NEurope
Petey Piranah

Point & Click Games ***With Human Avatar***?

Basically I am after some quality and/or mediocre point and click adventure games on PC and/or console. There is one condition however, in the game(s) recommended, I want the actual game to feature a human avatar as the main character and possibly even as characters in the game.

To give you an idea of what I am after, i'll post a few examples of what I mean, games in which I have played and know about:

Toonstruck --> Played and beaten (both discs).

toonstruck_3.jpg

Ripleys Believe it or Not: The Riddle of Master Lu --> Played and beaten.

maslu3.jpg

Phantasmagoria --> Haven't played but want to acquire as is scarce where I am because it was banned...

Foto+Phantasmagoria.jpg

Any recommendations as to point and click games that meet the criteria of having a human avatar as the main character and/or the games characters as well would be much appreciated.

Can also be of this nature:

Dreamfall: The Lost Journey -->

s23590_xb_9.jpg

Something like Monkey Island?

Not exactly what i'm looking for but i've heard nothing but good things about these games yet i've never played, so i'll add it to my list anyway. Escape from Monkey Island is probably the warmest to what i'm after...

I had a game on my Grandad's PC.

Sherlock holmes and the case of the rose tatoo.

We actually had a lot of fun with it.

Fits the decription you want.

Also, why was Phantasmagoria banned? I'm sure i've heard of it..

Phantasmagoria was a notable outing for designer Roberta Williams, best known for her family games like the King's Quest series. Featuring graphic gore, violence and a rape scene, the game stirred controversy over age restrictions and target audiences in the maturing game industry. It was banned in Australia; while CompUSA and other major retailers simply refused to carry it. The game was never banned in Germany, but had an 18-Rating.

Only banned in Austrailia by the looks of things.

Thinking about it, there was a horror one with a style like this, puzzle game, haunted house, had the Human characters.

Your mouse curser was a skelecton hand, multiple discs.

God it's gonna piss me off for ages now.. what was its name..

Thinking about it, there was a horror one with a style like this, puzzle game, haunted house, had the Human characters.

Your mouse curser was a skelecton hand, multiple discs.

God it's gonna piss me off for ages now.. what was its name..

The 7th Guest I think, or maybe the sequel The 11th Hour

Day of the Tentacle!!! I loved playing that game on my mates PC. It was the sequel to the awesome NES game Maniac Mansion. In DOTT You control 3 different humans in 3 different time periods and its freaking hilarious, highly recommended.

If you haven't, I definitely recommend the original Longest Journey. Some of the graphics haven't aged very well, but it's so brilliantly magical you just won't give a damn. You can get it on Steam for about a fiver.

Grim Fandango should be the best point and click there is.. gave it to my flatmate who is totally into these games and she loved it.. and also Longest Journey.. that was a hit too

traile here

I think i'm gonna go ahead and purchase an older computer on ebay or somewhere to specifically play these classics I missed out on...

That's the one. Some of the puzzles were pretty difficult. And the owner of the house (I forget his name) with his constant put-downs were . . . interesting.

"If you only had a brain"

"Come on Carrrrl - Even a blind pig finds a truffle . . . occasionally"

There was a Phantasmagoria 2 as well, which I remember enjoying.

I wouldn't recommend Escape From Monkey Island though (this is the fourth and final one). It's the only Monkey Island game I didn't enjoy enough to actually finish. The other three come highly recommended.

don't bother getting an old machine to run the classics, just download SCUMMVM.

You then only need to get the games which are nice and cheap or some are free tot download Beneath a steel sky for instance can be downloaded legally on the scummvm site.

I playall my point and click games on scummvm, and they work a treat.

I even have monkey islands on my DS :)

That's the one!

Oh god thank you!

I might have to get this now and play through, it'll bring me so many flashbacks.

I remember playing Beneath a Steel Sky when I was young. My friend and I really liked it, although we never did get far in it.

Edit: Just downloaded it. It's awesome!

Oh i love click and point games!

Monkey island

Made me fall in love with Tim Schafer :Þ

Flight of the Amazon Queen

(You can get it free and legally on Abandonia.com)

The Broken Sword games

Simon the sorcerer

Gabriel Knight

Runaway: A road adventure

Haven´t played the sequel though

5 days a stranger & 7 days a skeptic

Excelent games, made as free ware games. can get them on Abandonia.org

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis

I´m quite positive i´m forgetting something :Þ

Dammit now i want to play most of them again!

If you want another game with a REAL person like Toonstruck, try Harvester. It's a horror adventure game. Not an excellent one, but it's pretty decent.

197529_pc.jpg

Flight of the Amazon Queen

(You can get it free and legally on Abandonia.com)

I remember playing a demo of it waaay back. I was frustrated that I couldn't find the solution to the demo.

From the wiki article:

Prior to release, the game was sent by the publisher to Future Publishing's Amiga Power magazine, to be reviewed by Jonathan Nash in issue 51. Whilst playing he found an error which prevented progression through the game (at the start, the bellhop would not relinquish the door key). He informed the publisher which resulted in the game release being delayed for several months as, at the time, the game had been sent to the disk duplication factory ready for reproduction. As it was also too late to change the magazine content and layout, the issue went to press with an apology that they had unintentionally reviewed an 'unfinished' game, which was against one of their policies

:o:o It wasn't my fault! :yay::yay:

All these years I thought I missed something!

That is one of my worst nightmares :Þ

Having no way to finish a point and click without knowing there is no way to win

Still Life and its prequel, Post Mortem are good recent point and clickers for the PC. Also enjkoyed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and the Gabriel Knight Series, as mentioned earlier.