NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Seinfeld

The greatest sitcom ever made.

10/10

I just saw the bubble boy episode. Jesus christ, that "moops" thing kills me every single fucking time. :bowdown:

All hail Costanza, king of the idiots, and also the best sitcom character ever made.

No you just didn't :indeed:

Damn right I did! :D You're free to come in and prove me wrong. What other sitcoms are better than this? And don't come telling me that Scrubs of Arrested Development are sitcoms, coz they ain't. :heh:

I'm Alan Partridge

Blackadder

Bilko

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

I could continue. Seinfield may have succeeded in having 9 consistently good seasons, but it also succeeded in having very overrated humour. Their are many sitcoms that are not only funnier, but also better scripted in my opinion. Seinfield is good, but ridiculously overrated

The Office, Only Fools And Horses & Blackadder better than Seinfeld?

Get out, I don't like you anymore.

Seinfeld has the greatest combination of characters ever on a sitcom and also the most complex and hilarious creation ever to grace a TV screen - George Costanza. "Moops" is only one of countless classic Costanza lines. His fantastic lies and outbursts of anger will continue to bring me joy for the rest of my life and i'm just sorry that you'll never see how brilliant a programme Seinfeld is.

Caught up with Primeval earlier, the new series has really developed from the first and it is easily the best in the way of British scifi at the moment. Torchwood is a long way behind in stories, character development, acting, effects, and anything else. - 9/10

Also caught the last episode of Charlie Jade, has been a good show, if a little confusing at times, I don't think they finished it off too well though, although bringing things to a definite conclusion it was far too confused and left too many unanswered questions. - 6/10

I'm Alan Partridge

Blackadder

Bilko

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

I could continue. Seinfield may have succeeded in having 9 consistently good seasons, but it also succeeded in having very overrated humour. Their are many sitcoms that are not only funnier, but also better scripted in my opinion. Seinfield is good, but ridiculously overrated

Only Fools And Horses is an extremely overrated piece of crap, wich only you Brits really embrace as being good. You're talking about ridiculously overrated, and you mention Only Fools And Horses... Nice one.

Bilko? I'm not even gonna bother. I mean, yeah, it's good... but come one :indeed:

Now, The Office, that's a masterpiece of contemporaru humour, no doubt... but nowhere near as groundbreaking as Seinfeld. It's mixture of highly inteligent humour and character driven comedy... yet, it's characters cannot even compare to the brilliance of Seinfeld's Costanza or the wacky Kramer. It's just too high up for The Office to reach.

Blackadder. That would be the second greatest sitcom ever made, in my opinion, and yes, it's a matter of opinion between Seinfeld and Blackadder, they are both perfectly balanced masterpieces.

Now, as to your overall post, I could understand and would've somewhat agreed with you if you named shows like Spaced, Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fawlty Towers, The Larry Sanders Show or even Frasier(wich I like, but think is overrated), although none of them are superior to Seinfeld, they all deserve their credit for being near perfect works. But Only Fools And Horses? Seriously, fuck off. :(

(I kid, this is only a discussion, I do not wish you to fuck off.)

Alan Partridge > All.

Funny how you convieniently forgot about that Oxigen. And out of the several sitcoms you have noted, yes simpsons, south park and fraiser are also better then the overrated Seinfield. All 3 would have come under my "I could name more" catergory.

I wouldnt expect you to like Only Fools and Horses your portugese, but the earlier stuff has more laughs then 9 seasons of Seinfield. I still remain with the choices I have made being superior to Seinfield. And I personally like and relate to the characters in The Office much more then Seinfield.

And if you think I care if you - a stranger off an internet forum - like's me or not killthenet, then your strongly mistaken.

Alan Partridge > All.

Funny how you convieniently forgot about that Oxigen. And out of the several sitcoms you have noted, yes simpsons, south park and fraiser are also better then the overrated Seinfield. All 3 would have come under my "I could name more" catergory.

I wouldnt expect you to like Only Fools and Horses your portugese, but the earlier stuff has more laughs then 9 seasons of Seinfield. I still remain with the choices I have made being superior to Seinfield. And I personally like and relate to the characters in The Office much more then Seinfield.

And if you think I give a fuck if you - a stranger off an internet forum - like's me or not killthenet, your an idiot.

It's like meeting me 1.5. :D I wouldn't go insulting people, you can get yourself in trouble for that... god knows I have. :(

Anyway... ALAN PARTRIDGE? Oh dear god, COME ON!!!!???! :shakehead You're comparing sewer water to Evian! :shakehead

I wouldnt expect you to like Only Fools and Horses your portugese, but the earlier stuff has more laughs then 9 seasons of Seinfield.

You're looking at it the other way around. It's not a good show. Only the Brits like it. It's not that I don't like it because I'm portuguese... it's that you like it because you're British. Simple as. And you can take that to the bank, because unlike other britcoms, like Blackadder and so many others, Only Fools And Horses is only a success in Britain, the rest of the world can clearly be proof of that, nobody cares about it except you people. Wich is fine, but don't go telling me that it's because the world is dumb, hell no, the show is meant for Britts, hence, it can't ever be better than a show who's meant for everybody, like Seinfeld.

Anyway, this is getting derailed, here. Show some respect for killthenet, he was only joking around, you don't need to get all fired up.

Oh, and let's not confuse opinion for fact, ok? Quality and opinion are two different things alltogether.

Yeah but I would say certain parts of quality are opinion. I mean you may find the jokes in Seinfeld funny, that would mean its comedy is of a certain quality for you. Whereas I dont find it funny so I would not see any quality.

And for the record I dont like Seinfeld or Only Fools, I just felt like chiming in.

Big Bang Theory

Wow. I thought this was going to suck, but it proved me wrong. I laughed out loud a fair few times, and I hear it gets better as the season goes on.

8/10

--

Only fools and horses is so utterly shit, I can't stand the show. Why people like it I don't know. Now frasier, that is rather awesome. Miles ftw.

Big Bang Theory

Wow. I thought this was going to suck, but it proved me wrong. I laughed out loud a fair few times, and I hear it gets better as the season goes on.

8/10

I watched the first two episodes a while ago, didnt really find it funny at all. Just cringeworthy. Hopefully it does get better throughout the season but I cant see myself going back to it.

I wouldnt expect you to like Only Fools and Horses your portugese

Another one of those and you're going down.

It's like meeting me 1.5. :D I wouldn't go insulting people, you can get yourself in trouble for that... god knows I have. :(

Anyway... ALAN PARTRIDGE? Oh dear god, COME ON!!!!???! :shakehead You're comparing sewer water to Evian! :shakehead

WOW you just called Alan Partridge sewage water? You officially have questionable taste in comedy.

And isnt their like a version of Only Fools and Horses in most countries of the world? That is a clear indicator of its success, even if those shows wernt as successful. Why your just focusing on that I dont know, as I did also name around 6 other superior shows to the overrated, one laugh a series Seinfield. And how is me saying 'I wouldnt expect you to understand it, your portugese' an insult? Oxigen made a point out of saying only british people like it, I made a point out of agreeing cos 90% of the jokes are not stuff people from another country can truely relate too.

WOW you just called Alan Partridge sewage water? You officially have questionable taste in comedy.

And isnt their like a version of Only Fools and Horses in most countries of the world? That is a clear indicator of its success, even if those shows wernt as successful. Why your just focusing on that I dont know, as I did also name around 6 other superior shows to the overrated, one laugh a series Seinfield. And how is me saying 'I wouldnt expect you to understand it, your portugese' an insult? Oxigen made a point out of saying only british people like it, I made a point out of agreeing cos 90% of the jokes are not stuff people from another country can truely relate too.

No, Alan Partridge is good, but compared to Jerry Seinfeld, he's sewage water. Quite simple, actually. The same way that Jerry Seinfeld is sewage water compared to Monty Python. :heh:

And yes, you did name other shows, and I presented my reasons as to why I don't agree. The problem is, you're denying that Seinfeld is funny, and that's being plain ignorant. It's one thing to say that it's not your cup of soup, but you have to admit it's geniousness.

And anyway, Hellfire was kidding, he's just being the Don. :wink:

No, Alan Partridge is good, but compared to Jerry Seinfeld, he's sewage water. Quite simple, actually. The same way that Jerry Seinfeld is sewage water compared to Monty Python. :heh:

And yes, you did name other shows, and I presented my reasons as to why I don't agree. The problem is, you're denying that Seinfeld is funny, and that's being plain ignorant. It's one thing to say that it's not your cup of soup, but you have to admit it's geniousness.

In your opinion. Cos in mine putting Jerry Seinfield in the same sentence as Alan Partridge is a joke, a joke so poor that it deserves punishment :)

Dont get me wrong, I respect how other people could find Seinfield funny and see why the show was a success. But that doesnt make it any less overrated to me. And just because it had such an impact on the industry doesnt mean its all of a sudden a fact that it's better or funnier then everything else.

Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time and won oscar after oscar then influenced a hell of alot of films, doesnt automatically make it better then everything.

Monty Python and The Life Of Brian is reguarly seen as one of the best comedy films of all time by movie critics and recieves praise after praise. I think it has dated terribly and has jokes that are light weight (to say the least) in the modern era. Monty Python and The Holy Grail shits all over Life Of Brian and is a much better film...

If you make a point out of being condescending to the genius of what Steve Coogan created with Alan Partridge, then I strongly question whether or not you have truely seen much of it and if so, were your eyes not open and were your ears blocked up?

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

In your opinion. Cos in mine putting Jerry Seinfield in the same sentence as Alan Partridge is a joke, a joke so poor that it deserves punishment.

Dont get me wrong, I respect how other people could find Seinfield funny and see why the show was a success. But that doesnt make it any less overrated to me. And just because it had such an impact on the industry doesnt mean its all of a sudden a fact that it's better or funnier then everything else.

Well, kinda... it's also my opinion, yes, but most importantly it's pretty much a fact. :heh: Opinion is unrelated to it. The same way that I preffer Monthy Python And The Meaning Of Life to The Life Of Brian, despite the FACT that Life Of Brian is a better movie. You see opinion and quality are usually associated as one, in the indiviual. Everything you like, you think of as good, and everything you don't like, you think of as bad. This is wrong. Good and bad is universal, I hate Casablanca, but it's one of the best movies ever made. The same way that I love Klaxons and still know they're an awful band. No matter how many opinions may say otherwise, Jerry Seinfeld will always be better than Coogan. And let's also add that Coogan is a genious. Now, I accept that you don't like Jerry Seinfeld, what I don't condone is that, just like the dumb masses you so fiercly criticized, you can't separate your judgemente of something from your opinion. And that's a big flaw for someone who wants to be taken seriously when discussing pop culture references.

And it's not because it's more popular, otherwise that would be saying that Friends is good, when it's clearly not. Popularity bears little in the way of quality. The same way that Arrested Development is not popular and it's probably the best television comedy ever created.

Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time and won oscar after oscar then influenced a hell of alot of films, doesnt automatically make it better then everything.

Yeah, like I said... popularity means nothing.

Monty Python and The Life Of Brian is reguarly seen as one of the best comedy films of all time by movie critics and recieves praise after praise. I think it has dated terribly and has jokes that are light weight (to say the least) in the modern era. Monty Python and The Holy Grail shits all over Life Of Brian and is a much better film...

Where are you getting at with this? Everybody knows that Holy Grail is better than Life Of Brian. That doesn't mean Life Of Brian is no good, because it is. It simply means you can't enjoy it, and therefore, don't like it.

If you make a point out of being condescending to the genius of what Steve Coogan created with Alan Partridge, then I strongly question whether or not you have truely seen much of it and if so, were your eyes not open and were your ears blocked up?

I've seen quite a big lump, and I'm not condescending Alan Partridge, it's a damn fine show. It's fantastic, no doubt! But it's also inarguable that Seinfeld is better. What you're saying is pretty much like saying that Deep Purple are better than Led Zeppelin. Because Deep Purple is one of the best bands to ever exist, no doubt... but Led Zeppelin will always be better. Always.

And yes, I know I have very weird perceptions of rightness, you needn't point that out. : peace:

Its a fact, opinion isnt related to it - Alan Partridge is far greater then Seinfield.

And you dont have to preach to me, I am fully aware of the thin line between fact and opinion. I just feel like you are misunderstood into what determines what belongs under each catergory. Just because Seinfield is critically adored and you like it, doesnt give it an immunity to being compared to other sitcoms. It is still terribly overrated.

Big Bang Theory

8/10

I watched half of the first episode. I'd give it a 3/10.

Only Fools and Horses is a great comedy.

Now, The Office, that's a masterpiece of contemporaru humour, no doubt

Humour? The Office? Since when?

Its a fact, opinion isnt related to it - Alan Partridge is far greater then Seinfield.

And you dont have to preach to me, I am fully aware of the thin line between fact and opinion. I just feel like you are misunderstood into what determines what belongs under each catergory. Just because Seinfield is critically adored and you like it, doesnt give it an immunity to being compared to other sitcoms. It is still terribly overrated.

Nothing has immunity to comparison. Absolutely nothing.

So overall, lemme get this straight... I get out of my chair and walk around, understand your point of view, acknowledge it and discuss it like a person. You play the "itsmyopinionitsmyopinionitsmyopinion" card, and repeat yourself for 4 posts.... and I'm the one's who's misunderstood. It's pretty much unanimous that Seinfeld is better than Alan Partridge, most experts also agree that it's porbably the best sitcom ever made, it's UNDENIABLE that it IS funny (not "I can see why people find it funny"... It's not that people find it funny... it IS funny, that much is a solid fact that you can't even begin to argue with), and yet you deny the obvious and just proceed to claim that Alan Partridge is better, with merely two arguments:

1 - You don't like Seinfeld.

2 - Seinfeld is overrated.

It's ok not to like something. But denying it's inbred quality is just as dumb as if I were saying that Alan Partridge isn't a good show. It's pretty fucking obvious that it's funny. Now, you don't like Seinfeld, fact 1... and you can't observe something without counting your opinion of it, fact 2. This pretty much means your opinion or anything you have to say about this subject should be disregarded, as you are clearly an invalid speaker, because you aren't impartial. It's that simple.

You're denying the fact that Seinfeld is funny, how can we ever get anywhere when you're as biased as you are?

Humour? The Office? Since when?

Cube, you live in another dimension, you don't count for anything.:yay:

The first couple and the last couple (once Larry David left) seasons of Seinfeld arent that great. The first couple have aged horribly and once LD left, there was an obvious drop in quality. That said its pretty groundbreaking and well worth a watch.

On a similar subject does Curb Your Enthusiasm count as a sitcom. Because its better then Seinfeld.

The first couple and the last couple (once Larry David left) seasons of Seinfeld arent that great. The first couple have aged horribly and once LD left, there was an obvious drop in quality. That said its pretty groundbreaking and well worth a watch.

On a similar subject does Curb Your Enthusiasm count as a sitcom. Because its better then Seinfeld.

It's up there with Seinfeld. :D And I'm a bit woosy as to calling Curb a sitcom... Curb is more along the lines of Arrested Development and Scrubs, television comedy, more like a dramedy of some kind.

As for Seinfeld, it's all about season 4, 5, 6 & 7. That makes for 4 seasons of pure genious, 3 good ones (3, 8 & 9) and two ok ones (1 & 2).

Nothing has immunity to comparison. Absolutely nothing.

So overall, lemme get this straight... I get out of my chair and walk around, understand your point of view, acknowledge it and discuss it like a person. You play the "itsmyopinionitsmyopinionitsmyopinion" card, and repeat yourself for 4 posts.... and I'm the one's who's misunderstood. It's pretty much unanimous that Seinfeld is better than Alan Partridge, most experts also agree that it's porbably the best sitcom ever made, it's UNDENIABLE that it IS funny (not "I can see why people find it funny"... It's not that people find it funny... it IS funny, that much is a solid fact that you can't even begin to argue with), and yet you deny the obvious and just proceed to claim that Alan Partridge is better, with merely two arguments:

1 - You don't like Seinfeld.

2 - Seinfeld is overrated.

It's ok not to like something. But denying it's inbred quality is just as dumb as if I were saying that Alan Partridge isn't a good show. It's pretty fucking obvious that it's funny. Now, you don't like Seinfeld, fact 1... and you can't observe something without counting your opinion of it, fact 2. This pretty much means your opinion or anything you have to say about this subject should be disregarded, as you are clearly an invalid speaker, because you aren't impartial. It's that simple.

You're denying the fact that Seinfeld is funny, how can we ever get anywhere when you're as biased as you are?

Cube, you live in another dimension, you don't count for anything.:yay:

Congratulations at convieniently missing out on my post where I say I find it funny and respect why some would like it!!!!!!! Seinfield is the sort of humour where I can giggle once an episode and have one massive laugh once a season, Alan Partridge I can almost urinate my pants every episode.

I dont give a fuck what 'experts' say, that just heightens the belief around here that your opinion is partly decided on critical opinion. Seeing as Alan Partridge is only really avaliable in this country, of course it is going to lack the global critical praise like an internationally shown programme like Seinfield.

Seinfield is good, but overrated in that their are much better comedy sitcoms out there and in that in part it has aged poorly, when compared to alot of sitcoms that are as fresh now as when they first came out.

We will have to agree to disagree im afraid. Going to lengths to discredit me by nitpicking at little details of what I have said isnt going to make your views better.