N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

I'm interested if the firmware update on the Brawl disc is neccessary to play Brawl, and if it is, it's going to be one for US systems. In that, isn't there a possibility for changing settings on the Wii, such as which region it believes to be yours, which may make the online not work, maybe make the online route to american servers(if the disc doesn't do that itself), may allow you to get american titles on the VC?

Even so, I'm starting to think more and more that it could be some pretty risky territory using a freeloader, so I'm definitely giving it at least 2 weeks to see if any kinks crop up.

EDIT: Daymn, reading that other forum, apparently there's problems with Brawl just due to laser issues and it being the first dual layer! Gotta suck, how comes we haven't heard of this before, or of it happening in Japan?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your worrying to much here :heh:

It's not really necessary, we all pretty much have the firmware needed to play Brawl anyway and you bypass the selection for the update anyway, and since we alreaday have the update, it might not bother asking to update anyway. It won't re-route your Wii, it only connects to the US severs, but if you update your Wii, it'll either brick it or do nothing (CJ said on maxconsole he updated it or something and he never got prompted for the update and his "dashboard" didn't change).

We'll know all the facts soon enough. It's gonna be so fun seeing waves of people moaning it's not working when their doing something wrong :heh:

Help is at hand folks!

From that other forum, and for anyone who would like it, I present the hefty Wiiloader manual. All 2 pages of it;

n154io.jpg

28s4vbc.jpg

Notice the disclaimer of no guarantee from Datel, and the suggestion to forever use it so that no discs can update your wii. In fact, it basically says never to update your wii ever again lest it doesn't work, so what happened to all that firmware proof malarky earlier in the thread?

When the GC Freeloader was doing the rounds , I remember seeing a few websites that confirmed compatability with assorted games.

Once people on here start receiving the freeloader and testing it , I wonder if it would be worth organising a seperate thread on here which would serve the same purpose as it would save the same questions popping up and it could be very useful as a quick reference guide for potential importers.

What if Brawl and Wii-loader arrive and the danm Brawl disk won't read because you're wii is too dusty?. I can't see Nintendo having an interest in fixing it as Brawl aint out in Europe. (This may even delay our release)!

With all the hoo-ha going on, I'm going to just twiddle my thumbs with Wii Fit and Mario Kart. (Not to mention pro evo, no more heroes and, currently, Bully). Plenty to tide me over then.

I'd recommend dusting your wii (literally).

Mr Sheen could save the day if that dual-layered disk refuses to run.

That would have to wait till the end of the week as well. :p But I have it set up in an open space which is well ventilated and noone from my family smokes so it should be okay.