• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally finished Ratchet and Clank! It only took me a year :p Is it worth now getting the download one?

Think I'm nearly done with LBP single player too. Is The Temples the last one?

It's weird actually. Anyone else with 2 systems ever find they suddenly play a load of games on one console and realise how excellent it is? I kind of go through phases of just playing one console loads and flicking between the 2 (playing the odd Wii game...).

I finally finished Ratchet and Clank! It only took me a year :p Is it worth now getting the download one?

It's weird actually. Anyone else with 2 systems ever find they suddenly play a load of games on one console and realise how excellent it is? I kind of go through phases of just playing one console loads and flicking between the 2 (playing the odd Wii game...).

Yep, my 360 is my gaming life right now, but if i rewind the clock a few months my PS3 was getting all the fun. And the wii gets a look in occationly...

Yeah I had that although now I play both systems pretty much equally (mainly because the ability to install games to the HDD of the 360 means no more effing noise) but I generally use my PS3 more because of the massive HDD and Blu-Ray.

The download one is ok, but not as good as the disk game. You generally have to get the same weapons back which is annoying. It is slightly nicer looking. Will last afew hours. Cant complain much at £9.99.

The Temples is near the end of the premade levels. :smile:

My Daft Punk level is still there and I've got pictures and all in it.

Your level has to be reported to be moderated. e.g Someone at say Marvel has an issue with Spiderman so they ask for it to be removed. So you never really know. It could well be someone changes their mind later in a good or bad way.

Persona 3 FES is fantastic and such a bargain for cash. You get all of Persona 3 to play through, which you should do, then got the extra answer story. PLAY IT, BEAT IT AND THEN CREAM FOR 4! :p

I am already creaming for 4.

I need to finish tons of games. I started Dead Space recently as well...

Stop spoiling me :heh:

Sony Computer Entertainment has confirmed that the PlayStation division is currently involved in the review affecting the wider Sony business

Sony announced this morning that it will axe 8000 jobs and reduce investment in manufacturing, although SCE would not detail whether those cuts will have a direct affect on the PlayStation group.

"In order to stay competitive in the accelerating global network environment, we will always carefully review and make structural changes, if necessary, in order to further expand and strengthen the PlayStation business around the world," said Sony Computer Entertainment in a statement.

Sony said today that its electronics division has been affected by the current economic downturn, and it plans to downsize or withdraw from "unprofitable or non-core businesses."

However, some believe the announced measures won't be enough to help the company, with one analyst stating that Sony needs to prove which parts of the company are going to achieve profits in the future, rather than reduce headcount.

"The number sounds big, but this staff reduction won't be enough," said Katsuhiko Mori, fund manager at Daiwa SB Investments, to the BBC.

"Sony doesn't have any core businesses that generate stable profits - the next thing we want to see is what is going to be the business that will drive the company."

www.gamesindustry.biz

Yeah Sony are going to have a rough ride. Their electronics division apparently only have 2% profits. I expect huge cuts across the board.

Nintendo will also feel a smaller pinch since the value of goods sold outside Japan is worth less now.

the worrying bit is the way they have written "unprofitable or non-core businesses" Playstation 3's still making them a lose surely they wouldn't scale back or heaven bid stop supporting the machine?

Well they used PS3 as a proxy for Blu Ray, so i doubt they will affect it too much. There will be cuts but PS is now a core product. Also PS3 should be profitable at some point. PSP is definately profitable right now and is having a record year.

It wouldn't make sense to let it sink and make more losses. So i would not worry. Just dont expect Sony to chase after sales numbers over profit. PS3 seems quite comfortable as a high end expensive product.

I've just been thinking: Killzone 2 is going to be awesome online: The three maps I played were great, and the beta is quite old so it will be even better.

I heard it was ready to release the same time as Resistance 2 but so they didn't clash they decided to hold KillZone back which should mean they have a crap load of time to perfect it.

Well they used PS3 as a proxy for Blu Ray, so i doubt they will affect it too much. There will be cuts but PS is now a core product. Also PS3 should be profitable at some point. PSP is definately profitable right now and is having a record year.

It wouldn't make sense to let it sink and make more losses. So i would not worry. Just dont expect Sony to chase after sales numbers over profit. PS3 seems quite comfortable as a high end expensive product.

Would make sense to me. I wouldn't really be expecting a price cut any time soon.

PS3

Saints Row 2 £19.99

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 £22.99

LittleBigPlanet £19.99

MotorStorm 2: Pacific Rift £19.99

Resistance 2 £19.99

Fallout 3 £24.99

NBA 2K8 £9.99

Far Cry 2 £26.42

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe £24.39

Madden NFL 2008 £9.99

1-up Mushroom