NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Charlie Brookers screenwipe - review of the year (or something). Very good as ever but I do find some of his sex references a bit needless at times, 8/10

Extras. I don't know why I bother giving this shit another chance. It's painful viewing for the wrong reasons.

Extras Final Episode

Not as good as I expected it to be, but still some good laughs and a few moments were painful to watch (which is good!). The ending felt very much like the ending to series 2 tho which was a shame.

lol at Clive Owen's reaction to the woman they picked after Maggy left :heh:

7/10

Heroes Vol 1

Just finished watching it. Simply amazing. It takes the concept of X-Men and adapts it to our reality and it doesn't try to hide it. Jeph Loeb is co producer and Stan Lee even appears once. And there are some other similar concepts besides mutants. Awesome. Now to season 2!

Extras Christmas Special

Due to my brother being exhausted from working at Homebase (and fighting Foo). He had a bit of a kip, so I had to watch this on our games telly. We couldn't find the aerial so we had to make do with a very awful picture.

But I was able to enjoy it despite the picture. It was funny, I was also prepared for the 'seriousness' of it via TV Guide advice.

Best bit: Darren, Shaun Williamson and Dean Gaffney working in the Carphone Warehouse.

7/10

Chuck 1.02 - Chuck Vs The Helicopter

More silly fun, such as the fight scene between Casey and Sarah. I presume it is meant as parodic farce, otherwise its just rubbish. Anyway. Adam Baldwin is awesome at tough guy comedy, the part where he pushed Morgan over was great.

Plus they played Spoon and Gnarls Barkley. Although 'Don't Make Me A Target' was a bit overdone.

I found this show by chance called the "Chaser's war on everything". It's an Australian satire show and it is absolutely hilarious. Check it out, its all over the internets. 10/10

Drive Episodes 1 - 6.

Watched them all again today. It's really well written and very entertaining.

10/10

I didn't find Drive that good. It was alright, a fun little show for a while...maybe its because im not that into cars and only really liked Alex Tully and his partner (his wife and his race partner).

I have watched several episodes of Chuck recently. Lots of fun. And I watched The Flintstones pilot last night. Good episode, although I want to watch all of season one and two in a rush so I can watch the episodes with the intro. And I realised Fred Flintstone is my father; overweight, stubborn and sleeps alot.

I didn't find Drive that good. It was alright, a fun little show for a while...maybe its because im not that into cars and only really liked Alex Tully and his partner (his wife and his race partner).

I don't care much about cars, but I really liked Alex Tully's character. He's like a modern day version of Mal (from Firefly).

Yeah but Mal said witty things ("Well my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle"). Alex, not so much. Granted, I was interested in his backstory but Mal was wounded by external factor, Alex's were internal. He bought it upon himself really.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Most of Series 2 - some spoilers)

The thing I love about Buffy is just how wierd it is. There's always something going on, never a boring episode. The characters were relatable from episode one and the witty one liners she always says are brilliant.

Every single episode was fantastic, but some more so than others. One of them, where Xander casts a spell and ends up having every woman in sunnydale fight over him and try to kill him for his love is awesome, such a great concept for an episode and it's pulled off so well.

The other stand out episode is the one with the poltergiest in the high-school. When Buffy and Angel act out the poltergiests last act (when he kills his secert lover then kills himself) I love how the roles are reversed so the argument first the relationship between herself and Angel.

One of the best series of the show, and the best tv show ever (imo of course). Watch it!

10/10

Extras Christmas Special! 4 and a half Bears out of 7

I thought it was a solid show and it had me laughing out loud at some points! :D

Carnivale

Seemingly little-known US show set in the 30s, about a travelling group of freaks and geeks. It's pitched as "the last age of magic in teh dust-bowl of america". The premise is that in each generation there is a man born of evil, and a man born of good. The first episode sees the carnivale pick up a young Ben Hawkins played by Nick Stahl (John Connor in T3, That Yellow Bastard in Sin City), a man shamed by his past.

Certain characters have magical abilities, such as the comatose queen of the carnies who is telekinetic, and her daughter (played by Clea DuVall, who was in Faculty, Identity, heroes among many other things) who can hear her mother's voice in her head, and Professor Lodz who is blind but can sense in objects and people's auras many, many things.

The show is subtle, eerie and mysterious, posing questions throughout yet building a fantastic sense of relationships between teh characters. Highly, highly recommended viewing.

9/10

There's only two series as far as I can see, and I might be getting the 2nd one for my birthday soon. Go see!

24 season 1

A lot better than I thought it would be. It never stopped surprising me. The ending was great.

8/10

Yeah, I'm not very good at reviews >_>

Chuck - Season Thus Far

Caught up with all the aired episodes so far (11/13 made before the strike. Hoping NBC are just waiting til after xmas to play the rest). A really fun show, although it is getting more serious but still lots of nerdy fun (and almost an ongoing advert for COD4). The dynamic between Sarah and Chuck is good, nicely balanced. And Adam Baldwin is always a treat to watch :D

(lol just seen the promo for the original episode; "Save The Geek. Save The World.")

Visions Of The Future

Michio Kaku presents another 3-part BBC Four series. Unlike his earlier programme "Time", "Visions of The Future" is a look at what technology will be like in years to come. Kind of like those programmes from the lates 50's and early 60's that showed us that by 1988 we'd be jetting around in hover car's and taking daily trips to the moon. This series is more grounded in reality though, but at times does feel eerily similar to those programmes from the past - the space elevator section being the main cause of this feeling.

Otherwise though it's an enjoyable, well made and insightful programme. Michio Kaku is a brilliant speaker and is able to summarise very complex subjects so that they can be understood by anyone.

7/10

How someone can even bare to watch Buffy (excite for the hot chicks) is beyond me. It's just a clusterfuck of crap.

How someone can even bare to watch Buffy (excite for the hot chicks) is beyond me. It's just a clusterfuck of crap.

Lies! It's such an awesome show, though it can be complicated if you haven't watched it from the start and therefore don't get some of the bits in episodes.

The comedy in the show was always excellent, and some of the issues the show dealt with, like the death of her mum, addiction etc were quite deep. It's not just a random show about vampires with a hot girl as the lead like some people seem to assume it is. Oh, plus it manages to be pretty scary in some episodes.

I never really watched Buffy it used to be on after The Simpsons and i watched a few times and found it hilarious! :D

don't know why... :blank:

Buffy is pretty fucking terrible.

I watched another episode of the first season of The Wire. It was good, starting to kick off now. 10 more to go.

Beginning to see why this show is so highly rated.

I want to watch Buffy. And Angel (because they're from the same guy who created Firefly). I just can never be bothered

I've seen all of Buffy and all of Angel. Angel is a bit more 'grown up', but both are perfectly fine programmes to pass the time. Definitely not "crap" like.. I don't know.. like something crap! Like soaps or something. At least there's some brain-power gone into these, and they're not made by students fresh out of media studies.

I've not seen much of firefly - saw two episodes? Didn't hook me in.

Red Dwarf Series 1

Been watching it on BBC2 over the holiday period, brilliant first series of the classic sit-com set 3 million years in the future.10/10