N-Europe

Mafia game #mine

MoogleViper

OK basically it said that the mafia had kidnapped Nintendohnut and sent requests to me. I was told that if i voted for Haggis then they would release you at the end of the day. I wasnt allowed to say what was happenening and if i were asked i had to say that Haggis was evil.

To be blunt i wish i had let them keep you now :P

Anyways, i agree with yall:

Vote: Mcoy

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK basically it said that the mafia had kidnapped Nintendohnut and sent requests to me. I was told that if i voted for Haggis then they would release you at the end of the day. I wasnt allowed to say what was happenening and if i were asked i had to say that Haggis was evil.

To be blunt i wish i had let them keep you now :P

Yeah cause I've been no help to the town at all [/sarcasm]

Anyway, is that all it said? Cause in my one in the last game it basically just said:

You have been sent a ransom note. If you want to save *insert name here* then you must vote for *insert name here*

You may not say or hint that you are being forced

You may not take part in any other discussions

I'm just wondering, I still have suspicions...

Yeah cause I've been no help to the town at all [/sarcasm]

Anyway, is that all it said? Cause in my one in the last game it basically just said:

You have been sent a ransom note. If you want to save *insert name here* then you must vote for *insert name here*

You may not say or hint that you are being forced

You may not take part in any other discussions

I'm just wondering, I still have suspicions...

I got a note too, let me find it:

"You've got a ransom note. The mafai wants you to vote for X, if you do, Y will be freed. If you are asked why, you must say "X is evil." You do not have to do this, its your choice"

Paraphrased to avoid Moogle spanking me. Seriously Nintendohnut, drop it with Esequiel, you seem to be ignoring everything brought up to back him up, simply because you were successful last time. Vote for Mcoy and lets get on with the game.

I would guess he's at school/college. Give him a chance!

And while you're here Esequiel, do you want to tell me a little about your group? It will save me using my power on you again tonight, I don't want to waste it and I'll use it on someone more dangerous if you can tell me a little more about the group. Thanks :)

What do you mean? If you are innocent, you have no problems in saying what it is. Saying no to answering a simple question makes you look suspicious. If you are innocent then you will want my investigative powers to be used for the good of the town to track down someone evil, and so you would tell me something. I don't care what, I just want a few details about what it is.

Whereas, of course, if you are guilty you would deny to answer any questions so that you don't reveal yourself and then target me to be killed tonight before I can investigate anyone.

So, to everyone else: at the moment, Esequiel is seeming to be evil. I will most probably be killed tonight because I am dangerous investigating every night, but in case I am I'll say who I am suspicious about, hopefully you can find out more/lynch them in the next few days.

Esequiel

gaggle64 (of course he is defending Esequiel which makes him evil is Esequiel is proven to be. However people trust him because on day 2 it was revealed he was good, but I believe he has been recruited)

Gizmo (a small amount, purely because he was so quick to back up esequiel and try to shift the focus onto Mcoy who I think is evil)

MadDog, purely because he has done nothing all game apart from vote with the majority. This one is purely based on a feeling, nothing more.

I would like to remind you that in the Space Mafia I pointed out towards the end of the game that I believed Darksnowman, Jonnas and LazyBoy to be Evil, and they turned out to be the final three mafia members. I am not just making all this up, I am basing this on some serious reading, deliberation, and plenty of investigation.

They will obviously all refute this, say that I am being stupid. Let them. All I am saying is investigate them and try and find out about them i the next few nights, and see if you can prove me right.

This could all be pointless, I may survive tonight, but I thought there is a large risk I will be killed, and so it was better I share thoughts/suspicions before I get killed off.

(Note: if Esequiel is proved guilty, this makes gaggle64 guilty, and Gizmo look suspicious [though I am not totally sure about him])

So yeah, just thought I'd say before the end of the day!

One edit that I got wrong - I said

try to shift the focus onto Mcoy who I think is evil

I meant I think he's neutral. I also don't think he's a threat to the town. I kinda wish I hadn't voted now, but I miscounted thinking one more was needed so I could withdraw it again, then I realised I was the last one. So...yeah.

Tell you what is annoying, i couldn't remember if i was in this or not, sorry for the lack of comments from me, but see, for the past week or so that little red light that shows if i have internet refuses to show its rose tinted glow =[

Sorry i can't be of more help but i already knew Mcoy was a prozzie (martinist said it like what 3 nights ago now?) but its a 50-50 thing as to whether he is good or bad. Obviously there's no point in me voting,

What do you mean? If you are innocent, you have no problems in saying what it is. Saying no to answering a simple question makes you look suspicious. If you are innocent then you will want my investigative powers to be used for the good of the town to track down someone evil, and so you would tell me something. I don't care what, I just want a few details about what it is.

Whereas, of course, if you are guilty you would deny to answer any questions so that you don't reveal yourself and then target me to be killed tonight before I can investigate anyone.

So, to everyone else: at the moment, Esequiel is seeming to be evil. I will most probably be killed tonight because I am dangerous investigating every night, but in case I am I'll say who I am suspicious about, hopefully you can find out more/lynch them in the next few days.

Esequiel

gaggle64 (of course he is defending Esequiel which makes him evil is Esequiel is proven to be. However people trust him because on day 2 it was revealed he was good, but I believe he has been recruited)

Gizmo (a small amount, purely because he was so quick to back up esequiel and try to shift the focus onto Mcoy who I think is evil)

MadDog, purely because he has done nothing all game apart from vote with the majority. This one is purely based on a feeling, nothing more.

I would like to remind you that in the Space Mafia I pointed out towards the end of the game that I believed Darksnowman, Jonnas and LazyBoy to be Evil, and they turned out to be the final three mafia members. I am not just making all this up, I am basing this on some serious reading, deliberation, and plenty of investigation.

They will obviously all refute this, say that I am being stupid. Let them. All I am saying is investigate them and try and find out about them i the next few nights, and see if you can prove me right.

This could all be pointless, I may survive tonight, but I thought there is a large risk I will be killed, and so it was better I share thoughts/suspicions before I get killed off.

(Note: if Esequiel is proved guilty, this makes gaggle64 guilty, and Gizmo look suspicious [though I am not totally sure about him])

So yeah, just thought I'd say before the end of the day!

One edit that I got wrong - I said

I meant I think he's neutral. I also don't think he's a threat to the town. I kinda wish I hadn't voted now, but I miscounted thinking one more was needed so I could withdraw it again, then I realised I was the last one. So...yeah.

Esequiel may wish to remain silent to keep details from the mafia. I think thats fair enough. If you investigate him tonight, that will give us solidity on him; even if he did tell us anything, we can't trust it 100%. Your info from investigations up to now has been correct. I shifted attention to Mcoy because being aggressive towards Esequiel was clearly going to be fruitless, and it would be far more usefull to lynch Mcoy (who yes, we have nothing on really, but he wasn't contributing anyway so it's no great loss).

Oh, and Dom, what have you to say to welsh_gamer's info?

Yes i know that he may not tell us much, but I don't want to waste my investigations tonight, and if he can tell us a little about this group he claims to be in (sounds sorta like a mafia, don't you think?) then I wouldn't have to do that. And quite frankly, in admitting he is in a group with gaggle, and then openly saying it is the kind of group they dont want the mafia to know about, they are in enough enough danger (if they aren't the mafia that is) anyway. So it won't hurt to tell me a little about it and get me off his back, right? And yet he refuses. He's already put him and gaggle in danger if they aren't mafia, so he may as well come clean.

Also: If this group is so dangerous to the mafia, the mafia would try to kill Esequiel or gaggle tonight. If they are they will be proven innocent (whichever one isn't killed anyway), if not...they look a little to 'safe'

Just my thoughts.

Yes i know that he may not tell us much, but I don't want to waste my investigations tonight, and if he can tell us a little about this group he claims to be in (sounds sorta like a mafia, don't you think?) then I wouldn't have to do that. And quite frankly, in admitting he is in a group with gaggle, and then openly saying it is the kind of group they dont want the mafia to know about, they are in enough enough danger (if they aren't the mafia that is) anyway. So it won't hurt to tell me a little about it and get me off his back, right? And yet he refuses. He's already put him and gaggle in danger if they aren't mafia, so he may as well come clean.

Also: If this group is so dangerous to the mafia, the mafia would try to kill Esequiel or gaggle tonight. If they are they will be proven innocent (whichever one isn't killed anyway), if not...they look a little to 'safe'

Just my thoughts.

Bear in mind the mafia hasn't killed the last (2?) nights. And I think your investigations won't be "wasted" if it means trusting someone properly. It would be "wasted" for you to not investigate him and wrongly keep him under suspicion, or "wasted" for you to not investigate him and trust the word he gives when he if he is infact evil. I think we need closure on the issue of Esequiel and gaggle, and the only way to get that is to investigate one of them. No matter what he says, you will still be suspicious of him.

You need to think about this game from the perspective of more than just yourself, dohnut. Read what someone has posted, and think "If he was good, why would he post that?" "If he was evil, why would he post that?" and from that perspective you can build up profiles of players. As you do it now, you simply attack players until they reveal themselves, which while being successful often, also often leads to players being revealed and made targets. You make yourself a target by being so aggressive; were you not this loud, you would be able to go about investigating quietly and then when you get something solid can come out with it, rather than throwing random theories around and pestering people until they reveal themselves. This is a game of subtlety.

Thanks, Gizmo, but I have played these games before, I know how to play. So far my technique has worked more often than not.

This is a game of subtlety, I know. But at the same time, you can tell a lot from the way that people act on here. I don't mind being open about who I am if it means I can get people to vote for those who are evil. I didn't immediately come out and admit who I was, I was revealed by Darksnowman if you remember. The problem with moving about investigating quietly is that at some point you get evidence you need to reveal to show people are guilty. If nobody knows who you are, nobody trusts your evidence. As it is now, people know my evidence is correct.

Put simply, Gizmo, each game requires different actions. As I'm sure you remember, when we were in the mafia, we didn't post that much, and were careful not to reveal ourselves. In this game, I am good and trying to kill mafia, and that is why I have come out a few nights ago, after it being revealed who I was, and given evidence. People we slow to trust me but when they eventually did I was right about Jonnas.

Put simply, Gizmo - I know how to play this game, and I'm playing how I play. It seems to have worked pretty well so far.

And here's the thing about Esequiel:

I asked him about his group. If he is innocent he has nothing to lose in telling me as the group has already been revealed as an apparent threat to the mafia. So he is in no extra danger saying what the group is. The mafia already know the group is dangerous to them! So revealing a little more to get me off his back is not a big problem. And yet he refuses.

Perhaps he is scared because he may say something to convince me he is good and then when I investigate him, the evidence will prove he is lying? I don't know, but he only loses out in this if he is guilty, if he is innocent like he says he has nothing to lose in giving me some more info. I don't know why you don't see that is what I am trying to do.

That little rant came out a bit condecending, sorry.

How do you know he was nothing to lose? Like you just said, your going to investigate him anyway by the looks of it. Why should he give the mafia any more info? In his situation (assuming his group is how I am conceptualising it) I would want you to investigate me and not give anything away. It's also possible that giving out information on the group lessens it's power, I'm pretty sure thats happened in previous games.

Just investigate him tonight. If he's evil I'll gladly eat my words and understand if you turn on me. Heck, if he's evil I'd suspect me. But I think the odds of him being evil are low.

Sorry Giz, I don't know what info your reffering to. But i'd like to point out that a group that opposite to the mafia is a threat, hell, anyone thats not a mafia is a threat. So therefore if someone were to go, "what's your role dom?" i'd ask why on earth they would come at me with such suspicion, esetc (i don't know how to speel your name, it's late :P) has been suspicous in terms of voting, but his reasoning seems a tad sound. He's also backed by gaggle who seems to be of the same group of people, so until you have solid evidence saying either is of the guilty sort, mister nut, i'm afraid i can't follow you through and say i believe esetc or gag is evil.

I'd like to point out that mcoy voted for himself, either he knows his time came, or he was blackmailed, i'm personally inclined to go for the former, as jonnas is dead. But who knows, maybe there's 2 kidnapping peoples.

Oh yeh, could someone sum up in an unbiased form whats going on?

Thats just the thing, I'm pretty sure I'll be dead tonight either way, just a feeling I have.

And let's try another tack.... what sort of group do you think it could be? I mean do you think it's a scout group or something? What other sort of group is there?

Here's another interesting thing, there has been no mention of any kind of group forming in the write-ups. In every game I played in, if a group was being formed (the DIY mafia jumps to mind, there was a religious guy trying to make on I seem to remember) it was always in the write up.

Unbiased form of what is going on:

Mcoy has been lynched

Esequiel has been accused by me

gaggle defended esequiel

Gizmo is unconvinced of my reasoning, as are you

erm....think that's it? If I missed something please someone feel free to add stuff

If i recall, the scout leader died before making anyone join the repressive cult known as the scouts, and the religious figure died before making much of an impact. And he couldn't recruit anyways, heal i *think* but my memorys foggy, but the fish (priesty) did mention another character that was related to him, so i can only assume that person was religious so maybe they could recruit or something...and as you said, no group formed in the write ups. So we could conclude that they were in existance from the start. As for what group it could be, plain ol' regular townfolk spring to mind, like a triangle of persons connected by the fact that they are townfolk perhaps?

Sorry Giz, I don't know what info your reffering to. But i'd like to point out that a group that opposite to the mafia is a threat, hell, anyone thats not a mafia is a threat. So therefore if someone were to go, "what's your role dom?" i'd ask why on earth they would come at me with such suspicion, esetc (i don't know how to speel your name, it's late :P) has been suspicous in terms of voting, but his reasoning seems a tad sound. He's also backed by gaggle who seems to be of the same group of people, so until you have solid evidence saying either is of the guilty sort, mister nut, i'm afraid i can't follow you through and say i believe esetc or gag is evil.

I'd like to point out that mcoy voted for himself, either he knows his time came, or he was blackmailed, i'm personally inclined to go for the former, as jonnas is dead. But who knows, maybe there's 2 kidnapping peoples.

Oh yeh, could someone sum up in an unbiased form whats going on?

Your saying that anyone who ISNT mafia is a threat?

Basically your admitting to being in the mafia? :p

I'd sum up but I'm going offline after this post.

Thats just the thing, I'm pretty sure I'll be dead tonight either way, just a feeling I have.

And let's try another tack.... what sort of group do you think it could be? I mean do you think it's a scout group or something? What other sort of group is there?

Here's another interesting thing, there has been no mention of any kind of group forming in the write-ups. In every game I played in, if a group was being formed (the DIY mafia jumps to mind, there was a religious guy trying to make on I seem to remember) it was always in the write up.

Who's to say it was formed midgame? Esequiel joined the game late; it's possible there was a "group" already made from the start and Moogle placed him in there.

I really don't know. Just leave it and investigate him tonight, and we can take it from there. If Esequiel turns out evil now I've basically dug my own grave by defending him. I only have the same evidence you have; I'm just interpreting it differently. Read back over everything from today dohnut, theres alot of stuff defending him I think you've missed.

Nah I read it all. I've just worked things out in a different way to you i guess. Hopefully if I'm proved right you will trust me more from now on (I mean, if you don't trust me from Jonnas' lynching).

If Esequiel joined a group that was outside the mafia I still would think it was mentioned, maybe "A guy walked into town and saw a house on sale. A man approached him with an offer, and he accepted" or something. And if there is another group, it could be a rival mafia? It's a possibility. All I'm saying is if a group forms/someone joins it, it is usually mentioned. As it has been with every addition to the mafia. Just speaking from experience.

The problem we have here is I think that I am convinced of one thing, and you are wanting to prove me wrong (hey I don't mind, it's a natural reaction to give another point of view). But I think we're both so stuck into our opinions that neither can convince the other, or see all the evidence. I'll leave esequiel for now and read the evidence.

So yeah, basically I'm just saying to me it doesn't all add up. But I'll wait and see. I still think I'll be dead by the end of the night, if I'm right in any of my assumptions about people I wrote above, I am a threat to the mafia and will probably be targeted before I can investigate all paths.

Never mind eh? :)

If Esequiel joined a group that was outside the mafia I still would think it was mentioned, maybe "A guy walked into town and saw a house on sale. A man approached him with an offer, and he accepted" or something. And if there is another group, it could be a rival mafia? It's a possibility. All I'm saying is if a group forms/someone joins it, it is usually mentioned. As it has been with every addition to the mafia. Just speaking from experience.

The problem we have here is I think that I am convinced of one thing, and you are wanting to prove me wrong (hey I don't mind, it's a natural reaction to give another point of view). But I think we're both so stuck into our opinions that neither can convince the other, or see all the evidence. I'll leave esequiel for now and read the evidence.

Never mind eh? :)

BOOM your wrong now, "A man approached him with an offer, and he accepted" or something." look at it this way:

Esequil (whtevr) joins the game, he comes late,

He moves into a house

A man walks up to said house and asks him to join him,

The now new house owner says yes

bang, we now know esetc has moved in and accepted the offer, seems abit unfair does it not? the almighty MV would not have done this, it's biased to the townsfolk.

All i'm saying is, show me evidence that esetc is not good, and i'll believe you, if he falls, so does gaggle (no giz shouldn't fall, i feel he isn't part of the group).