N-Europe

The World Ends With You - Squeenix Fashion-Dance-JRPG!

gaggle64

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bozon on IGN has his review up and gives The World Ends With You a very positive 9/10 and praises Square-Enix for trying something different instead of resting on their laurels and putting out another installment of their usual franchises.

Few games make it into the “amazing” category in our opinion, but with a game that sets as many standards, breaks down as many walls, stomps as many preconceptions, and offers as much depth and versatility as The World Ends With You, we simply can’t consider it anything but exactly that. Square Enix and Jupiter took a chance on this one, as it would have been just as easy to release another Final Fantasy, Mana, or Dragon Quest game in its place, but instead the company went for a long shot in creating something truly unique and imaginative, and the result is not only one of the best DS games out there, but also one of the top RPG’s we’ve played in years.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/867/867129p3.html

Guest Stefkov

I don't understand the game shops near me. I was looking for this and found it neither in Game or in Gamestation. I guess it'l be bought online.

I don't understand the game shops near me. I was looking for this and found it neither in Game or in Gamestation. I guess it'l be bought online.

HMV have it (if theres one near you) or rather mine did. At my GAME (The only other place that had it) it was 16 in the "chart"

Guest bluey

oh man playing this game is sooo weird. i'm actually quite liking the whole 2-screen battle thing... but it being set in shibuya kinda weirds me out... i'm like "ooh i've been there for coffee..."

randomly~ i really like the way the text appears on screen.. it feels nice, and if you're like me and read really quick its nice to have whatever was said previously on screen for a while so you can skim-read quickly...

the art style is a bit meh tho... the main character is like, super emo-kid so far.. i'm hoping he'll cheer the heck up at some point. :grin: schmile, mate!!

Gotta wait until he end of the month before I can get this, but I definitely will. Maybe it will be readily available in the likes of Game and Gamestation by then too.

But from the responses so far, it looks like you need clear thoughts to adjust to the dual screen battles.