NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Skins

Getting rid of all the original cast members for series 3

Original cast members April Pearson, Mike Bailey, Hannah Murray, Joe Dempsie, Larissa Wilson, Mitch Hewer and Dev Patel will not have their contract renewed

So, they're just starting all over again basically. (Then again, just take this with a little pinch of salt considering the source, Wiki)

seems to be confirmed:

The executive producer of Skins has confirmed its entire cast will change for the next series.

Bryan Elsey said: "There are risks associated with dumping a cast, but we just did it. There was some disquiet at the channel, but then they told us just to go with it.

"It's exciting - we never stand still and we can tell our stories in a new way."

Speaking at Broadcast's television drama conference this week, he also confirmed the show would stick to its pattern of introducing college-age characters, moving them on in the next series, then letting them go.

"The first year is about getting to know the kids, and the second gives us the advantage of being able to explore their psyches a little more," said Elsey.

The show will also continue to use a team of up to 20 writers, including newcomers.

It's crap but strangely compelling. Thing is I always feel a little unfulfilled after watching it because nothing really happens or so it seems.

Really? I thought it was...

Nope

next week is the last episode :(

Yep. This week is the penultimate episode :)

... of this series.

And you can tell the next series will be better (since they have money to get real actors), so I'm over it.

... of this series.

And you can tell the next series will be better (since they have money to get real actors), so I'm over it.

They're not though. They're just doing open auditions like they did for series 1.

I really do doubt it will be as good as it is now.

Why? The exact same thing but with different characters, how could it not be? I thought the same thing when they said they were getting rid of everyone, but I'm over it.

Because Shell won't be in it. :(

But now she can go on to do bigger and better things.......or not. But yeah I think a freshen up in the cast will be a good thing.

Because Shell won't be in it. :(

You realise the characters will probably be basically the same, just different looking. It'll just be like they've changed appearence and got younger again. I swear by the second episode of the new series you'll be saying "Who's Shell?".

R.I.P Cassie! :( - She's awesome.

Though I don't watch it, that curly-haired girl's nose pissed me off. Glad she's going.

Like some victim of a savage attack by a penguin.

Fuck! Is...

Chris Dead?

Also, the last half of this episode has been the best of Skins since it began last year.

I just generally love the music in Skins.

Was the song at the end sung by Cat Power? I need to obtain it.

There's only one left? Bugger, I thought there was two. That sucks, I really hope they manage to end it well.

Fuck! Is...
Chris Dead?

Also, the last half of this episode has been the best of Skins since it began last year.

i think the word is yes!

Sign in to follow this