NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Focusing on TS4?

Either that or they've lost it! Let's hope you're right.

Edit: Oh and my Dualshock 3 arrived today. Apart from the weight, and of course, the rumble, I really don't think it's any different to the Sixaxis. Worth paying £4 extra to get it in white? Probably :)

The final nail in the Haze coffin is eurogamers score of a mighty 4/10

I'd really like to know what went so seriously wrong.

Got my Haze today, not played it yet as I'm playing Rock Band! :D

Ha, you sucker!

Doesn't bother me. If i like it then all is good. I've liked games before that didn't get good scores. If I'm happy playing it then I don't see a problem with that. Co-op Ahoy!

If there is extra stuff and good compatability with home I'll buy it again. Can they please put some multiplayer in since single player is done and dusted now.

Doesn't bother me. If i like it then all is good. I've liked games before that didn't get good scores. If I'm happy playing it then I don't see a problem with that. Co-op Ahoy!

Yeah i reckon the co-op will be cool too...i haven't played my Haze yet...not in the mood..lol

If there's one thing Bioshock doesn't need, it's a multiplayer. Especially not a co-op mode, that'd be missing the point of the game entirely.

It'll be worth buying for the four people in the world who own a PS3 but not a PC or a 360. Absolutely excellent game.

Bioshock multi-player... :blank:

Possibly one of the worst ideas ever, if there was such a thing you do know you would get people that would just run about with the Ice plasmid and freeze everybody. And yes I would be one of them.

But also why would they go through all the hassle of creating a multi-player Bioshock when probably most of the team is on new projects and they have won enough awards for the original so why tack on something that can only detract from the value of the game. I'm surprised that there is some of the people that worked on the original working on this but I'm guessing they are just over seeing the contracted port team.

yes yes yes! and nah daft it doesnt need a tacked on multiplayer!

Are you insane? Everyone goes on about the single player being so good, and it is, but imagine if there was multiplayer with the plasmid mechanics it would be awesome. Why would it have to be tacked on? Other games can have both great single player and multiplayer so why not this?

I'm not saying it's going to happen but it should have originally had it, if not it needs to be in the next one.

Bioshock multi-player... :blank:

Possibly one of the worst ideas ever, if there was such a thing you do know you would get people that would just run about with the Ice plasmid and freeze everybody. And yes I would be one of them.

You know they can adapt things to work in the multiplayer, it doesn't have to work exactly like it does in the single player. :indeed:

Are you insane? Everyone goes on about the single player being so good, and it is, but imagine if there was multiplayer with the plasmid mechanics it would be awesome. Why would it have to be tacked on? Other games can have both great single player and multiplayer so why not this?

I'm not saying it's going to happen but it should have originally had it, if not it needs to be in the next one.

You know they can adapt things to work in the multiplayer, it doesn't have to work exactly like it does in the single player. :indeed:

But it would be tacked on by the fact that it wasn't there originally.

But it would be tacked on by the fact that it wasn't there originally.

Fair enough. I think it was a missed opportunity in the original but I guess it is always risky launching a new IP. Fingers crossed for the next installment.

I just saw now eurogamer gave Haze 4/10.

That's sealed it for me now.

Very bad news about Haze, good news over Bioshock although wont be buying it, (Played it loads on 360 and now i got my 360 again i will prob buy it again for that as u can get it cheap) although anyone who has not played it it is a definate must!

Very bad news about Haze, good news over Bioshock although wont be buying it, (Played it loads on 360 and now i got my 360 again i will prob buy it again for that as u can get it cheap) although anyone who has not played it it is a definate must!

thats the place im at, having never played it...can't wait so glad its coming...there are only this and left 4 dead that I would really want from current 360/future 360 characters...

If there's one thing Bioshock doesn't need, it's a multiplayer. Especially not a co-op mode, that'd be missing the point of the game entirely.

It'll be worth buying for the four people in the world who own a PS3 but not a PC or a 360. Absolutely excellent game.

Totally agree with that. I might have to play through the game again. Loved it. Took a while to get into it but once I did I couldn't put the game down.

I'm one of the four people! Can't wait!

Bioshock is one of the reasons the 360 almost swayed me away from buying a PS3.

Just completed Haze. It's hardly mind-blowing. The gunplay is good and solid, but the level design, graphics, sound, story, glitchyness and all the other stuff that's been mentioned before ruins it somewhat. And it's really short!

5.5/10

Got it dirt cheap with Clubcard vouchers though, so it's not all bad!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that all the AI - on either side of the war - is effing retarded, making the game spit-droolingly simple. The biggest challenge is controlling the damn vehicles!

Is it true that on a 40 gig you can play PS1 games? I thought backwards comp was taken out completely but then you can still download them off the store (as I have the brilliant medievil) just I assumed all disc emulation was taken out but on the N4G podcast the other day they were saying you could....kinda cool theres a few games I wanna play.

Is it true that on a 40 gig you can play PS1 games? I thought backwards comp was taken out completely but then you can still download them off the store (as I have the brilliant medievil) just I assumed all disc emulation was taken out but on the N4G podcast the other day they were saying you could....kinda cool theres a few games I wanna play.

Yeah you can, i found Tony Hawks 2 the other day and had a play with that.

20GB = Hardware PS2 and PS1

40GB = PS1

60GB = Hardware PS2 and PS1

80GB = Software PS2 and PS1

Simple! (... yeah right)

Or too be much more simple. All PS3's play PSone and PS2 games apart from the 40GB that only plays PSone games.