NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

You're joking me! So it's pretty useless already?

I guess I better finish No More Heroes and get some playtime out of Smash before I update again! Prob with Mario Kart!!!

Come on datel sort it out!

That looks great, we'll see about sticking it on the site. ;)

Excellent :) That would be nice.

Maybe an editors note at the end about recent firmware in the US blocking Freeloader added at the bottom though?

I'd be more than willing to write anything. I'm just unsure about who to send revews/editorials to. I have a fair few written.

Well, this was inevitable, wasn't it? I'm not going to avoid updating my Wii ever again just because of Brawl, but perhaps I won't update again until it gets a PAL release. If that means I can't play Mario Kart until then, though, I'll be annoyed. Let's hope Datel sort out a new Freeloader soon.

It's just extremely irritating that you can't copy Brawl saves to an SD card, so we won't be able to download complete save files if we have to re-buy Brawl.

im a huge nintendo fan, ive spent thousands over the years, why do they treat us like crap, we only want to play brawl we are not harming anyone, almost every one will be re buying the pal version anyway,they delays the game for god knows how long then plan to punish those nintendo fans who simply want to play it sooner, , why oh why are they so harsh with these updates!!!!!!!

i wont be updating my pal wiii for a while,

lol, i was expecting this...

Soon enough, the Freeloader will be useless, even for Brawl :'(

I'm curious why it's America only though. They could easily of sent it every where else but they didn't. I'm gonna wait for a bit and see if Nintendo even does anything in Japan/Europe.

I dont really care about the update. Providing an update is not required to play on mario kart ( which I dont plan on getting for a few months anyway) I have no reason to update my console

I'm curious why it's America only though. They could easily of sent it every where else but they didn't. I'm gonna wait for a bit and see if Nintendo even does anything in Japan/Europe.

Probably due to Easter. Don't worry, we'll get our virtual anal rape from Nintendo soon enough.

I suppose this was inevitable but it's still f'ing annoying.

I haven't even completed my first season on MLB Power Pros yet , and NMH is probably due on Tuesday (looks like I have to play the PAL version afterall).

I was already getting concerned that MK Wii may have an update that knackers the Freeloader but perhaps that is going to happen sooner now.

I don't know if I can be bothered to continually try to avoid updates but liking US sports as much as I do , PAL versions are never going to hit these shores.

Why oh why , in this day and age do Nintendo still insist on region-coding.

Thank f00k WiiConnect24 doesn't do what it's supposed to do :indeed:

When I was thinking about this earlier, I came to the same conclusion. :heh:

Still waiting for Brawl.

I just won't be updating the Wii in a while I guess. Won't be too much of a problem since I rarely use it anyway, and the only game I plan on buying (I think, can't think of any others) is MK. Which I probably won't buy till the summer anyway (if at all).

I really am not bothered by the update. I can happily wait for WiiWare, Wii Fit and Mario Kart. I mean, I don't even know if I'm going to get any thing off WiiWare or either of the games. Meanwhile I'll enjoy myself on Brawl.

im a huge nintendo fan, ive spent thousands over the years, why do they treat us like crap, we only want to play brawl we are not harming anyone, almost every one will be re buying the pal version anyway,they delays the game for god knows how long then plan to punish those nintendo fans who simply want to play it sooner, , why oh why are they so harsh with these updates!!!!!!!

i wont be updating my pal wiii for a while,

But its not just them who try to limit what we play and where we get it from so do not blame just Nintendo, look at Sony with limiting companies to shift stuff around the world

I dont really care about the update. Providing an update is not required to play on mario kart ( which I dont plan on getting for a few months anyway) I have no reason to update my console

I think you'll find that Mario Kart may well enforce an update for online play largely due to the stats channel..

I personally think its bogus. Come one don’t believe everything that is on a Wikipedia sort of site. Its probably someone who was in for a good laughter.

I haven’t seen a single report on forums by someone that his freeloader isn’t working anymore. And the same goes for youtube.

Its a real shame that new sites such as n-Europe are reporting things from a Wikipedia sort of site. And some sites literally copied the thing from wiibrew(http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37).

I wonder what Datels reaction will be. Give everyone a free copy of a new version... They can't expect people to keep buying new versions after every week.

Datel are under no obligation to do anything at all, and I wouldnt expect anything from them. It clearly states in the manuals they cannot guarentee it will work after future Firmware updates. Datel clearly knew this was the right time to cash in on the Brawl/Mario Kart/Wii Fit hype, and consumers were simply hoping for a little more time before any updates.

This was inevitable.

I personally think its bogus. Come one don’t believe everything that is on a Wikipedia sort of site. Its probably someone who was in for a good laughter.

I haven’t seen a single report on forums by someone that his freeloader isn’t working anymore. And the same goes for youtube.

Why would americans, or anyone owning an american Wii need freeloader anyways. The thing came out around about the same time as the american version of Brawl, and I can't really think of anything other than NMH and Brawl that is worth getting the freeloader for. They also have the best version of NMH so you can scrap that off the already small list.

even though its cruel, this news makes me feel a little better for waiting for the EU release.

still think its bogus. there would be at least 1 american person who would report it on the internet and not wiki pedia.

But if true i'm glad i only imported no more heroes and not SSBB:yay: than i would seriously pissed.

within the next 12 weeks theyll proberly release a version 2 freeloader anyway

within the next 12 weeks theyll proberly release a version 2 freeloader anyway

That you may possibly have to buy, only for it to get blocked again. Geez no console in this generation is free of some major drawback. Nintendo have their horrible policies. Sony just have a lack of quality games (at the moment) and Microsoft have console hardware issues ruining the machines image.

Well my Wii just downloaded an update, if it's the freeloader killer I don't know since I don't have it.

Well my Wii just downloaded an update, if it's the freeloader killer I don't know since I don't have it.

This update doesn't kill the freeloader, but looking at its code, with the next MENU update it might kill it. Right now, it doesn't do shit.

That you may possibly have to buy, only for it to get blocked again. Geez no console in this generation is free of some major drawback. Nintendo have their horrible policies. Sony just have a lack of quality games (at the moment) and Microsoft have console hardware issues ruining the machines image.

Datel have stated that they will replace the Freeloader free of charge.