Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Ok PS3 people, I want to become an engrossed PS3'er. I want a headset, a nice T.V and a good network connection that will reduce lag (wired box?)

What has everyone here got? When does the official headset arrive? What do you recommend for the best PS experience?

Enlighten me!

I currently dont have a headset. I have a 27" samsung HDTV with PS3 running on HDMI. I have a wireless router in the opposite corner to where my bedroom is and i hardly every suffer lag.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

What has everyone here got?

I have a Samsung 19" 940MW.

samsung_940MW_SIL.jpg

I run my PS3 though HDMI-DVI which gets 720p.

Because my router is right next to my PS3 is use a wired connection. No (or very little) lag suffered.

What do you recommend for the best PS experience?

Enlighten me!

Probably just a nice TV and surround sound system. A wired connection would most likely be faster as well.

I already have a wireless box, but with games like Unreal there is almost always 120 ping absolute minimum, and that happens rarely, most of the time it's 500 + ping which is unplayable.

Is it as simple as buying a wired router, plugging it in near my T.V, linking it to the PS3 and changing my connection settings on the system? If it is I'll be happy.

erm... I have just noticed that im getting graphic glitches on SSDHD on the screen that shows you how to control it. There is like a random block of grey goin across the screen.

Also i am now currently playing on burnout and its doin it all the time on this! i cant see where i'm goin sometimes!

HELP!

I already have a wireless box, but with games like Unreal there is almost always 120 ping absolute minimum, and that happens rarely, most of the time it's 500 + ping which is unplayable.

Is it as simple as buying a wired router, plugging it in near my T.V, linking it to the PS3 and changing my connection settings on the system? If it is I'll be happy.

By wireless box do you meen wireless router? If so you should have a ethernet port on the back which you would plug a ethernet cable in then just plug the other end of the cable into the back of your PS3.

Cookyman, Choze, Mike, awesome games. Not had more fun online with burnout than that. Twas awesome to see people crashing out, marked man was sooo much fun when a bunch of us were chasing one guy. Choze you bum, I swear the clock was on 0:00 but you managed to somehow find me and take me out. Ah and the time when I took out mike to win it in our earlier session was so.....orgasmic :heh: And the mid air takedown had me in fits of laughter too Choze. Cooky, had an awesome time hunting you down when I was in the cop car. Must do eet again!

EDIT: Oh and my setup is ps3 connected via HDMI to 32LG3000 (32" if that was not clear) running 720p in games, 1080p on the ps3 menu screen (mmmm lovely detailed themes :D) and wireless net that barely ever lets me down. Also have a headset but too lazy to use ¬_¬ next burnout session its going into use.

This really isn't my night... my 360 has just properly died and so I decided I would switch on my PS3 and start Ratchet and Clank... upon loading it, it is showing me this message...

"Your HDD has insufficient space. You need 419MB available for the initial setup of Rathcet & Clank Future : Tools of Disctruction. Please create some free space and try again. Press and hold the PS Button, then choose "Quit Game" to quite the application."

I have 44GB / 55GB available on my HDD...

what gives? I just wanted to play a game tonight but it seems that isn't going to happen. :(

*edit*

just googled the issue, seems it's because I have a 1st pressing of the game and there is a glitch with it, so I need to download the demo and then it'll allow me to install it. >>

Ok PS3 people, I want to become an engrossed PS3'er. I want a headset, a nice T.V and a good network connection that will reduce lag (wired box?)

What has everyone here got? When does the official headset arrive? What do you recommend for the best PS experience?

Enlighten me!

Just got my PS3 on Saturday 80GB model. I'm on Virgin Broadband 10mbit and use a buffalo wireless router. I play on a 32" Samsung with HDMI.

As for a headest I should get this in the post tomorrow Jabra BT5010 Multipoint Bluetooth Headset Was £49.99 now £9.99 and the customer feedback is very good and most folk have bought them for their PS3!

I got Burnout through the post today I bought it from EBAY along with Resistance and GTA4 all for £43 including postage!!!

Cookyman, Choze, Mike, awesome games. Not had more fun online with burnout than that. Twas awesome to see people crashing out, marked man was sooo much fun when a bunch of us were chasing one guy. Choze you bum, I swear the clock was on 0:00 but you managed to somehow find me and take me out. Ah and the time when I took out mike to win it in our earlier session was so.....orgasmic :heh: And the mid air takedown had me in fits of laughter too Choze. Cooky, had an awesome time hunting you down when I was in the cop car. Must do eet again!

Yeah was great fun and I did alright considering I'd only been playing for 30 minutes before going online (just got it today - thanks EBAY).

We should all get headsets - be even more fun!

I downloaded the harry potter demo from the store :)

Did the trick.

Now thats magic!

:heh:

I've always have wireless and it has never failed or slowed down on me, both on my 360 and PS3. Free yourself from wires.

Yer same here, had wireless with both, had no problems.

erm... I have just noticed that im getting graphic glitches on SSDHD on the screen that shows you how to control it. There is like a random block of grey goin across the screen.

Also i am now currently playing on burnout and its doin it all the time on this! i cant see where i'm goin sometimes!

HELP!

Anyone got any ideas? Or i'm i going to have to get sony to look at it?

EDIT: Oh and my setup is ps3 connected via HDMI to 32LG3000 (32" if that was not clear) running 720p in games, 1080p on the ps3 menu screen (mmmm lovely detailed themes :D) and wireless net that barely ever lets me down. Also have a headset but too lazy to use ¬_¬ next burnout session its going into use.

Yer it was fun! Although with me suffering from my graphic problems i kept steering off when in fact i didn't need to (walls kept randomly appearing in front of me or bars) Like models in the game appearing out of place kinda thing.

Anyone got any ideas? Or i'm i going to have to get sony to look at it?

Try unplugging everything and giving all cables a good clean out (and your TV input). If that doesn't work call Sony. I googled it and it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem so perhaps could be a dodgy cable/TV connection and not the PS3 itself. Best of luck though!

Was just staring at the PS3 XMB for a little bit while a demo downloads so I can play Ratchet and Clank and I noticed that "Folding@home" thing and I thought to myself... Does anyone actually use it? personally I don't as my PS3 isn't on that often anyway.

So do you use it? was just curious. :smile:

No Quest for Booty disc for UK

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=234548

Sony has decided not to release a Blu-ray version of Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty in the UK after all.

The rest of Europe will still get the disc, but according to a spokesperson, Sony decided - when the time came - that the existing PSN download would be enough for us.

Bad news for those living in caves or trees or underwater, then. Or, simply, those not keen on sitting through a 3.2GB download for a slightly unremarkable add-on.

Quest for Booty, in case you didn't know, has Ratchet (but not Clank, who is missing) chasing treasure, drinking rum, exploring caves and bopping robot pirate baddies.

I think it'd be a good decision for Sony. QfB really is a PSN game.

But I don't think it is true to be honest.

Try unplugging everything and giving all cables a good clean out (and your TV input). If that doesn't work call Sony. I googled it and it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem so perhaps could be a dodgy cable/TV connection and not the PS3 itself. Best of luck though!

Ok, i'll give that a try, i would of thought though if it was a cable problem i was having wouldn't it do it on the menu screen as well?

Also i dont actually turn my ps3 'off' i will turn it off but not by the switch on the back, just on the button at the front... Could that cause any problems???

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!