N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

If you want to know the contents of your HDD, I suggest looking at it.

You need an external HDD or memory stick to back up you files if you want to put in an new HDD and then all you do is unscrew the tray under the panel at the bottom of your PS3 and swap it in. The restore with the files from your external.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know the contents of your HDD, I suggest looking at it.

You need an external HDD or memory stick to back up you files if you want to put in an new HDD and then all you do is unscrew the tray under the panel at the bottom of your PS3 and swap it in. The restore with the files from your external.

As in, memory, not the actual thing...

And thanks for that, but I dunno whether I'm confident enough to do it :S

As in, memory, not the actual thing...

And thanks for that, but I dunno whether I'm confident enough to do it :S

Just go into System Info, it should say in there.

Also the HDD switch is really simple. Google it and you'll find step-by-step walkthroughs. Easy.

Just says what I have left, nothing about whats stored on it :/

Also, the GT5-P install takes up 6.5GB O.o

wtf...

Apparently if you download the game, to have fully on you're HDD, it is about 1.9GBs.

...so something is a bit weird. I don't have that game so I'm not sure what that could be.

Does anyone know when Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty is coming out on bluray disc? I would rather have a hard copy of it instead of downloading it but I havent seen any place with it for preorder. They did say we were getting it in disc form over here in europe, right?

I havent heard anything about a disc version, although i would assume there would be one!

I know, I'm not on about now! Its just, it seems to be filling up awful quick :S

I have 19gb left, and only have a few demos and 1 install :shakehead

That sounds wrong. But it might just be me. I upgraded my HDD almost instantly.

I havent heard anything about a disc version, although i would assume there would be one!

Ive just googled it and Joystiq had this...

As revealed earlier in Sony's E3 press conference, popular platforming pair Ratchet & Clank are to embark on a $15 PSN adventure sometime this Summer. The cheaper, bite-sized game will serve as a "great introduction to what R&C is all about," depicting the adventures of the Lombax and robot following Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction's climax.

For those excited by the news but alarmed by the lack of a physical disc to cherish and smell when nobody's looking, SCEE president David Reeves has promised a Blu-ray disc version of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, just for PAL territories. There will also be PSN version, but we all know that'll look completely rubbish in your sprawling disc collection.

Kotaku had this...

Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty is, at its heart, a PSN game. It's meant to be short, it's meant to be downloaded. And in the US, that's how it'll stay. As a PSN title. But in Europe, consumers will have a choice. They can download the game from the PSN, or they can buy it on Blu-Ray, as a disc-based version of the game will also be released. No reason given, but our guess is one of the versions will ship with only a handful of major languages, so it hits the market quicker.

Eurogamer had this...

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty will be released on Blu-ray Disc in PAL regions.

SCEE president David Reeves announced the plan at Sony's Santa Monica event today.

"Every relevant title that SCEA announced for America will also be introduced to the PAL territories - most of them day and date - and I will name these titles so you know what they are," he said.

"It will be Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, and the exception here will be that it's a BD [blu-Ray disc] release as well as PSN release in the PAL territories.

I wonder when its gonna get released then?

I know, I'm not on about now! Its just, it seems to be filling up awful quick :S

I have 19gb left, and only have a few demos and 1 install :shakehead

I have a 40GB one too but i've not had any issue with HDD space. At all. And i have a few downloadable games, and all the games i have that can be installed are installed.

Gotta love hearing and talking about how good the PS3 is, makes me feel good about buying it. That little swivelling logo I just tried out and I don't know why but that was overly cool.

I have played Uncharted quite a lot in a few days and I have read it's a short game but it's so fun. I honestly believe that the shooting in the game is the most satisfying of any in-game shooting. The shots have a heavy feel to them, I think maybe because of DS3 but it's just very good. The platforming even though it's easy is a joy and the trophies thing is cool.

Anyone else think the PS3 looks awesome when upright? I think when it's on it's side it looks ... not poor but, average?

Oh and can anyone recommend me a good but cheap HD T.V or one that makes the PS3 graphics stand out more? My box T.V still looks cool and everything but I want to experience the good stuff. It's about 20/21 ". Anything the same size or slightly bigger would be nice.

I know nothing about these T.Vs but appearance-wise the Samsungs rate high for me.

Back to Uncharted: If you have a PS3 and you don't own or haven't borrowed the game you must do at some point. Now isn't a bad idea seeing I got it for £14.

Except for the Wii, placing consoles horizontally = win, the 360 is too unreliable to be vertical, the PS3 just... looks... odd... vertically (Imo) and truly the only console out of the three I trust that won't be at any risk of falling over when placed vertically is the Wii, it's just not worth the risk with the other two and when it comes down to it, I reckon as a general rule most consoles will work for longer horizontally, I know M$ and Sony say their consoles can be stood vertically, just don't be too surprised if they fail before the horizontally placed ones. :heh:

That said you may be really lucky, have it not fail, not get knocked over and not overheat but you've just got to be aware of these factors if you want your consoles to last. :smile:

Ive just googled it and Joystiq had this...

Kotaku had this...

Eurogamer had this...

I wonder when its gonna get released then?

I'd be surprised if they don't have a delay between the PSN release and the Blu-Ray release since it is meant to be a PSN game.

hmm interesting Hero-Of-Time!

I think i would rather get the disc based version, just to save filling up my little 40GB hard drive. Hopfully if it is delayed compared to the PSN one it isn't by much...

I will likely pick up the blu ray version to save on hard drive space...but I reckon there will be quite a space...we still don't have a firm date for the siren one?

But thats no matter to me I still have tools of destruction to play, also picked up size matters in a 2 for £20 and was getting Sega Mega Drive Collection anyway...now got 10 games for my PSP.