NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Surviving The Flu Season

So you're telling me i have a bad immune system, therefore i survive flu?

The vaccine itself is made the same as any other, not to make your immune system worse

I don't know what illness kills healthy people over unhealthy people more, sounds contrived. :p

Not saying this source is totally 100% but any "issues" with the flu i've ever encountered in "healthy adults" is a reaction to the flu vaccine and not the flu itself. Which is incredibly rare, considering they do thousands without a single problem.

I don't know what illness kills healthy people over unhealthy people more, sounds contrived. :p

My bad, I was talking about Spanish flu, I got it muddled up with regular old Influenza.

Spanish flu does kill healthy people more than old. See the 1918 flu pandemic.

My bad, I was talking about Spanish flu, I got it muddled up with regular old Influenza.

Spanish flu does kill healthy people more than old. See the 1918 flu pandemic.

300px-W_curve.png

Well you are a little right, there's a peak in the middle. But OAPs seemed to still be more vulnerable, and they're the people who would get the flu jab. Also small babies have a bad immune system, and they were more at risk too. So it would still seem bad immune system = get the flu. There's probably little difference in immune system throughout reasonable age children and older adults, so possibly other factors are at play.

People need to grow some balls. I get sick of people complaining about colds. Try not being able to breathe through your nose full stop.

Although yesterday i started getting bad headaches and an annoying cough so i think i'll be in for it in the next couple of days.

For some reason I first read that as "yesterday I started getting bad moustaches." :p

I kept getting ill, getting better then 2 weeks later getting ill again. I blame it on horrible people on the trains not using their hands when coughing and sneezing! show some manners people! I also blame the air con at work circulating all those germs around.

However I hardly take a sick day off at work cos I hate doing that, I feel worse if I lay in bed all day. I just soldier on like a hero!

Anyway the Doctor recommended me taking vitaman C tablets and also having a course of Echinacea which im doing. This should build up my immune system and hopefully stop me catching bugs. So far so good, touch wood.

300px-W_curve.png

Well you are a little right, there's a peak in the middle. But OAPs seemed to still be more vulnerable, and they're the people who would get the flu jab. Also small babies have a bad immune system, and they were more at risk too. So it would still seem bad immune system = get the flu. There's probably little difference in immune system throughout reasonable age children and older adults, so possibly other factors are at play.

Same with "bird flu" if it did ever mutate to infect humans it would work in this way, killing the fittest, while the weak survive!

I get colds alot, well I'll wake up one day feeling a little snotty and rough but the next day I'm fine!

I have a cold right now but had it a few days, i'm feeling sorry for myself I really am a typical man cold kinda guy!

I did have flu 2 years ago with a severe chest infaction that was awful it got so bad i actually spent about 3 days crying. I went totaly nuts the doc just said that was due to the infection! Strange how it effects your mind to. I had it for about 3 weeks before going to the doc and him telling me off for not coming sooner as my chest was so bad, I was put on antibiotics to get rid of it. I was always told "you don't go to the doc's for cold/flu you just ride it out" I think when you start coughing up blood its time to get yourself to a doc though!

Oh and that was the one and only year I actually had the flu jab!

When I get the flu, I reduce the amount of dairy I consume.

Dairy = Bad

Dairy products, in general, cause the human body to produce mucus. When you have a cold, the human body also produces more mucus than normal. It is much better to stick to clear fluids when you have a cold or flu so as to avoid too much mucus.

________

RECALL AVANDIA

Edited by fex

Sign in to follow this