NEurope
jayseven

Hyde Park 4th-6th July N-E Meet and Mainland July 5th Meet in Holland

To get to a meet up i'd have to either:

1, Get on a boat over night then grab a train down south. Which will cost in the region of £190 return.

2, Get 2 planes, costing me around £300.

Some people moaning about travelling 100 miles. Pshhh...

To get to a meet up i'd have to either:

1, Get on a boat over night then grab a train down south. Which will cost in the region of £190 return.

2, Get 2 planes, costing me around £300.

Some people moaning about travelling 100 miles. Pshhh...

I'd rather pay the 300 for a plane to be perfectly honest, but hey that's just me :awesome:

I think it's in Sheffield this time which probably would rule me out.

I would of loved to have come to the London meet-up, but alas work, lack of funds and other things prevented me coming down. Would of loved to come. And if this other meet is in Sheffield, i may be able to come along to that as long as work arn't divots.

Ah if there's a sheffield one, I maybe at uni there by then which would be fantastic ^_^

Damn, you made this look awesome, and at one point I was about 5 minutes away from you guys, I think. But I really couldn't be there. Tickets to Iron Maiden arrived last minute Sat am, had to get there, get a hotel and then go to the show-and get a late train back to Kings Cross. And although we were still in London on Sunday, my mobile had died. I was on Oxford Street for about 10 minutes, enough time to get some food, go to one shop and then get the tube at Leicester Sq back home :(

Anyway looks like you had a lot of fun! Next time, next time.

*unstick*

Still trying to upload my photos :) Sounds like you guys had more lols after me and bencoder left. I have to admit I was feeling drained and unsociable BUT we discovered that Regent's park station is totally the weirdest tube station.

But in order to make up for my lack of pics, I will attempt to give y'all my final verdicts.

McPhee! The ever-reliable nice-guy McPhee bought a london (should be renamed LOLdon... sorry) map to help guide us about; he took down details for complaints, and he went on an abosolutely EPIC journey to acquire more booze that took probably 2 hours. I still remember him saying "If I'm not back in 40, call the police(!)".

I never saw Stefkov asleep. he was always up aftter me and awake when I got up. He always had something to say, and did not at any point seem intoxicated. Cool, straightfaced, fellow pyramidee.

Chuck quieter in real life than onlien! Fell in love with my hat on the saturday, and it is he whom I secretly suspect is part of the Hole In Hat conspiracy.

Letty's accent FINALLY sounded scottish to me now I'd heard it person-to-person. Only person to beat me at chess all weekend. *cough* then I beat her in four moves *cough*.

Bard as sound and alcohol-addicted as I'd hoped and dreamed. Good tree climber. Unafraid of any bird. Likes gay things like backstreetboys and hercules. But we love him still! Mostly because he gave me a piece of KFC as I left :):)

Athriller's hair caught me first. I think he looked most like the anime-esque etching that Dave did. I <3 atif for talking to my friend Shams when he arrived. Athriller was our guide for most of the friday and saturday and it's thanks to you I got to see a whole range of london I'd not really seen before, and hadn't expected to.

ReZ is precisely how I imagined him. I broke his 'undefeated' chess record. ReZ is a sure-fire hit with the ladies - first Letty declared her unrequited love, then some french-canadian chick couldn't stay away from him. Nice one!

Bencoder winz. He can juggle 5 balls EASY, climb trees to death and drink drink drink. Plus I've known him since reception. Slight bias.

Twozzok is mah smokin' buddy! I'm still saddened we didn't get to go to the tobacconists at all, but I'm glad you were a part of what I shall now call teh Giraffe Massive :)

RoadKill not as twisted and perverted as his online persona- not as much. Bundled himself into the hostel room and slept like a hedgehog in the corner on teh floor. I do have to mention the two friends he brought with him on saturday - they were the geekiest, nerdiest looking guys I have ever seen. Srsly.

Fish and Domjcq turned up when I was, in retrospect, rather pissed already. i didn't really get to have a good chat with either of these guys due too bladder/namco thingey. They were misplaced yet I was elsewhere! For shame.

Shams4D turned up in hyde park just as everyone had stood up to go to namco. I had no idea what was going on but shams agreed to come join us on the farcical tube journey we endured :) Shams4d used to post on these forums about... shit, like 5 years ago! he's an old school buddy of ben's and I.

Rummy was a late-show gem of a geezer. I hit off with him from the get-go. For what must've been around two hours we were sat in the green under teh shadow of teh millenium wheel, with everyone else in teh arcade did not stop nattering about one thing or another, often cursing the FEWLS for leaving hyde park so quickly.

All in all; surreal, quirky, geeky, lol-tastic, knackering and sporadically rather stressful. I'm glad there was no itenerary, just a list of hopeful things to do. I do wish we had gotten round to an epic game of 1000 blank white cards, or frisbee even. Some sort of BISH thing could've been good, I think next time a list could be sent to everyone, who tehn has to try and find these things on their journey to the meet, or something.

Honourable mentions; Jordan, Alfonso, sleeping homeless guy, french-californian lady, and dave. This is a rather long post, but MEH.

Oh wow, i got an honourable mention. What did i do?

Oh yeah! I spoke to you! :D

That American chick was hot. It was really random though....She lives in LA, is like...fluent in French, and was going on a tour of Europe...I seem to remember asking her what her favourite bits were, think she said England was crap, then she said she would be going back to Spain, I asked why and she pointed to a love bite on her neck, lol. She was talking in French for like half of that...I....have forgotten most of the French that I learnt in school. Anyway yeah she was safe.

I also just remembered what Dom meant when he said talking to strangers about apples....I couldnt remember doing that, but I just remembered...I offered them my nuts, and told them the ways of the Fuji.

That was the point I was most drunk.

Sounds fantastic. I'd have come myself but work for the lose!

If the next one is in Sheffield, I won't be able to make it.

As I said before-- like, other people can arrange other gatherings. I've just said it for ages now; Late summer I shall be offering the City of Sheffield - perhaps specifically the Botanical Gardens for some hilarities. doesn't prevent anyone else arranging anything. hell, there's still loads of summer left.

Sheffield! That would make things easier. You're not sleeping in our flat, you'll break things.

haha ^_^, jesus I'll be near jayseven, that's abit scary.

But yes we should have a sheffield meet, because it's easier from people up north and whatnot.

Though another london meet would be cool.

Well Bencoder might be sleeping in our flat dude :P and, er, rummy also gets some dibs if ben doesn't come... but besides that - YEAH! Back off, bitches.

Shall we say a preliminary First Weekend Of September?

EDIT: And what's so scary about being near to me! Ask any one of the 15 people from teh online that I've met, I'm right nice, me.

Right?

haha ^_^, I'm not sure about the first weekend of september, it's cutting it abit close to moving to sheffield for me, can we not do it earlier/later?

Well some of us have retakes to do (bah) which, I think, is 24th August, so earlier is bound to be after that date. So, uh, should I be making a new thread for this?

EDIT: ok I've literally just learned when my timetable starts. Stupid-ass Induction = friday 26th sept, course itself starts monday 29th sept. Freshers fortnight beforehand, too. What are your plans for relocating to sheffield?

Well some of us have retakes to do (bah) which, I think, is 24th August, so earlier is bound to be after that date. So, uh, should I be making a new thread for this?

haha, you'll be fine!!! :)

Yeah might be an idea, at least then it'll be seperate and people will be able to see it? :awesome:

I never saw Stefkov asleep. he was always up aftter me and awake when I got up. He always had something to say, and did not at any point seem intoxicated. Cool, straightfaced, fellow pyramidee.

I regret to say I was never in the pyramid. It was I who took ze photomotographics of you lot in ze pyramid.

I think I might post a massive summary of ze weekend in a spoiler box but I just slept for 13 hours so I'm not exactly awake right now.

Also Sheffield meet sounds ace. I'll be in Hudersfield and whatnot.

Will the sheffield meet be open to people under 18? As much as I like drinking I don't want to be excluded if you lot are going to clubs and whatnot.

Will the sheffield meet be open to people under 18? As much as I like drinking I don't want to be excluded if you lot are going to clubs and whatnot.

It should be, really. Not worries if it's not, you can just go disguised as Letty.

The other meet wasn't 18+ you know. Chuck isn't 18 yet either... I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'll be content sitting in a park all day, booze in hand, and an array of time-consuming things to do to back us up.

Any age welcome. Be not afraid!

The other meet wasn't 18+ you know. Chuck isn't 18 yet either... I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'll be content sitting in a park all day, booze in hand, and an array of time-consuming things to do to back us up.

Any age welcome. Be not afraid!

Ok then I'll try and make it. Should be able to bus it there quite cheaply. Only trouble is it takes 2 hours (it takes about 30 mins in a car. We've made it in 20 before.)

Ok then I'll try and make it. Should be able to bus it there quite cheaply. Only trouble is it takes 2 hours (it takes about 30 mins in a car. We've made it in 20 before.)

There's always the train from Worksop... or moi, although i don't know about driving on the motorway yet.

There's always the train from Worksop... or moi, although i don't know about driving on the motorway yet.

You puff. As soon as I pass I'm gonna blaze it down the motorway at 90 and watch the individual pieces of my car fly off and/or burst into flames. The biggest problem would be parking.

Train is really expensive as well. Whereas a day rover on the bus isn't too bad. Plus that will include busage and tramage once I get there.