NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
martinist

Gamespot US fires Jeff Gerstmann over Kane & Lynch review

But were on nintendo fansite forum. :confused:

Nintendo fan and idiot needn't be the same thing.

Exactly, and it's to do with his whole attitude toward the Wii. The Zelda review is just a part of a bigger issue. I didn't like the guy, I laughed when he got the sack. End of.

Whatever your personal opinion may be, you can't say that it was a just and correct decision to take.

Riiight, his attitude towards the Wii. He said he was looking forward to seeing more crazy stuff from Nintendo on the Wii. How is that against the Wii?

Because it's cool to hate Jeff amonst Nintendo fans.

I bet 90% of the fanboys just saw the score and didn't even read his review.

Whatever your personal opinion may be, you can't say that it was a just and correct decision to take.

I don't. I said from the start what they did was wrong. I'm still happy he lost his job though.

I don't. I said from the start what they did was wrong. I'm still happy he lost his job though.

Thats a little harsh isn't it? "WOO! This guy lost his job near christmas, I'm so gld he did, he was a jerk, just because I didn't agree with some of his reviews! Now he has no job! Haha!"

Just because you don't agree with what someone writes doesn't mean you should take pleasure in their pain.

(*I know thats not what you said, but it's what your coming off as implying.)

7 for RE4 on Wii. The fatso deserved the sack!

That's NOT the point though. The guy was controversial but would you say the same if it was MATT CAS?

the point is DID eidos get him fired because they paid for a good review?

this is ver serious for our industry. To me that is like fixing a Soccer match.

Those ain't slip-ups. Reviews are peoples opinions, theres no right or wrong review, unless it's completely fabricated.

I think you'll find they are slip ups! The guy who reviewed RE4 was clearly useless with the Wii's controls - which risks giving the wrong impression about the controls in general. And the flight simulator review was reviewed from a casual gamer's perspective - casual gamers wouldn't normally buy a deep and complicated flight simulator, so why review it from that perspective?

I think you'll find they are slip ups! The guy who reviewed RE4 was clearly useless with the Wii's controls - which risks giving the wrong impression about the controls in general.

Only if you just read that one review. Otherwise it highlights the possibility that you might not enjoy the Wii controls either, which is very, very helpful.

This is the Other Consoles board, so theres no place for Nintendo Fanboyism in here. Also, theres a pretty good community within this small section of the board and i don't want it ruined by fanboyism of any type

This is the Other Consoles board, so theres no place for Nintendo Fanboyism in here. Also, theres a pretty good community within this small section of the board and i don't want it ruined by fanboyism of any type

QFT! I think I've commented on the Wii boards about 10 maybe 15 times since I've been here, its crazy in there!

Only if you just read that one review. Otherwise it highlights the possibility that you might not enjoy the Wii controls either, which is very, very helpful.

From Eurogamer's review...

"It's just you won't be able to aim quickly or with precision, so it's slightly more difficult to enjoy Resident Evil 4 on the Wii."

Since that's the exact opposite of what the controls are actually like in the Wii version, how on Earth is that very helpful? I think it just highlights that the reviewer isn't qualified to review Wii games.

It's the exact opposite of how you find the controls, but obviously he didn't find them so easy and simple.

Why question the integrity of reviews? Can't you just accept them for what they are? There's no right and no wrong as long as the reviewer is honest

Stop questioning the integrity of reviews and just accept them for what they are. There's no right and no wrong as long as the reviewer is honest

I'll question the integrity of the reviews as I see fit!

But I will accept those two reviews for what they are, that being that they are worthless.

Fair enough, it's you're right to be a fool. Those reviews are far from worthless, it's called a different perspective ;)

Fair enough, it's you're right to be a fool. Those reviews are far from worthless, it's called a different perspective ;)

I'm no fool. The incompetence of the RE4 reviewer and the irrelevant choice of perspective for the MS Flight Simulator review makes Eurogamer look foolish, and you even more foolish for supporting it. ;)

Because it's cool to hate Jeff amonst Nintendo fans.

I bet 90% of the fanboys just saw the score and didn't even read his review.

Please don't label us, a lot of us have said that we agreed with the review. It wasn't a bad one after all, not a Kane and Lynch style bad score.

I wouldn't say i'm a nintendo fan anymore. Jeff just annoyed me, i found him unfunny, and as soon as greg left gamespot, so did i. It just went downhill after he left.

I'm glad jeff has gone. Pissed at the reasons behind the sacking and i hope gamespot and cnet have had enough bad press to kill their plans/instill change or kill gamespot because it no longer has ANY credibility (not that it had much in the last year or so in my eyes).

I really feel bad for the people still at gamespot who are behind jeff and against the management and must now be looking over their shoulder, trying to decide if they should stay or resign.

It's the exact opposite of how you find the controls, but obviously he didn't find them so easy and simple.

Why question the integrity of reviews? Can't you just accept them for what they are? There's no right and no wrong as long as the reviewer is honest

That's the whole problem with some of those who review Wii games, obviously it's a new control method which will have a learning curve. I get the feeling some people spend 5 minutes with the game, it's something new, they don't grasp it instantly and are used to something different then they write it off as 'bad'.

Lol Jeff hates the Wii? I don't really think so. I mean he rated Wario Ware 9.1 http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wariowaresmoothmoves/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

Sorry but I don't think Wario Ware on the Wii deserves that score at all. But I aren't gonna say anything against the guy, it's his view. All this hatred is just pathetic to be blunt.

I'm no fool. The incompetence of the RE4 reviewer and the irrelevant choice of perspective for the MS Flight Simulator review makes Eurogamer look foolish, and you even more foolish for supporting it. ;)

The Flight Simulator review was completely valid in it's content. If he reviewed it from a flight enthusiast point of view it would have gotten a 9/10, he even stated this in the review. Problem is most flight enthusiasts will buy the new flight simulator regardless of reviews.

This would make the review very unhelpful to those who actually need to read it ;)

As for the Resi4 review, he's not the only reviewer that didn't like the control scheme (didn't take me long to find that 1up didn't like it either, probably a few others out there too). The bloke obviously preferred Resi 4 with a dual analogue stick controller, why is that so wrong?

Comparing that review against others highlights that not everyone puts the Wiimote at the top of they're controller list. Wiimote/Nunchuck, Dual Analogue and Keyboard/Mouse are alternative control schemes, which is better is down to taste.

Even if he is in the minority in not liking the Wiimote/Nunchuck set-up, that doesn't make him wrong :smile:

Lol Jeff hates the Wii? I don't really think so. I mean he rated Wario Ware 9.1 http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wariowaresmoothmoves/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

Sorry but I don't think Wario Ware on the Wii deserves that score at all. But I aren't gonna say anything against the guy, it's his view. All this hatred is just pathetic to be blunt.

QFT

It's also interesting who the hate comments come from, i could have predicted most of them.

Sign in to follow this