Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Strider

Yeah but it's gonna take people from up North near a day to get to London. Have a day there then another day to come back...

Doesn't really seem worth it does it? This is why i said have it in the middle of the country but oh no.

Should maybe someone update the first post in this thread with the general plan for this meet?

The 'main' day for people to come is saturday 5th July. Personally I will be going from the 4th to the 6th, staying in a backpackers hostel nearby. I think the options are to either come for the day if you live close enough, or book a night or two if you got to travel a fair way. I don't know if I'll be travelling from Sheffield or Brighton yet, myself.

As for the location -- well wasn't someone planning a trip to alton towers? There doesn't have to be just one meet. I picked this date and this venue because I didn't want another thread like this to come to a dead end again :)

I've posted some info about possible places to stay if you need to, and others have said some handy stuff -- I guess if you're serious about coming to the meet then you've got over 3 months to read the whole thread... Each time someone says "i can't be bothered to read the entire thread, can someone summarise?" the thread actually ends up getting bigger by a page or two.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if banned people were to come to this? Would the Mods/Admins get physical? lol

The meet's 'unofficial' so there'd be no problems there :) So long as we can all get along *wuv wuv wuv* ... then there's no reason why a banned member may appear in the same place at the same time as non-banned members.

But I WILL be packing a STFU stick.

Hm, as far I can see it, people should really sort out their own accomodation, but we should fully endorse activities on the Saturday and Sunday, so people don't feel left out.

But I think a combination of hyde park/trocadero/pub/pizza hut/whatever else will keep everyone amused for two days, so I guess we can just mix it up...

So yeah, instead of talking about random shit, discuss the actual meet

Hm, as far I can see it, people should really sort out their own accomodation, but we should fully endorse activities on the Saturday and Sunday, so people don't feel left out.

But I think a combination of hyde park/trocadero/pub/pizza hut/whatever else will keep everyone amused for two days, so I guess we can just mix it up...

(I also wish it was closer in date, I hate waiting for shit, but that's besides the point)

It makes life cheaper if people decide to chip in together on the day, not only that but we'd all be in different places otherwise.

It makes life cheaper if people decide to chip in together on the day, not only that but we'd all be in different places otherwise.

Hm, I guess so, but staying somewhere over summer in central London is going to probably be mega-booked, that's the only issue I can imagine, I figured people might want to be clear in their minds what they were doing first

Hm, I guess so, but staying somewhere over summer in central London is going to probably be mega-booked, that's the only issue I can imagine, I figured people might want to be clear in their minds what they were doing first

If I have to I'll bring the tent I used for download and find somewhere, or I won't sleep at all ^.^

Im staying at my Grandma's :D

Im not going all the way to London to spend a day there, so Im going to stay for a week or so!

-From Letty xx

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!