NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I may get a PSP...

Anyone got an tips as to where I'll get good prices/deals? I've heard a lot about getting the correct firmware and version too (slim or original phat.)

I know nothing of the PSP, only that I can send PS1 games to it via my PS3 and buy Parappa for it :D What's the batt. life like/gaming experience etc?..

So yeah, ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'd suggest you get the Slim, mostly because its a hell of a lot lighter and the D-Pad doesn't suck.

Battery life is around 3 hours with the standard battery, 6-10 with the extended battery (US only..). You can send PS1 games to your PSP via your PS3, yes.

There are some amazing games... but its lacking in some areas tbh. Alot of the games feel like PS2 games without a propper camera system.

I am considering the psp , and if i was to get one i would get the light for the main reason of it being light . Only game i can find an excuse to buy one is MGS Portable Ops

I am considering the psp , and if i was to get one i would get the light for the main reason of it being light . Only game i can find an excuse to buy one is MGS Portable Ops

Worth every penny.

Then you need to look into the catalogue deeper as there are some quality titles on there.

2.40 update hitting July 2nd (Wednesday)!

Videos up on the SCEA blog, looks alot like achievements but nice system none the less.

PS3 > 360 pad. I dont like the triggers on the 360, whereas the PS3 shoulder triggers feel loads better. The D-pad is of course a million times better also, and the two analogues are symetrically positioned which is tonnes better. The plastic feel of the 360 buttons isn't as nice as the PS3 buttons either.

PS3 > 360 pad. I dont like the triggers on the 360, whereas the PS3 shoulder triggers feel loads better. The D-pad is of course a million times better also, and the two analogues are symetrically positioned which is tonnes better. The plastic feel of the 360 buttons isn't as nice as the PS3 buttons either.

You must be the only person on the entire planet to actually think this.

D-pad, i'd agree. But triggers? Are you taking the piss Mr. Sangra? Dreamcast triggers for the fucking win. You can't beat them in racers, you simply cannot.

Videos up on the SCEA blog, looks alot like achievements but nice system none the less.

YESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

YYAAAAAyyyyyY!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: :yay:

The first games to have trophies are as follows

Super Stardust HD

Buzz! Quiz TV

LittleBigPlanet

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

NBA 09

PAIN

PixelJunk Eden

Resistance 2

SOCOM: Confrontation

Warhawk

OOO nice, i hope they go back and add trophy support to GTA, MG4 and Uncharted (its possible right?)

Yes, apparently any game can be patched to include trophies.

I'd be surprised if MGS4 isn't lined up for trophies and a custom soundtrack job, that iPod is gagging for it.

Also another reason everyone should buy the already awesome Super Stardust HD.

And I think PAIN will benefit greatly from trophies.

I'm kinda the same.

Awesome...just 2 days away then.

YESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

My thoughts exactly.

The first games to have trophies are as follows

Super Stardust HD

Buzz! Quiz TV

LittleBigPlanet

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

NBA 09

PAIN

PixelJunk Eden

Resistance 2

SOCOM: Confrontation

Warhawk

Oh not got any of those game, ah wel...

OOO nice, i hope they go back and add trophy support to GTA, MG4 and Uncharted (its possible right?)

I think its likely you would have to replay them though as it can't be based on save files as these can be freely distributed.

Yes, apparently any game can be patched to include trophies.

Has that been confirmed?

Oh not got any of those game, ah wel...

Get Super Stardust HD, with the add-on pack. It is awesome.

Get Super Stardust HD, with the add-on pack. It is awesome.

yeah I meant to buy it a while back after your recommendation, downloaded the demo, played it loved it and then forgot about it...

Bought MK II the other day...just felt nostalgic with the upcoming MK VS DC.

You didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you? The folks over at PS3 Fanboy are reporting that older PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Network games patched for support of the new trophy system, which goes live with firmware 2.40 this Wednesday, will not award trophies retroactively. The system will not scan older saves and award you trophies based on your progress. This means that you will essentially have to go back through and play the game all over again in order to earn your much-deserved Sony achievement points.

The reasoning behind this? I can go to several websites right now and download completed saves for any number of PS3 titles and pop them right onto my system, just like that. Suddenly everyone would have perfect award scores for everything, chaos would ensue, and eventually fans would burn Sony offices all over the world to the ground. Armageddon is not nearly as fun as it sounds.

I was wondering how they were going to tackle the ability to download game saves.

Bought MK II the other day...just felt nostalgic with the upcoming MK VS DC.

Yeah I made that mistake as well. :heh:

I was wondering how they were going to tackle the ability to download game saves.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 awarded trophies retroactively since we've seen with the MGS database that you can only use a save that was linked from your PS3.

Edit:

PS2 Games Coming To PSN?

ps3psnstore.jpg

It's a rumor from an untested source, but certainly an interesting rumor indeed. A poster on the N4G forums posted the image that accompanies this post, showing a supposed PlayStation 2 game store for the PlayStation Network, to be announced at E3 in a couple of weeks. It clearly shows Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty available for purchase for £12.99, along with several other games, many of which were PlayStation 2 launch titles - Bouncer, Fantavision, etc.

Of course, this is coming from a guy on the N4G forums (a new poster at that), and an image like this could easily be faked - just making an image in Photoshop and viewing it on your television would do the trick . Sony declined to comment on rumors and speculation, as per usual, so for now we're just going to have to take this with a grain of salt. Could it happen? Most definitely...in fact it makes a whole lot of sense all things considered, but for now purely in the realm of rumor.

If true, sold. I need MGS2...even though it is currently sitting in my room. :heh:

2nd Edit:

From CVG:

The post suggests that the move will be announced during Sony's E3 conference but won't actually be made live until later on this summer. It's also being rumoured that Europe will get this function first.

If true, this day has been TOO good. But I'm not complaining. :p

Like I said a while back then and does make sense....I wonder if Uncharted will get them...it did have trophies in home...I'll happily play back through that again!

Yeah I made that mistake as well. :heh:

I wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 awarded trophies retroactively since we've seen with the MGS database that you can only use a save that was linked from your PS3.

If true, sold. I need MGS2...even though it is currently sitting in my room. :heh:

Well if is true could a new update allowing PS2 emulation on newer PS3's be on the horizon? (I know I sould like a broken record as I keep bringing it up!)

I can't see them launching PS2 on PSN and not offering to everyone as it creates an even more splintered market.

With this I wouldn't be surprised if Sony completely chucked BC out of the window in favor of full on downloads. Like Xbox Originals, they'll play on all the SKUs.

Gamer level pfff thats nothing on the Gamerscore

They are both arbitrary numbers but at least the trophies will at least show skilled players who have lots of platinum trophies against point hoarders who'll only go after the the easy achievements.

I'm borrowing my mates PS3 at the moment, it is pretty good but I definitely still prefer the 360, the Sixaxis, although it has grown on me a bit, just pales in comparison to the 360 controller.

I completed Uncharted the other day, it was really really enjoyable, I found the shooting got a bit annoying but the environment was lush and everything else about the game made up for it.

I'm renting MGS4 tomorrow, its gonna be so goood. I'm actually too pumped for it.