• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Infamous was so mehh for me. When I read back through the thread I made for it I sounded so juvenile, really wasn't worth the wait. Can't see myself buying another sandbox game like it.

Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are level-peggers for my interest.

I really don't know how the online will feel on Resistance. FoM was very different from the sequel. I fear they might ditch the arcadey-ness and start going for more Cod-like game style.

As for Killzone, well no.2 was the best online shooter ever made so the each new addition will always be exciting. Don't know how they can improve on the graphics, Insomniac said they would for their franchises as their focus has shiften from framerate to detail.

Infamous was so mehh for me. When I read back through the thread I made for it I sounded so juvenile, really wasn't worth the wait. Can't see myself buying another sandbox game like it.

Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are level-peggers for my interest.

I really don't know how the online will feel on Resistance. FoM was very different from the sequel. I fear they might ditch the arcadey-ness and start going for more Cod-like game style.

As for Killzone, well no.2 was the best online shooter ever made so the each new addition will always be exciting. Don't know how they can improve on the graphics, Insomniac said they would for their franchises as their focus has shiften from framerate to detail.

I hope they don't. I much prefer the framerate to detail, maybe the next generation of consoles we can have both.

They did a survey and people said they'd prefer better graphics, and they found that graphics quality affected game sales. I agree with their decision because frankly, I could not tell the frame rate between KZ, Cod or Resistance apart. I'd rather have those better textures and more focal, different features on the map.

Resistance online, whilst very fun, was quite generic and didn't feel all that real. Felt Quake-like in the way the game seemed to be based around multiplayer maps and arenas, rather than believable locales.

As long as frame-rate is constant I can't really tell the difference too much.

The more I played inFamous, the more I liked it. They just left too many good powers towards the end. Plus the characters were shit. Having sorted out the basics I look forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

The only thing I want of KillZone 3 is variation in environment. I loved the urban levels but towards the end...pretty much sort the fucking single player out and add lots of co-op. Co-op in campaign and co-op everywhere else.

As for Resistance 3, I've never really liked the look of the game. I did love being a medic in co-op.

I liked Infamous but theres ALOT of room for improvement.

Cole handled pretty much perfectly but the side missions were absolute nonsense and Empire City was an eyesore not worth saving. Im cautiously optimistic about a sequel though.

Ive had my fill of Resistance and KZ but its nice to see Sony sticking by its franchises while rolling out new ones from time to time

The shittest thing about the PS3/360 is the omission of splitscreen/multiplayer games. There pretty much aren't any. There's Fifa, but that gets boring after 1 game, maybe 2 games at a push. There just seems to be too many games that don't have proper split-screen goodness or 1 screen multiplayer that you'd find in Crash Bash.

Instead it's usually just online, only 2 player, or 4 player that doesn't quite work because everyone's at a very different skill level or because it has been built for more players.

Need more simple but deep games for sure, I guess ModNation Racers might fit the bill but to be frank I'd rather have sold my beta code in retrospect.

I found the GC best for multiplayer - Smash Bros, Monkey Ball and Warioware among others were simply fantastic.

Edited by dwarf

I was going to say that but I've made my opinion clear on that topic. Will continue to make it again when the time is right and will get the same 'omg troll' comments that enthuse me so much. If they said something original or funny about 'teh ps3' being shit I'd applaud them but they're just sheep that ended up being herded into the dried up field for about 5, maybe 6 years. However long this crop goes on for.

I do think the online compensates for the lack of local-multiplayer, I prefer the online experiences overall but it doesn't replace it whatsoever.

I just got a 120gb Slim with Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword and Dead Space for £220 from work (with discount ;) ) Picked up Final Fantasy VII and Theme Hospital from PSOne classic, which are 2 of my favourite PS1 games. Massively enjoying thus far, much more 'next-gen' feeling than the Xbox. Not done much but played around with Home and browsed the store as well as succesfully streamed stuff from my laptop, something my Xbox could never manage. Might pick up KZ2 and MGS4 when I get cash and Bayonetta when I get some serious funds.

Just finished God of War, and what an outstanding game! The only fault is the cutscenes have not been touched from the PS2 version, which look pretty bad on my big HD telly. Only a minor fault though, and doesn't detract from the awesome game itself.

Now to just mop up the remaining trophies and do a speed run for the Platinum, then on to God of War II.

God of War II is incredible, it could easily have been a PS3 launch title. It really is hard to believe that it is a PS2 game (albeit with updated resolution/framerate).

GOTY so far for me (although technically game of 2009, or if you want to be really pedantic, game of 2005)

God of War II is incredible, it could easily have been a PS3 launch title. It really is hard to believe that it is a PS2 game (albeit with updated resolution/framerate).

GOTY so far for me (although technically game of 2009, or if you want to be really pedantic, game of 2005)

Indeed. Its a fantastic game which improves on everything from the original. Its one of my favourite games from last gen. The ending will have you screaming for more! At least you only have to wait a couple of months to see how the story plays out, like many others i've been waiting years. :(

When does that God of War trilogy thing come out?

GAME's been taking pre-orders for the God of War III Ultimate Trilogy edition since last night.

That's news for two reasons: its 20th March release date and its whopping price tag of £109.99.

Pay that and you'll receive God of War III, the God of War Collection (Blu-ray GOW I & II), Combat Arena DLC, four exclusive skins, a video, the soundtrack to all three games, a heavy metal compilation, art book, postcards and a bloody great Pandora's Box replica to keep it all in.

We're chasing Sony about the date, as the publisher's not announced anything more specific than March 2010 so far.

Hefty price but it looks fantastic. :D