Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

That's already been done numerous times. Here's a free example:

http://sauerbraten.org/

But is this on my PS3 with Sony's marketing muscle behind it?

Seriously, a FPS with custom designed characters and a ton of customisation alongside a fun single player would rule.

Customise existing stages/characters from space marines, soldiers to laser quasar simulations, create your own FPS and then build rules into the game would = masses of fun.

It would also be refreshing from the usual slew of gritty FPS outings already available.

Dazzy: tell me you own (and adore) Heavy Rain? It's sublime.

I hated GTA4, it was so dull and boring. But i love Red Dead Redemption, the setting just does it for me, i love it. IMO Red Dead Redemption is in a differant league to GTA4.

Seconded. RDR is leagues above GTA IV!

Edited by tapedeck

Ooh, I reckon ill get Red Dead then. The setting was one of the things that really put me off GTA4. Who doesn't like a western? :)

Can anyone remember the amazing western themed games - The criminally underlooked GUM SMOKE on the NES and SUNSET RIDERS on the SNES? Loved those games!!

Got 4 numbers on the lottery last night which bagged me £50 so have ordered Blur for the bargain price of £24.99 on Play.com.

blur doesn't look all that great to be honest...wish with their first multiplatform title they had just made another racer in the style of metropolis street racer and project gotham.

In GTA4 I never really felt inclined to just go off and explore, it just like there was nothing to see. I love just roaming around in RDR, there's always something waiting.

One thing they should learn is to never ever ever EVER try to make an in-depth storyline in a game that allows you to go around killing people, stealing cars and dealing in drugs, and nothing changes from start to finish.

This is why GTA:SA and GTA:VC worked so well, it didn't get rid of the fact in the game that you were an evil asshole. Although the GTAIV episodes were awesome, I loved those, they were nice short but you had plenty to do, I really enjoyed them (Especially some of the last levels from those 2 episodes)

RDR shows just how stale and boring GTA really was. No more worthless 'protagonists' regularly helping out drug dealers and murderers in ghost town cities filled with uninspired filler NPCs; it's truly entertaining and set in an era that is so far relatively uncharted. Plus, it has genuinely likable characters and a good story, and wraps up particularly well. I don't know anyone who has tried it and actually found it to be not their thing. Even people who weren't that into GTA.

Sony refunding all PS3 owners for removing an advertised feature

In the end of April the firm had filed a class action lawsuit against Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc., for Sony's decision to force users of its Playstation 3 console to either install an update that would disable the console's "Other OS" feature or lose the ability to play games with other users in the network.

Because Sony failed to defend it's intentions in court, the judge decided that Sony will have to pay every PS3 owner, who bought his PS3 before March 27, 2010, a refund of 50% of the price when purchased

OR MAYBE NOT....

Sony will not be refunding all PS3 owners: Law firm’s site hacked

PSUNI: Do you remember that once upon a time you could install Linux on your PS3? No? Well what if we jogged your memory with the option of a 50% refund for its removal? Ah, we’ve got your attention now haven’t we.

A US law firm – Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz P.C. to be exact – filed a lawsuit against Sony Computer Entertainment America in April 2010 for the removal of the original PS3’s ability to install other operating systems, such as Linux. Their website claims to have won the case.

Winning the case involves Sony having to pay every PS3 owner who bought their console before March 27th 2010 at 50% the price they bought it for. Sounds too good to be true? We believe it is. Nah, we know it is.

http://n4g.com/news/537772/sony-will-not-be-refunding-all-ps3-owners-law-firms-site-hacked

Has this game been delayed agian becuse I got a E-mail from game saying

Dear Mr Candela

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker with Free In Game T-Shirt & Gun has changed to 09-Jul-2010. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

Yeah but how it still says June 18 on all the other shops and on the website.

Actually i dont know and i just had a quick look and GAME is the only site listing it as the delayed release.

Maybe GAME were the first to find out it's been delayed? ::shrug:

Guess you will must have to wait and see!

Actually i dont know and i just had a quick look and GAME is the only site listing it as the delayed release.

Maybe GAME were the first to find out it's been delayed? ::shrug:

Guess you will must have to wait and see!

Game in Australia says Expected Release Date: 28/06/2010 it should of been 17th June for them and no other shops say got the new date what the fuck is going on.

http://www.game.com.au/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker/sony-psp/MGSPWPSP

http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Stealth/~r342216/Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker-with-Free-In-Game-TShirt-Gun/

Decided to upgrade to a new HDD.

Chose the Hitachi Travelstar 7K500 500gb 7,200 rpm drive. Price is very competitive with the 500gb 5,400 rpm drives and it runs cooler than most while consuming less energy. Cant wait to get it in my hands.

Given tests in laptops its currently been recommended as the best price/performance drive to get. So i can relay if it makes a difference in performance in a PS3 as user reviews seem to indicate.

I dont have any special equipment so i am not going to claim my results are 100% accurate etc. But i will time stuff and maybe take vids.

Edited by Choze

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!