/finished doing so. Should I be leaving my Wii on longer after inserting Brawl and wait until an 'Update complete' message appears?

Have you started Brawl to get update message?

Have you started Brawl to get update message?

I'm not sure that was a real sentence, but if I understand correctly you want me to start up Brawl? When I try to do that it just says it can't read the disc. Presumably you CAN'T start Brawl until you've got the update, so I can't start Brawl to GET the update, that's a paradox.

I'm not sure that was a real sentence, but if I understand correctly you want me to start up Brawl? When I try to do that it just says it can't read the disc. Presumably you CAN'T start Brawl until you've got the update, so I can't start Brawl to GET the update, that's a paradox.

does it look like this ?

wiierror.jpg

Ah well done, good thing you assumed you had to start Brawl cause me saying 'started Brawl' might not of given out that impression : peace:

How's this for detailed instructions? If i'm lacking by all means assume and say so.

1)Press Power on

2)Press the A button on the Wii-mote to get to the 'dash board'

3)Insert the Freeloader

4)Watch the screen stretch

5)Eject disc

6)Insert in again

7)Watch screen stretch

8)Take out Freeloader by pressing that handy eject button

9)Put in Brawl

10)Wait for Brawl to load and can be seen if it's ready by watching top left window

11)Click on window

12)Press start

13)Asks for update

14)Accept update

15)Turn off Wii

16)Turn on Wii

17)Take it Brawl

18)Insert Freeloader

19)Watch screen stretch

20)Take out Freeloader

21)Put in Brawl

22)Start it up

23)Play

So something is causing you not to do all this? Detailed enough?

No, it's the usual thing it says if you were to, say, put a DVD in. It just can't read it, no errors.

Now I'm confused, does this update happen automatically after Brawl is inserted? Are you prompted? Do you have to try to run Brawl after the Wiiloader has been entered twice?

EDIT: Going to try instruction above.

maybe it is the problem with the brawl disc that has been reported.. This is not due to freeloader.. but some problem with the brawl disc. Nintendo have said people need to return their wiis for cleaning to fix thiss .. google it.

The official Press Release from Nintendo goes as follows :

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem. (Please do NOT attempt to clean the lens yourself, as you may damage the system.)"

I'm sure nintendo of europe will help you "when" brawl comes out in Europe or some other double layered disk

No, it's the usual thing it says if you were to, say, put a DVD in. It just can't read it, no errors.

Now I'm confused, does this update happen automatically after Brawl is inserted? Are you prompted? Do you have to try to run Brawl after the Wiiloader has been entered twice?

I'm getting conflicting instructions, and I have a feeling that Shadow V7's first and most recent replies to me were just to dick with me.

Update only happens when you start and load Brawl for the first time like when your loading any other Wii game after Freeloader has been inserted twice. If that doesn't work then you might have a disc/Wii problem.

Well, step 10, and Brawl's been in the Wii for 12 minutes, there's been no window change. I'm guessing VGP just sent out a duff product.

Well, step 10, and Brawl's been in the Wii for 12 minutes, there's been no window change. I'm guessing VGP just sent out a duff product.

Hi, sorry the instructions in the first post weren't detailed enough, they were quoted from what I wrote(though i don't own the wiiloader yet) and I assumed people would understand or know of the brawl update on the disc. Basically, discs can carry firmware upgrades, you'll know because when you try to start the game, it tells you, I didn't think there'd be much room for other possibilities. However, it seems to not be recognising your disc at all, and it may be a problem with the freeloader, or the procedure. Just to reclarify Shadow's instructions, when you put the Wiiloader in, the 'bars'(more of a smudge from right to left across the screen) roll across right to left once and return, then once more, for a total of two times. The wii menu then looks like normal, at which point you remove the freeloader. Of course, in the case of brawl and installing the update, you must put the wiiloader back in for this to happen again('bars' roll across and back twice), THEN put brawl in, and try and start it in the disc channel. The Start button may say Update instead of Start.

If even after this it still doesn't work, contact the people you bought it from. It could be a faulty freeloader, a faulty Brawl, or at worst, you might have a faulty Wii that can't even register Brawl(though I imagine it's unlikely, as the dual layer reading shouldn't be needed for the inital disc info read, but I also don't know the technical specifics).

Freeloader and Brawl ordered from 365Games with Next Day delivery. £6 is more than i wanted to pay for delivery, but im not certain it would make it this week even with 1st Class postage. Assuming 365 have enough stock then there's still the combo of it being both a busy and a very short postal week.

Im gettin my Wii on Tuesday, staff discount is going up to 20%! Wii for £144 :D

Thanks for the site, didnt know it even egzisted

Just ordered brawl & freeloader

Hopefully get it on Tue : peace:

Thanks for the site, didnt know it even egzisted

Just ordered brawl & freeloader

Hopefully get it on Tue : peace:

Wishing I'd used their £6 next-day delivery now. :indeed: Sent on Friday...May see it Monday.

This man speaks truth. I gave in. I am weak :(

I'm also weak. I planned to wait out with the rest of Europe, but temptation gnawed away at my mind like a hyperactive beaver.

1) That's LESS detailed.

2) Wrong.

Doubt it's anything to do with VGP. More likely as Blender said, a very small percentage of Wii's can't read dual layer discs and need to be cleaned by the Wii. They reckon this is caused by dust and cigarette smoke - could that be the problem?

A random little thing that I tried out you don't actually have to be on the wii menu when you insert the freeloader i've inserted it on the start up screen where its waiting for you to press A. I've also done it mid load as the wii channels screen is half way appearing and it all works fine.

I'm also weak. I planned to wait out with the rest of Europe, but temptation gnawed away at my mind like a hyperactive beaver.
You are not weak, you are clever, and a dedicated Smasher.

So you took my advice on Gameseek, that's a first for me. Mine came 2 days after order. Ordered late on wednesday, came early friday.

I'd rather most people imported and Smash had lower than expected European sales, just to make Nintendo think about release dates a bit. Will never happen though.