Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Just been browsing through the 'coming soon' section of Play.com. And came across this.......

5986077m.jpg

Its released on Friday, but I can't find any previews/reviews. I suppose its going to be bad if the publisher is not releasing any info at all on the game.

Ahhh, there is a review up of this now:

Eurogamer review

I'll be honest, I didn't read the actual review but the final score isn't too great.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

No Daft, no idea.

Just finished Flower. Enjoyed every second of it, it's bloody sublime. Really want MORE now!

Damn. I just need that last one.

I think it unlocks something in the centre space...

Driving me a bit barmy...

I really would love some DLC for this. Maybe they could set it in a forest or something.

I really would love some DLC for this. Maybe they could set it in a forest or something.

Yeah, that would be good. There is so much scope with the premise. The final level was astounding. One of the best sheer 'fun' gaming experiences I've had in a while.

I'd love to see this format for future flOw iterations. (underwater would work with this 3D Design - I could see it working well controlling a fish lol).

I'd recommend this title to ALL PS3 owners. Makes you feel like a kid with a paper aeroplane or sommat. :bouncy:

Found the last flower.

I like the idea of making a new version of fl0w like flower.

I'm annoyed it's so damn short...but it is damn good. Played it through twice now.

Almost got the bloody Pure trophy but was randomly struck by lightening. I wasn't even smoking so I thought I might have got away with it.

Yeah cant wait. GOW2 is better than other current gen games like DMC4.

Just finished Resistance 2, awesome game really enjoyed it.

Yeah the game is surprisngly good. Would love to see how KZ2's single player compares.

Killzone 2 soon. Cant wait. Alot of people are going to be well impressed.

What about it?

I was just about to make a thread about the direction that videogames are going in. But then I got confused and knew that if I posted it people wouldn't understand me properly. Here was what I was going to put:

'This year we will see the release of many videogame sequels of which almost all of them will have only minor changes to the way we play them. I don't want to have to buy games in which I know what to expect from them before I play them. I want something new.

For me I think there needs to be a new genre or style of videogaming which retains the challenge of todays videogames but without it having to be based on the same controls as all the conventional games we have today. FPS is getting boring because in essence the controls are always the same - we need a different way of using the same buttons and sticks. So far the games are all very clear similar so the way we manipulate the games is becoming samey, and it doesn't help that the action on screen has barely changed either. I don't think the Wii has solved this problem either, because we still see games that are traditional in controls and appearance.

For example could we use the Playstations analogues to not move a character or camera but instead use them for morphing a 3D world and using buttons to use specific actions which change this. Ok this is vague but it is different from the cystal clear X IS GO AND R1 FIRES THE GUN etc '

As I was writing I got mixed up with the topics and ideas I had so I havent made them into a thread but wandered if anyone could understand any of that. Bare in mind that I am still going to get Killzone etc but I'd say after another year or so of this there will need to be something other than the current game style.

I'm excited about Heavy Rain because not only does it technically look more advance than anything else, and the story being key, but from what I've read about the controls they seem to be very different.

Not sure if that is along the lines of what you're thinking.

Wii?

Actual revolution in genres is hard to come by. Difference is scorned upon. Look at KZ's slight differences in control(cover)!

People are never that friendly 'in practice' towards innovation.

I think sony are missing a trick by not emphasising the multiplayer in KZ2 enough. Many are judging it as a single player game. Alot of the stuff there has rarely been done and not like this.

On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with not being innovative and just trying to perfect the genre and push the envolope that little bit. Street Fighter 4 is a good example of this.

Totally. When SFIV achieves astronomical sales (and it will), im hoping some of my other favorite franchises follow suit and return to their roots. I look at games like this and Muramasa and think how good a new 2D Mario or Metroid or even Final Fantasy could look and play

I think SF4 is an example of double standards. No innovation whatsoever. Amazingly you have some in the media calling it a revolution. : peace:

Revolutionary releasing the same game for the 1000th time.

The same could be said about Killzone........

I think SFIV is pushing its genre more then Killzone is pushing the FPS genre. In fact, Killzone's controls are a step back.