NEurope
dazzybee

When will developers/publishers treat Wii with respect?

It's really annoying me, we touched on it in another thread about how some developers leave key features out of games compared with their PS3/360 equivalents. It's really annoying and lazy.

Anyways, the new MLB2k8 is missing a bunch of features including online play for the wii version because they want to focus on families! WHAT KIND OF FUCKING REASON IS THIS!?!?!?

Why can't they cater for EVERYONE and just put the same fucking features in?! Is it really that hard the lazy c!nts! It fucking winds me up. Same with Sega Tennis, Fifa, Pro Evo and most other games!!!!

And no one please say Nintendos online service isn't set up yet - that's clearly bollocks because others seem to be using it!!! Some people are just lazy and out to make money, and know they can get away with it!

If all developers and publishers gave the Wii the respect it deserves and didn't cheap out on it unnecessarily then maybe more people would buy their bastard games and wankers wouldn't complain about 3rd parties not selling software - put some effort in and they will sell. Gimps.

LOUD NOISES!

But seriously, I agree with you. Really pisses me off when online multiplayer is left out of games, especially FPSs

So its ok for Nintendo to leave out content, but not 3rd parties? Maybe they should set a better example for 3rd parties to follow, huh

So its ok for Nintendo to leave out content, but not 3rd parties? Maybe they should set a better example for 3rd parties to follow, huh

Since when did 1st party Nintendo games have more features on other consoles?

Since when did 1st party Nintendo games have more features on other consoles?

Lol Cube wins. Pit-Jr, read the post properly first!

I'm pretty sure Pit-Jr means that Nintendo leave out features in their own games (such as online play) so 3rd parties will.

dazzybee, every time you post you make yourself look less and less intelligent.

Exactly. I agree with Pit.

Ive said it in many threads before that aslong as the likes of Smarty Pants, Game Party and Carnival Games continue to sell well then why would a developer of a game put effort into it? At the end of the day its just business and if Wii owners continue to buy abysmal games which have took next to no effort to make/develop then developers will continue to churn them out.

Its like when Ubisoft said that they would use the Wii games to fund the bigger games on the 360/PS3. Is it right? No! Not by a longshot but its just business.

Yeah, what Wes said.

3rd parties have tighter budgets and time constraints to juggle between 2/3 and sometimes 4 consoles. And its no secret that Nintendo places the least priority in online gaming between the 3 console makers

Nintendo has the luxury of developing for one console and an infinitely larger budget. So why doesn't every 1st party game include online multiplayer, voice chat,online co-op, etc? Where was any of this for Wii Sports/Play, Mario Olympics, Mario Party, and others im forgetting.

Hell even Brain Age could have benefitted from some sort of online IQ battle.

Not to take credit away from Mario Kart and Brawl, both of which seem to be GOOD examples for Nintendo to set for 3rd parties

Instead of insulting will you please pick my post apart; have a debate rather than just calling someone "unintelligent". Isn't that what forums are about? Debate? Sorry for trying to instigate them.

And Pit, what titles have Nintendo released on other systems? (The point of the topic).

And if you want to start a different topic, how are Nintendos titles featureless?

The main reason is because the games will sell just as well without the features. Why bother putting in online, voice chat, co-op etc when in truth they can just skimp it and sell the same amount of copies. Offline games sell better then online ones, minigames compilations are selling better then most real games and in all honesty companies are better of investing the money that could go to these features in marketing, as Wii games require marketing more then any video games consoles ever before.

Some third parties will probably pick things up and raise the bar but they've got no reason too. On Wii games don't need to be 'quality' to sell, and that's the horrible situation with the Wii software market at the moment.

You are absolutely right Jammy, but it doesn't make it acceptable. This is what I mean with a lack of respect. Treat em like shit because we know they'll take it!

We're starting to see 3rd parties better games coming out now, as its taken developers about a year to get the hang of developing for wii. Most of the titles we've seen so far from 3rd parties have been game-cube games with gimmicky sort of motion controls added to make small children like the games. Now that they're getting the hang of using the remote to develop proper games, and just use the right amount of motion like in MP3 and Mario galaxy. And games that are completely based around motion controls are getting better because developers know how to use them better now.

You are absolutely right Jammy, but it doesn't make it acceptable. This is what I mean with a lack of respect. Treat em like shit because we know they'll take it!

Well there's no-one to blame but ourselves then. We still buy the stuff, so therfore they'll keep making it. End off. If we want more features we should buy a different version of a multiplatform game, and show them we won't buy second class stuff. It's simple.

Also the intelligence comment that was made, maybe it was due to the sheer amount of swearing. It was pointless, and wasn't needed. Put your point across in a better way and maybe people will respect you more.

Well there's no-one to blame but ourselves then. We still buy the stuff, so therfore they'll keep making it. End off. If we want more features we should buy a different version of a multiplatform game, and show them we won't buy second class stuff. It's simple..

But then they'll just rant about how third parties can't sell games on the Wii and how it's userbase is too casual to buy enough games on it.

It's a lose-lose situation currently and the only real way that will be overcome is if some truly quality third party gamer games come along and sell extremely well. I can't see that happening any time soon - although No More Heroes has faired okay it isn't going to be changing publishers opinions.

It's the same with the government & others. So it's hardly surprising.

answer to the treath question...

NEVVAH!!

developers and publishers still do not get enough royalty's for the games they make vs on what they get at Sony or Microsift

developers and publishers still do not get enough royalty's for the games they make vs on what they get at Sony or Microsift

Sony charge the highest royalties of all 3 platform owners, not sure where Nintendo line up with Microsoft but I'd guess they're very close.

I'm sure the Wii's stupidly cheap developement costs make that point null anyway.

I think that's partly due to the reason of Wii's casual approach, devs are simply too lazy because the game will be bought anyways.

And I imagine that the online code is quite different to the one for X-360 and PS3 and that Ninty is as secretive as ever and maybe even charges extra for online - only speculation though.

What I also see as part of the reason is that most devs think that X-360 and PS3 owner have higher demands of what a game must look like and be able to do compared to Wii owner and besides Wii's obvious success the bigger budget is still with the other consoles.

But when we're talking about multiplattform games I don't really see a reason to get a game for Wii. If I want to play online (I actually have the means to go online with my Wii and the games as well) I'd get the game for another plattform if available to play online (in my case PC) because I find the Wii online system so off-putting.

END THIS RE-TREADING OF GROUND!!

My viewpoint:

Sales are sales and in the end Wii software is selling. Isn't that a good thing for Nintendo and wii owners in general? The DS too is seemingly littered with cookie clutter but there are some real nice maryland cookies in there too. Look at the amount of drivel on the Playstation 1+2 formats.

The most popular console has the most amount of crap.

Now there are thousands of developers and to develop for Wii isn't as expensive as the 360/PS2 and the skillsets needed to develop for Wii are circa 2002. That's just the way the industry is. Everyone wants a slice of the pie. And it's not too hard to get onboard as a nice little earner/cornerstone for your business.

And for one, I've actually enjoyed some of these so called "mini games" titles.

In an arena which has traditionally been hostile, competitive and incestuous it's refreshing that Wii has brought so many NEW gamers and NEW titles to the fore.

I would perhaps suggest titles should be priced appropriately. THAT is where the massive problems exist. £40 across the board is a terrible price point for any product. That's like making ALL DVD's £20, regardless of quality, length etc...

One of the strongest shouts for "LAZY!" is Ubisoft....they started with some half decent titles and a couple of lazy, shoddy ports and then stuck their heads up their backsides and rested on their laurels. if they "saw" the promise of Wii (like they claimed) where is Red Steel 2? If they can knock out FPS titles (using other devs or not) on other systems for fun; then, coupled with their "ingenious hindsight" they should be one of the best developers on Wii. Actually, they are. And that's a far greater dissapointment.

Instead of insulting will you please pick my post apart; have a debate rather than just calling someone "unintelligent". Isn't that what forums are about? Debate? Sorry for trying to instigate them.

And Pit, what titles have Nintendo released on other systems? (The point of the topic).

And if you want to start a different topic, how are Nintendos titles featureless?

Why should I waste my time picking apart your post when you put it across in such a stupid way, and will ignore everything I say anyway?

Also the intelligence comment that was made, maybe it was due to the sheer amount of swearing. It was pointless, and wasn't needed. Put your point across in a better way and maybe people will respect you more.

Why should they put effort in when they can release crap games and still make tonnes of profit?

Only a portion of Wii owners are the hardcore. Nintendo is aiming at the family and so are developers. A family that buy a game with missing features probably won't care.

Yeah, sadly its all business. Until developers no longer make any profit on this current brand of "family" game then its here to stay. Only when they see that we need more and will only buy the stuff when we get it will they start bulking up their products. Sad times. :(

Regarding online and other features, people are right to say that Nintendo should try and lead by example. They are with Smash Bros. and it looks like a similar case with Mario Kart, so hopefully others will take us more seriously too. We just need the balance.