• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah OK yeah. I want a platform game as I said, is it hard to ask for a standard jumping/gadget mix? I'm not talking shooting or platforming like uncharted, just honest, solid platforming... Maybe they don't sell?

And I loved that cutscene btw.

I rather want it to be this Tornado Outbreak game thats being rumored, though some MGS trophies are long past due

I'd crawl into a hole and die if they announced trophies for that game. I don't want to replay more games for trophies that should already be mine. So please no.waits for someone to say 'i hope they announce the trophies'

And I also cba with Wipeout anymore. I used to be awesome but cba to get back into it

I have not been playing much of my ps3 resontly. However i decided to go back on it tonight and play some burnout. I downloaded the latest update (general ps3 one and also one for butnouy) but then it wouldn't let me sign in. 'DNS error' Then after switching the console off and back on it does let me sign in but then starts unlocking trophies i have already unlocked... When i go to check my trophies 'DNS error'.

Where the hell has this DNS error come from and how do i fix it!!!! My 360/wii/laptop are all working fine on the net!!!!!

EDIT: Now i cant even sign in at all.

Edited by Mike1988uk

I'd crawl into a hole and die if they announced trophies for that game. I don't want to replay more games for trophies that should already be mine. So please no.waits for someone to say 'i hope they announce the trophies'

And I also cba with Wipeout anymore. I used to be awesome but cba to get back into it

Well i only did 1 playthrough and that was almost a year ago so it would be a nice incentive to go back through it

I have not been playing much of my ps3 resontly. However i decided to go back on it tonight and play some burnout. I downloaded the latest update (general ps3 one and also one for butnouy) but then it wouldn't let me sign in. 'DNS error' Then after switching the console off and back on it does let me sign in but then starts unlocking trophies i have already unlocked... When i go to check my trophies 'DNS error'.

Where the hell has this DNS error come from and how do i fix it!!!! My 360/wii/laptop are all working fine on the net!!!!!

EDIT: Now i cant even sign in at all.

Set the DNS manually. Some ISP's have made changes lately. Not your fault.

Kojima's New Game Clue: "Kumori"

When it rains, it pours. Hideo Kojima, Konami’s legendary designer and director of the Metal Gear Solid series, should know: Any time he announces a new teaser, the down-pour of conspiracies and rumours is overwhelming. First the man threw us off at GDC ‘09, announcing a new Metal Gear Solid amidst a silhouette of what looked to be Raiden in the background. Then he posted a new teaser on his site - a scenic shot of rolling clouds and open grass with the words “Next” in the foreground.

If you head here, go to “Tools” and then “Page Info” in Firefox, you’ll find the following keywords associated with the page: Hideo Kojima, MGS, METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production. Even more interestingly was the media embedded in the page. Those rolling clouds and open fields? They come under a single Shockwave Flash application name: Kumori.

Kumori is Japanese for “Cloudy”. However, more explicitly, it’s also the name of a famous 15th century ninja: Kumori Iga. Check out this description of Kumori Iga and see if you can’t notice any similarity to another world-hopping ninja-like character from the MGS franchise:

“Soon after the outbreak of the war Kumori Iga left Japan for reasons unknown and travelled to China. After spending some time in the Henan Province he continued west following the old silk road. He continued following it until he came to Rome.

“Kumori Iga kept to himself during his travels, making sure his presence when unnoticed. His whereabouts after his arrival in Rome were unknown.”

So what does it all mean? Is this yet another piece in the puzzle alluding to the existence of Raiden in Kojima’s brand new project - one possibly separate from the main Metal Gear Solid lexicon? One thing’s for sure: The inclusion of “kumori” is more than just another expression for Kojima’s appreciation of the weather. We’ll find out on the 18th of May, the big date as advertised in Famitsu, to see what the connection really is between Konami, Kojima and Kumori.

Edited by Dante

Set the DNS manually. Some ISP's have made changes lately. Not your fault.

Thanks for advice. Tried that, it worked once! Now it wont even let me assign a IP address. I have turned everything off + router = no luck. Again everything else is working bar my ps3.

Help!?

Thanks for advice. Tried that, it worked once! Now it wont even let me assign a IP address. I have turned everything off + router = no luck. Again everything else is working bar my ps3.

Help!?

Should help:

SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

Crappy UK ISPs, basically PSN or parts of it are being traffic shaped.

Do you think eventually there will be a video of sorts that leads from these teasers into the back of the grave-yard as seen in the menu (and end) of MGS4? That's my bet because the scenery looks similar to it.

MGS4 was a major reason to get my PS3 but I would still have bought it even if I knew it was coming to 360. It does seem like it came out yonks ago. The cutscenes are still fresh in my memory. It is awesome.

Uncharted and inFAMOUS are going to be so good. With Uncharted I know exactly what to expect but you just know that the experience will be brilliant. Playing it on the 1080p 42" beast is going to be phenominal. The multiplayer is going to be good but it isn't what makes Uncharted good because for me it's all about the character/story and exploration and discovery, with good set-pieces. Multiplayer is just about combat and a touch of platforming which don't really mean anything.

rumours on neogaf are suggesting that this latest countdown is just for the next unveil on the site as in the next stage of the flash animation and there will be a further 3 countdowns leading up to E3.

5/18

5/22 (This Friday)

5/27 (Next Wednesday)

5/30 (Next Saturday)

6/1 (2 weeks today)

9potcj.jpg

cloudy,lighting,rain,blizzard then sun!.

Kojima likes to toy with people. :(

June 1st - Microsoft press confrence

June 2nd - E3 starts, Nintendo and Sony press confrences

Edited by Dante

Is anyone else getting slightly pissed off with the obvious overdose of moral decisions or path choices that are being included in games? Because I am, and I hate it how in interviews these designers and producers brandish this idea as a 'cool and exciting concept' or say that there is 'more choice for the player which puts them in the game' when in fact it's just an excuse for not having that much originality or an intriguing soundbyte that looks like it will be a very interesting part of a game.

Now the fact it can be included isn't really that much of a bother for me but so many games think it is better to have this when I just think it is a step sideways that stops any real advancement in anything.

Should help:

SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

Crappy UK ISPs, basically PSN or parts of it are being traffic shaped.

Thanks for helping choze. I don't know how to get the DNS to show up as them numbers as it only let me put in 1 number 4 times.

It seems to be working again for now anyway, i shall be back moaning if it does it again!!!!

Is anyone else getting slightly pissed off with the obvious overdose of moral decisions or path choices that are being included in games? Because I am, and I hate it how in interviews these designers and producers brandish this idea as a 'cool and exciting concept' or say that there is 'more choice for the player which puts them in the game' when in fact it's just an excuse for not having that much originality or an intriguing soundbyte that looks like it will be a very interesting part of a game.

Now the fact it can be included isn't really that much of a bother for me but so many games think it is better to have this when I just think it is a step sideways that stops any real advancement in anything.

Yes definitely. I also don't think in general they manage to evoke the kind of emotional response they want. You don't feel like you are making a big decision that has a meaningful bearing that makes you thing. Fallout 3 achieved it a couple of times and I think GTA IV did on the rare occasion. Most of the time though the decisions are empty and soulless...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!