NEurope
Domo Kun

Feminism

Of course, "true feminists" do that, but most of them aren't, so it's really a moot point isn't it? Look at my sister, has a son, was manager of one of the best restaurants in the country and is now very successfully working on a bank, all this, while starting a family and not even married either legally or by the church. Seems pretty much the same a man can expect.

This "what should be" and "what is" is a ... relative side to the subject.

Feminism should be good thing, and true feminism is. However the fact remains that men and women are different, so though equality (or something closely approximating it) may indeed be possible, equivalence is not. This is a good thing - who would truly desire a world where one of the most fundamental aspects of our nature is ignored?

Had a brief look at the 'waves' of Feminism, and how it affected language alone, last semester.

Large problem with 'feminism' (with a little F, for some sort of clarity's sake) is how it is rather linked with Political Correctness. When it veers into this territory, I tend to think "well what about all the other forms of inequality - class, creed, colour, height, weight, hair colour, hair length, number of limbs -- whatever. The overwhelming amount of 'unfair' catagorizations and situations; restrictions and stereotypes that actually exist in the world just batters me into a state of utter apathy for it all!

Superficiality is what I'm drawn to think of. In the sense of the naivité of ever believing anything can be black and white.

But then - if there weren't groups of people trying to raise political/social awareness of such inequality, then serious problems would never be resolved... So in the interests of the greater good, Feminism is pretty much permenantly filed under "things I just don't care about" :)

Just remembered the stupidest thing that feminists here have gotten legislated.

If a man and a woman apply for the job and both of them are equally qualified the employ has to hire the woman over them. IT´S THE LAW

The best part? The people behind this called it a great achievement in gender equality...

I'm firmly in the equality ftw camp- so long as people accept that the two sexes are not the same and any attempt to make them seem so is doomed to fail. It's all about equal opportunity, not trying to make everyone a sexless drone.

radical fuckwits piss me off more than I'm capable of expressing. Shit like 'all sex is rape' just makes me want to cave someone's head in with a breeze block.

This is a worldwide problem. You only see what the western world is like, which isn't perfect to say the least, but what about women in Thailand being trafficked into prostitution? Daughters simply sold out as sex-slaves for money, because a women couldn't possibly make an honourable buck out there?

Feminists are fighting for worldwide equality, and there's an awful long way to go if you think men and women are equal.

I'm all for equality and all that jazz, but I feel men get raw deals by the courts on issues such as divorce settlements especially where children are concerned.

On a lot of occasions women seem to have the sympathy vote as well, so if a woman you've never even seen before came out and claimed you raped her, please expect some form of jail/custody time. Women have a great degree of power in todays world.

I'm all up with equal rights for women, but ones that want greater rights than men is a joke.

Women infact have greater rights than men in some areas already...

If a man and a woman apply for the job and both of them are equally qualified the employ has to hire the woman over them. IT´S THE LAW

-30 respect points from Iceland.

Good thing we don't have that here...

Rights are more or less equal on both sides.

Men and Women ARE different, but should be treated the same.

I dont think its fair that mens insurance is so much higher to buy, but i think its unfair how some women get paid less than men..

But on the other hand, if it came down to who got paid more in a laborer job.

If a man could lift 20X, and a women could only lift 15X who should be paid more?

that's different though. Equal pay for equal ability is the key.

Aye, that's the point - for exactly the same work for the same efficiency, women still frequently receive less money than men do.

-30 respect points from Iceland.

Good thing we don't have that here...

But we do have that for police recruitment of black people.

Feminists are lying scum. Women are NOT paid less for the same work, as it would be cheaper to hire women for companies. Women are paid less because they don't work as hard as men, take more time off, and refuse to do certain dangerous jobs which pay more. They LIE about rape statistics, domestic violence statistics, and about how women became able to vote. I can PROVE they are lying filth if any one wants to challenge my claims. They're evil, lying, shit heads. They are the KKK for women.

I'm all for equal rights, but they are not. They're liars.

Feminists are lying scum. Women are NOT paid less for the same work, as it would be cheaper to hire women for companies. Women are paid less because they don't work as hard as men, take more time off, and refuse to do certain dangerous jobs which pay more. They LIE about rape statistics, domestic violence statistics, and about how women became able to vote. I can PROVE they are lying filth if any one wants to challenge my claims. They're evil, lying, shit heads. They are the KKK for women.

For doing the EXACT same job as a man, women are in quite a few cases paid less wage. Don't you see something wrong with that?

For doing the EXACT same job as a man, women are in quite a few cases paid less wage. Don't you see something wrong with that?

Go to youtube and search for Warren Farrell pay gap. There's an excellent video on there about the pay gap. My PC situation is fucked at the moment, and I'm using my Wii, but tomorrow I'll try to get on a pc and show you all why you should hate feminists. Don't be fooled by them, they don't practice what they preach.

ever heard something called minimum wage? Everyone is entitled to it no matter the job! from there up if a woman gets paid less than a man it's a shock! But what about those who get paid more than a man! I mean c'mon!!! Why talk about this shit in the 21st century?! In every developed country a woman is a person ( legally speaking ). There's no social inequalities!

Now prove me wrong!!! And I'm talking about legal system here...not some guy saying that you belong in the kitchen! that's a different topic.

And yes, they lie!!!

Fuck yeah, I like you

Feminism should be good thing, and true feminism is. However the fact remains that men and women are different, so though equality (or something closely approximating it) may indeed be possible, equivalence is not. This is a good thing - who would truly desire a world where one of the most fundamental aspects of our nature is ignored?

But does that mean that because I am different to you and have different sexual organs that if we were to have the same job that I should get less pay than you?

Personally, I think not, and it's not just me being biased I would say the same if it was for males. It's not right to say that we are completely different, the only thing that seperates us are our sexual organs (ok and boobies) but still, females are still humans and still do the same job and get way less than we should.

It's not fair and it's not right to expect us to work are asses off and not get the same pay.

As it is I would tell Mikey to get fucked...because that's a generlisation, I know plenty of men (mainly in the building industry but builders and as high up as directors) who don't work their butts off yet get more than my mum who keeps her company going, she cannot go on holidays because they cannot cope without her..

yeah men work harder don't they...>_>