N-Europe

Will you marry me?

Coolness Bears

I'd probably get married some day... to some poor bastard.

Where? When? *shrugs* whenever the time was right. It doesn't have to be stupidly extravigant. Thats so over the top and 'Hollywood'.

I proposed on 30th December 2001. It was late afternoon, and was already pretty dark because of the time of year. It had been snowing and hadn't melted so there was a thin layer of snow on the ground. We drove to the coast and had a short walk near St Mary's Island. Proposed and whipped out the ring that she'd been upset about - it had disappeared from the shop window (when I secretly bought it). Received acceptance then drove to tell friends and parents.

St Mary's Island (not in the snow):

e2e6_30.jpg

I have a photo that I can add later.

Later that day Esther had a little cry because she was so nervous and scared. Mint.

Obviously turned out great in the end.

Pissed as a fart after a night of hard drinking, sat on a dingy sofa with her on my knee, in my mates dingy front room. She said no and told me to ask again when i was sober. (We had been going out for 3 weeks at the time).

2 Weeks later i asked her again, she said yes.... Then i bought a ring.

Thats quite possibly the worst and unromantic way to do things but we have been together 5 years tommorrow so i guess it worked out ok :)

I think the question is whether anyone would be insane enough to marry me. I wouldn't propose unless we were both sufficiently intoxicated; that way if she says no, I could say I was kidding anyway. Man, I'm such a pussy.

I'd shout my proposal to you as I jumped from a very high ledge and onto your face. Therefore killing in a very Alien/Predator like way.

:D

When I propose to a lady, whoever she may be, it'll have to be something that is relevant to us. That's usually a lot more meaningful than proposing in a lovely place. A lovely place with prior meaning - ha! win.

And it has to be done at night, with the stars, and possibly candles. Mystical. :)