N-Europe

Yuletide Preorder Thread

flameboy

Perhaps one that will kick off perhaps one that won't. I don't know about other people but I often skip past preorder chat in some of the individual game threads prefer to chat about games! So in here talk best prices, best delivery, where to order those Xmas games to get them on or before launch day. I mean have gameplay really got that sh!t recently?!

Gameplay recently moved warehouse, I think that's why they're not as good now (although it hasn't affected some). I used to get my games from them the day before release, but now it seems mostly on the day - which still isn't bad I suppose. :)

I've normally received games from ShopTo the day before release, and they're not bad for prices either. Free delivery too.

With Shopto, i've gotten games on a Wednesday before aswell, they even sent Super Paper Mario on the Monday recorded delivery so you got it on the Tuesday, but as of late, they've slowed down somewhat. Cheap prices, normally £30 per game.

Then there's GAME, that's gotten better recently aswell with you getting your game on the Wednesday aswell, free delivery but a few pounds dearer than shopto.

Play.com used to be really good with deliveries, but recently they suck so bad. I ordered a DVD and it took two weeks, and this was before all the postal-strike malarkey. When they were good, my little brothers DS came the day before launch.

Go for GAME!

Sadly Gameplay have kinda dropped the ball for me. I've also been told, they lie about your order process (stating it's being picked, when it's not) so you don't cancel the game, as loads of people have cancelled. Could be rubbish internet rumours though!

I feel sorry for them. They used to be a sensational company but after ruining 3 of my orders, one being Bioshock which they 'missed' and then sold-out of and didn't apologise at all, i kinda gave up, when you spend quite alot with a company and have been a member for say...4 years and they don't even apologise, well...you can forget it! :(

I'm having problems with GamePlay. I pre-ordered Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360 on the 11th of October. It came out on Friday and I STILL don't have it. I also bought Senko No Ronde for 360 off them on the same day and it took over a week to get to me. This was the one and only time I would use them (mind you my 360 has been gone for repair for TWENTY days now so its not as if I can play them but still:heh: )

I use a site called Softuk.com. Very quick postage and always helpful but sometimes a tad more expensive than say Play or Amazon.

GAME and Gameplay are the best options. Both get you the games early ( Gameplay been a bit hit and miss since moving ) and both are cheap and often come with free goodies :)

I have ordered Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, Mario and Sonic, Rayman 2, Ghost Squad and Resident Evil UC between the 2 companies. I would have got Zack and Wiki but for some reason Game have it down for £39.99 and Gameplay dont even have it listed yet :(

I have been using shopto pretty much exclusively for the last year and have always found them to be cheap and reliable.

All of the games seem to come a day early (sometimes sooner) and the fact that they get sent recorded at no extra cost is always a reassuring bonus.

I will sometimes use gameplay and even though the service has slipped slightly I find them very dependable. Strangely though , even when my orders from them get sent on the Wednesday before release I have never had one that has arrived early , weird.

Those two always seem to do the job for me so I haven't really needed to shop around.