Sexist?

Kirkatronics

Is it sexist?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it sexist?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • I dont care

If it were women who were charged more than men they would be out there burning bras to get it changed.

First they wanted the vote, the equal rights, then equal pay, now they get cheaper stuff than us! Burn them all! Witches! Get me a pitchfork im lighting the barbeque!

Yes im being sarcastic.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A physical characteristic can be changed, yes, but the thought processes of a male and female are very different. I still see gender as a scientific term.

Then you'll be familiar with gender dysphoria, a recognized medical condition.

That scientific enough for you?

Tom, not quite on the subject of gender but thought it fit in here anyway. Whats the general reduction when you hit 25? I know theres meant to be a bit of a drop but never been too sure how much it is exactly. I'll get there this year and been looking at getting a new car now I actually have some money coming in. What kind of drop can i expect at that point?

You seem to think that I am deliberately considering what is male and female just to annoy you. I see gender no different to age; if you have a facelift that doesn't minus a year off your life.

Before you start getting more mad, I have no problem with people who are transgender, I just don't believe that the gender attribute is really changed, as a human hand has just altered the appearance. I have no problem in believing that a man can 'live as a woman' though.

Tom' date=' not quite on the subject of gender but thought it fit in here anyway. Whats the general reduction when you hit 25? I know theres meant to be a bit of a drop but never been too sure how much it is exactly. I'll get there this year and been looking at getting a new car now I actually have some money coming in. What kind of drop can i expect at that point?[/quote']

you will have been getting an age discount every year since you were 21 most likely, but you'll probably see 10% off from last year, plus your No Claims, assuming you're not already on 5 years.

this is all of course assuming none of your circumstances have changed since your premium was calculated at your last renewal.

you will have been getting an age discount every year since you were 21 most likely, but you'll probably see 10% off from last year, plus your No Claims, assuming you're not already on 5 years.

this is all of course assuming none of your circumstances have changed since your premium was calculated at your last renewal.

Ah well thats cool, I'll have an extra years no claims up to 4 and touch wood I won't have to claim between now and then. The biggest problem seems to be my new address, back at my parents in the midlands quotes are coming in around £1,500, my new address puts it up to £2,500! :blank: Looks like age is the least of my worries.

Ah well thats cool' date=' I'll have an extra years no claims up to 4 and touch wood I won't have to claim between now and then. The biggest problem seems to be my new address, back at my parents in the midlands quotes are coming in around £1,500, my new address puts it up to £2,500! :blank: Looks like age is the least of my worries.[/quote']Can you just put that you live with your parents?

Wouldnt a short yearly exam to determine your insurance premium be the best option?

Can you just put that you live with your parents?

Well I think I might do, its only going to be for weekend use as I get the Tube to work most days. I suppose if I did that I would need to make sure that every document relating to the car went back to my parents place though. Certainly going to have to look into doing that with figures like that.

Wouldnt a short yearly exam to determine your insurance premium be the best option?

I actually think this is exactly the way they should do it. The way I would see it is everyone having a test every couple of years or so and then based on scores you achieve so your premium can be reduced/increased based on skill. In theory the best drivers should then be paying less than the worst. Logistics might be a bit messy mind (I assume its still just as hard to get a test as when I did it).

Well I think I might do' date=' its only going to be for weekend use as I get the Tube to work most days. I suppose if I did that I would need to make sure that every document relating to the car went back to my parents place though. Certainly going to have to look into doing that with figures like that.[/quote']Becareful though, my insurance got made void because i accidentally put that it was kept in a garage.

At the moment I have a 54 plate 1.4 Peugeot 206 which costs me about £450 I think. Looking at buying a Lotus Elise in the next 12 months, at the moment its a case of getting enough deposit for all of the extras I want on it, the fact I live in central London seems to be pushing the insurance up one hell of a lot.

Ah ok well that makes it sound right. An elise would cost a bomb, especially in London.... My gaffa had an Elise and in the winter he put it through a wall after skidding on some ice >.>

Yeah its a lot of money but I figure this is the only time before marriage, kids etc. that I'll get to do it. They quite often have driver training days thrown in with them which I'll definately take up... Everyone who bought one in December a few years ago got a free trip to America with their car for a few days proper racing training - now that would be nice.

My insurance for a Clio, fully comp on my own is £1994/year

Crikey thats ridiculous! Any reason its so high? Write-off etc.? When I first got my car I specifically went for the Peugeot as I got a year free insurance to start me off, once that was under my belt I think I started paying about £800 which has slowly been working its way down since.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!