NEurope
Dante

Spielberg's Boom Blox

Just saw an advert for this on virgin1 and a good one too. Tis a shame I have too many games to play at the moment.

It's right up there as one of my favourite games of the last ten years. The single-player has a grip on me similar to something like Lemmings did all those years ago. Every level HAS to be completed with a gold.

I love it. It's got right under my skin. It makes the wii fun for the family all over again. It's stupidly simple yet incredibly deep. Sublime title for all ages.

If you're on the fence about it...just rent it.

I can understand people seeing it as "blocks" and nothing more but it's incredibly deep. When the price drops...get it in.

Right, I've ordered this from Play.com yesterday, so it should arrive very soon. If anyone else has it who doesn't have my Wii number, feel free to pre-emptively swap codes with me.

Argh I'm so tempted to get this, but SSBB is out in 2 weeks and I don't really want both knocking about! Want to concentrate on one then the other, so think this may have to wait for now!

It's right up there as one of my favourite games of the last ten years. The single-player has a grip on me similar to something like Lemmings did all those years ago. Every level HAS to be completed with a gold.

I love it. It's got right under my skin. It makes the wii fun for the family all over again. It's stupidly simple yet incredibly deep. Sublime title for all ages.

If you're on the fence about it...just rent it.

I can understand people seeing it as "blocks" and nothing more but it's incredibly deep. When the price drops...get it in.

Ive been thinking about getting this at some point, I think I will do just that n wait for a price drop, It does sound good.

A guy I work with said this looked this crap, it was more like ''I cant beleve what there advertising for Wii now'' I just said ''why, just as it doesnt have the greatest graphics does npt make it a bad game'', I think hes the type of guy who just buys the big titles on ps3 -gald I can appreciate all types of games on differnet platforms

;)

Ive been thinking about getting this at some point, I think I will do just that n wait for a price drop, It does sound good.

A guy I work with said this looked this crap, it was more like ''I cant beleve what there advertising for Wii now'' I just said ''why, just as it doesnt have the greatest graphics does npt make it a bad game'', I think hes the type of guy who just buys the big titles on ps3 -gald I can appreciate all types of games on differnet platforms

;)

I was asked "why I was buying it" when I bought it at Gamestation and I replied "to pay your wages". Fools.

Whilst everyone else is playing other franchises, this title has been burying into my mind and engulfing my gaming sessions like no other. A fab title and one that should be played by all wii owners. It's put me off Mario Kart and Brawl as it's perfect for both quick sessions and long plays.

Well worth the dosh. I stand by my 'ten-year' statement above.

Why are you doing this to me tapedeck? I badly want this game but I have so many games I want and just said to myself get it it when it's cheap, which surely wont be long. But I keep staring at the box and looking on play.....should I get it? I know I'm going to love it, and I will get it, but when.......

Why are you doing this to me tapedeck? I badly want this game but I have so many games I want and just said to myself get it it when it's cheap, which surely wont be long. But I keep staring at the box and looking on play.....should I get it? I know I'm going to love it, and I will get it, but when.......

Lol. Spreading the word of this great, great game is my calling in life now :p

Perhaps it will be cheaper soon though. Either way, it's worth the RRP.

But I keep staring at the box and looking on play.....should I get it? I know I'm going to love it, and I will get it, but when.......
Same!

I think I'm gonna hold out a coupla weeks for Smash though and then get Boom Box afterwards.

I was asked "why I was buying it" when I bought it at Gamestation and I replied "to pay your wages". Fools.

Whilst everyone else is playing other franchises, this title has been burying into my mind and engulfing my gaming sessions like no other. A fab title and one that should be played by all wii owners. It's put me off Mario Kart and Brawl as it's perfect for both quick sessions and long plays.

Well worth the dosh. I stand by my 'ten-year' statement above.

Lol, A fine answer, hells yeah ill get this when I get paid.

I now have Boom Blox and i'm loving it! Its certainly one of EA's best games, the puzzles are superb, controls great and a very welcome addition to my Wii collection!

If anyone has created levels, please send them over (if i'm on your list), or PM me for Wii Codes.

What are loading times like in this? I was contemplating self-harming during the Boogie and MySims loading times.

What are loading times like in this? I was contemplating self-harming during the Boogie and MySims loading times.

Pretty much non existent, if I remember correctly.

Okay, bottled it and bought it. Sold Uncharted and Blur to tapedeck and then spent the money on this....couldnt resist any longer!! My girlfriends coming over for the weekend so hopefully play can get it to me before then :)

Okay, bottled it and bought it. Sold Uncharted and Blur to tapedeck and then spent the money on this....couldnt resist any longer!! My girlfriends coming over for the weekend so hopefully play can get it to me before then :)

Comforting her with games again? :heh:

And cheers for the loading thing steggy.

I think this game is going to end like Zak and Wiki - universally praised, but sales will be poor. Thats a crying shame as it's a cracking title and you lot are seriously missing out.

Well I said universally praised but then I saw in Games TM - the only mag I buy, it got 6 out of 10? WTF???

Anyway fuck Games TM - Cookyman says buy this game!!! :heh:

I'm MORE than happy that the cash went on something so precious, genial and instantly refreshing. Enjoy! There's really no doubt that you won't. I can't get my fiance of the damn thing. Women seem to love all things Jenga. Steady hand too. Say no more...

Well I'm starting to get bored with Rock Band so I've gone ahead and ordered this. The idea is that this and Toki Tori lasts me until the holidays, at which point I can get stuck into Okami.

Will probably be the longest time since buying it that I don't use my 360 and I'm damn looking forward to it :smile:

It arrived today, but holding out for my girlfriend to come tomorrow. Its a hard wait!!!

Sales on track...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10311

EA: Boom Blox Sales Meet Expectations

EA CEO John Riccitiello recently discussed sales of the company’s Spielberg-directed Wii-exclusive, Boom Blox.

The game’s initial sales, 60,000 in the United States, have been brought up recently as fairly poor for a title backed by the legendary film producer. It ranked 25th on the all-formats sales chart, 9th in the Wii selection and has had fairly strong scores across the board - including 9/10 on Cubed³.

According to GamesIndustry.biz, Riccitiello commented on the differences between core franchises and the more casual selection like Boom Blox - "To be honest, I think everything in casual makes us all challenge our assumptions.” He reveals that the approach with core games is to at least market for at least 5 months, driving players to retail on day one. The casual market on the other hand has a "much flatter, much longer curve and one with which, frankly, EA has relatively little experience in.” Casual gamers are – casual – and the relaxed approach to buying new software may not force players to buy on day one, perhaps taking more care into what games make the cut.

Right now, [boom Blox] has met our expectations internally based on the model that was put forward by Kathy [Vrabeck] and her team. It has continued to sell well - it did break into the Top Ten for the Wii.

A title like this one...Can it do several hundred thousand or a million or more units? Sure, it just has to keep selling.

He concludes that the company aren’t ready to add Boom Blox to their list of failed titles, and still have hopes for the title doing well at retail.

I know I'll be picking this up sometime.

...holding out for my girlfriend to come tomorrow. Its a hard wait!!!

That sounds wrong on so many levels :p

Hope you enjoyed the game too!