NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

still think its bogus. there would be at least 1 american person who would report it on the internet and not wiki pedia.
Nonsense. This update not only blocks the FreeLoader, but a lot of other (illegal) stuff as well, and the site is a pretty lively group to which this is a big problem. This site is not updated for the lolz, and even if it was wrong, it would've been corrected by now.

The only illegal things this blocks are some other region backups, same region copies can still be played, so it won't do much.

The wiki is authentic and wrote by teh guys who hack the Wii, they know what they're saying. Basically this Shop update does nothing, but by reading what it does, the code in it implies that the next Menu Update will block Trucha signed discs, which are basically games that had to be altered somewhat intensively and they had to sign it so that the Wii would read it. So, this will mostly affect those who don't want to wait months for PAL releases, pirates who don't care about that will still be able to play most games if they are NTSC.

So, mainly this update is to fuck Europeans in the ass even more.

Regarding Mario Kart update:

I just want to mention that the FreeLoader also states that you should use the alternative update method in such a case (also for games from your own coutnry) to ensure that the FreeLoader will continue to work.

Probably becasue it only updates necessary parts or something like this and want to such updates that blocks the FreeLoader itself (though I don't know how exactly they would do this but maybe they are storing the update just somewhere on the memory and those parts then get loaded from there by the game, except then really updating the Firmware - or whatsoever).

Or you could also use the none update at all method with the FreeLoader - however it only states you need the alternative update method.

EDIT:

Also from what I read it only got prepared but not released yet..?

Just wondering, shouldn't you be able to use the Freeloader on a PAL Mario Kart Wii, so that it doesn't install the otherwise forced update (like the FL stops NTSC Brawl's update), and keep on using the Freeloader on Mario Kart and Brawl without an update?

@DCK:

Probably it will require the update to run correctly (if not of course that should work), e.g. online gaming or stats or whatsoever...

HOWEVER, you should be able to use the alternative, selective update method as I mentioned one post above yours which will let it install updates but that way it should not have any influence on the FreeLoader (the FreeLoader should keep working that way), as it seems to selectively install updates or something like this (according to the included booklet in the FreeLoader).

That using the alternative, selective update method on games that require updates should be used also on games from the own region to ensure the FreeLoader will continue to work is especially mentioned under the alternative, selected update point in the booklet.

And after you did the update that way, you wouldn't need to use the FreeLoader again until for Mario Kart (if it is the PAL copy).

It should be fine that way. Probably it won't install such not required updates like from e.g. v3.2E to v3.3E or something like this (especially as this would be problematic with US Firmwares, as you then would update from e.g. 3.0E to 3.1U or something like this).

We should already be alright for Mario Kart and Wii Fit as an update released a while ago was in preparation for the game specific channels. As for WiiWare thats what the shop channel update was for so we're all fine there.

Also what is this I keep reading about Nintendo being the only console with region coding. I don't know about the PS3 but the 360 has region coding on pretty much all of the games. Strangely though Microsoft normally don't bother region coding thier published games

scrolls down on the wiibrew------> sees this :

Happy april fools, guys ;)

If this is really an early april fools joke i'm happy. good one:awesome: :bowdown:

If this is really an early april fools joke i'm happy. good one:awesome: :bowdown:

Where does it say that? I don't see it.

That's interesting the april fools part only seems to be there by using Internet Explorer. I can't see it with FireFox e.g. but with Internet Explorer it is there.

I don't know why it only appears by using the Internet Explorer but it can have various reasons...

Why is there April Fools all of a sudden when it's not April. I mean yea I had my doubts about this whole thing and all, but why April Fools so early >_<

Makes sense if it is one though. Updates are normally world wide.

Nice going, editing the wiki to make us believe it was bogus :nono:

Or, they used a IE-layout exploit to give us that message. I don't know what to think now.

@DCK

i did not update the page, i only inform you people, do you think I’m so pitiful

to update the page just to mislead you guys. I would never do that.:(:shakehead

1206302123-170.jpg

@ghost zero

edited it:D

@DCK:

From what I can tell THAT part where THAT sentence is, is not editable...

Also doesn't normally someone need to abrove changes on Wiki too. From what I know the author needs to approve the changes or something like this...

Also from what I can tell that part gets added over the .php file AND not over the html code itself (otherwise I would be able to find it in the source code of the Opera and FireFox pages as well).

@marcel:

You are a bit too high to have that sentence in the picture :)

@ShadowV7:

I wonder about that too. It is way too early for it OR did they mean to let it be there for until the 1st April is over. Would make some sense as probably not many would fall for that fool if it would have got released on the 1st April.

Dunno what to think either. I don't believe this April fools thing cause it's not April, but i'm not 100% bought on that update in America either.

March 23rd, nice.

The only thing I can tell is that the "april fools" part is not in the HTML part itself - I mean regarding the toggle that it only displays this message on IE (on the IE it is always there and on FireFox and probably others it is never there - I mean in the HTML part; it should be there in FireFox too but just not displayed but it isn't anywhere in the source code).

So someone would have needed to hack the page to add that part directly to the .php code.

Here is what I meant by HTML code differences....

If it would only get edit by javascript you would not see those code differences. It either would be there in both cases or not there in both cases BUT not like this.

It is still strange though...

EDIT:

Is it just me or did there get something else added (however this time in FireFox as well)?

To sum all this up, the update will NOT break anything. There is no reason not to upgrade.

I'm absolutly sure this site is BS, no one except the wiibrew had confirmed that freeloader will be blocked ( and a view game sites who copy pasted)

I've just heard about it, but still not seen any confirmation. I still don't really believe it.

What don't you believe that it is an april's fool or the news itself?

Currently, I am not completely sure what is correct. However, regarding the HTML Code I doubt that it was a modification from another user then the WiiBrew team itself.

However, I am still not completely sure.

Btw.: Who edited the n-europe.com news regarding this?

What don't you believe that it is an april's fool or the news itself?

Currently, I am not completely sure what is correct. However, regarding the HTML Code I doubt that it was a modification from another user then the WiiBrew team itself.

However, I am still not completely sure.

Btw.: Who edited the n-europe.com news regarding this?

the news itself is what i dont believe.

I don't believe the news much since I haven't seen confirmation and I don't believe the April Fools thing since it's still March.

@marcel:

I meant ShadowV7 this time :)

My fault for not putting a @ShadowV7 before...

EDIT:

Yeah, well both things are kinda strange BUT currently I believe the April's fool more...

The news author of n-europe though seems to definitally believe in the April's fool part or did he get an e-mail?

EDIT2:

OK.

I just looked at the Wiki history and regarding that history.

According to that the April fools part is vandalism and has been undone again.

But what is true though is that even in the US the IOS37 update is not active yet. It is just possible that it might get added through the next update and was prepared beforehand.

That would explain why there is no news about not working FreeLoaders though as that update is not active yet and just prepared, however that would be strange itself (if you ask me)...