Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

It would be nice if the next episodes were cheaper.

I can see this kind of episodic content really taking off in the same vein as TV series but until they become more reasonable price wise, they are going to struggle.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. Plenty of people have been asking for that. Wonder what the next big firmware update will be. They seem to be making good progress. Also signature websites will be able to sync trophies and games if you like that sort of thing.

2u4myxx.jpg

Incidentally, the eu.playstation.com website will soon get lots more PSN functionality. During the next 10 days, an update will go live on the site that will enable you to view your trophy information in your profile and display it in your Portable ID. Plus we've got a few more other great new features for you.

That's all I can reveal at the moment, but keep an eye on the Announcements forum - we hope to have lots more information for you early next week.

For now the US one works for EU accounts. Just login using PSN id (PS3 is region free).

Also Really impressed with this: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/03/myhawkorg-by-the-players-for-the-players/

http://myhawk.org/

Its a website made by players dedicated to stats tracking of Warhawk. Pretty impressive IMO.

Is it safe to give your PSN login to these websites that realtime track your trophies and profile? Some people suggest no, others say its unlikely anything will happen.

yeah tried this out this morning and was surprised when my account worked. About warkawk, is there any point in getting it now that I have killzone. I meant to, but now I don't think I even need to.

Its a fantastic but wait abit. Unless you get a bargain. Problem is that KZ2 is going to dominate your time for a while. I am guessing you have tried the Warhawk demo? :)

Flight games are my least favourite of games, hated the WarHawk demo. That said I fairly enjoyed Rogue Squadron on the 64.

Oh cool, seems that there's going to be a 2D worms game heading for PSN. May have to buy it.

Is it safe to give your PSN login to these websites that realtime track your trophies and profile? Some people suggest no, others say its unlikely anything will happen.

Its a fantastic but wait abit. Unless you get a bargain. Problem is that KZ2 is going to dominate your time for a while. I am guessing you have tried the Warhawk demo? :)

Nope, havent tried the demo yet :heh:

Yes join us on Killzone 2. Need a clan invite?

Flight games are my least favourite of games, hated the WarHawk demo. That said I fairly enjoyed Rogue Squadron on the 64.

Oh cool, seems that there's going to be a 2D worms game heading for PSN. May have to buy it.

Its not a flight game. Its like an arcadey Battlefield game.

How's it not a flight game? For the majority of the time you are controlling aircraft.

Anyway if I get Worms I'm sure you people here can have it for free if you want it, just ask.

Warhawk can be different games depending on how you play it. You dont have to get into a Warhawk and fly it around, you can drive a Tank for instance, or gather some troops and lay in an assault using an APC, or get to high ground for some sniping or............

Warhawk can be different games depending on how you play it. You dont have to get into a Warhawk and fly it around, you can drive a Tank for instance, or gather some troops and lay in an assault using an APC, or get to high ground for some sniping or............

I like the sound of this...

Yeah the flying is optional. You can also hover (helicopter type mode for planes) and use jetpacks.

Try the demo.

For flying there is HAWX but i still have not got round to that demo. MAG is also coming, i hope i get into that beta. That should be huge scale. 256 players...

Looks like a June release for inFamous.

In come the inFamous details. Over at the PlayStation Blog, SCEA Producer Greg Phillips revealed a June launch window for Sucker Punch's electrifying adventure. A demo has also been confirmed, but no further facts -- such as the demo's release date or content -- were provided.

Gamer details on RE5 PS3

I played all of chapter 1 in splitscreen co-op today when a friend came over. Noticed some weird shit. Aside from a less stable framerate, which was pretty much expected on the PS3, I noticed some weird shit. There were a few points where the game actually seemed to..... lag. For lack of a better term, that's exactly what it felt like, even though it was local splitscreen co-op on the same system with 2 controllers. The most obvious part was when I was dealing with the axe guy from the demo. I was shooting at him, while my partner was off on another area in the map taking on a different bunch of enemies. I started shooting the axe guy in his head, only to notice that he seems to have.... froze. He wasn't just standing still, he was frozen in mid animation completely. After about 3-4 seconds, he suddenly teleported in front of me, and I definitely felt a sudden jump in frames. Weiiird. Other than the weirdness it was pretty fun and playable after getting used to the odd splitscreen setup. Anyone else experienced something similar while playing splitscreen co-op?

I love me some Warhawk. Im not complaining here but does anyone else think the PS3 gets too many good online multi games too close together. It seems like i barely scratched the surface of Warhawk, then GTAIV comes out, and then here comes MGO. Then here comes Resistance 2, then Socom 3, then Killzone , with Street Fighter IV. I cant even get a chance to excel at one game before another excellent one comes out

Been playing more and more of my PS3 over the last week and a bit. Sort of just gave up on it at the end of January as I just got a little bored (yet I was enjoying Fallout 3 which I need to get back into) but Killzone 2 has helped in a way to rekindle my PS3 playing. Just finished an epic session on Burnout Paradise. Wasn't really doing any of the races or stunt runs or what have you. Was just tearing around in one of the japanese muscle cars chaining burnouts together (so far my best is 8 but I think my controller is a bit botched because the X button sticks alot and sometimes doesn't work), getting gates and billboards. I just love it. So much freedom and you can always have fun trying out a new line for a jump. Kind of like how it was with GTA IV on the 360 for me.

Thinking of perhaps getting Motorstorm: Pacific Rift but haven't really played much of the first one but is it a much more tuned experience that the first one? There wasn't much wrong with the first one, few control niggles but that's it, so I'm guessing PR will be hugely similar. Also looking into trying Resistance as I have tried either. The first one is only £9.99 so might pick it up before getting the second one.

down loaded the demos to wanted and kawx last night.

hawx was actualy pretty good, though the camera angle it forced didnt exactly help.

wanted, i can imagine a more boring game, i just wouldent want too.

i could see it actualy being fun, but the guns felt as weak as can be. the bullet curving was actualy pretty good when it worked.

It is working Yeah now I can Destroy All Humans and becuse I got a 80GB the PS2 games won't work so I traded them in for Mario Power Tennis.

Sucks you lost the PS2 compatiblity :/

On the other hand i guess your PS3 is now whisper quiet if it wasnt previously...

:hugs loud PS2 BC PS3:

Thinking of perhaps getting Motorstorm: Pacific Rift but haven't really played much of the first one but is it a much more tuned experience that the first one? There wasn't much wrong with the first one, few control niggles but that's it, so I'm guessing PR will be hugely similar. Also looking into trying Resistance as I have tried either. The first one is only £9.99 so might pick it up before getting the second one.

Try Motorstorm demo. There are two i think.

I love me some Warhawk. Im not complaining here but does anyone else think the PS3 gets too many good online multi games too close together. It seems like i barely scratched the surface of Warhawk, then GTAIV comes out, and then here comes MGO. Then here comes Resistance 2, then Socom 3, then Killzone , with Street Fighter IV. I cant even get a chance to excel at one game before another excellent one comes out

Yeah its a good system online but many of those games are no super big like KZ2. MAG is another that has lots of potential (256 players) on really huge maps.

^ is there a demo of Pacific Rift? Don't really see the point in downloading if it's similar to the first one. That's mainly why I mentioned it. Is it virtually the same control/setup wise? If so, then no need for me to download the demo. I would just buy it.

^ is there a demo of Pacific Rift? Don't really see the point in downloading if it's similar to the first one. That's mainly why I mentioned it. Is it virtually the same control/setup wise? If so, then no need for me to download the demo. I would just buy it.

There is a demo for Pacific Rift. I have never played the first one though so i cant comment on comparing the 2. I would of thought it was similar though.

If you want the expert opinion then here you go:

Motorstorm - The original was a decent racer than had some awesome crash moments but lacked replayability due to the hard single player and the problem of it being bland - In Pacific Rift it is so much more fun to race simply because it looks amazing and varied. Add onto that the split-screen mode, different challenges in the campaign and the greater jumps. (Should mention the water/fire element that keeps things interesting.

There are, as Choze suggested, 2 demos, of which the second one gives a better indication of the graphics and size of the courses. The ramps over the waterfall are amazing.

As for Resistance FoM, the weapons are largely similar to the second but they don't have as much oomph, it actually feels like you are firing a gun in the second. The campaign in the first really drags, despite having a couple of enjoyable moments. It does suffer from feeling like Halo and it does lack polish, the levels feel a bit cobbled together and lengthy, whereas the second is a well rounded experience and keeps you engaged.

Both online modes are great, again with the second being better - it ditches the weapon pickups and power ups with the newer trend of being able to hold 2 weapons and being able to obtain power-ups from scoring well. Also of note is that 60 players are able to play in the second and it does have an online Co-op mode.

If I were you I would buy both sequels because neither of them really require you to play their originals and they can both be found on the cheap. They both offer better graphics and are much more rounded titles. Go get.