Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Dushku as Faith the Vampire Slayer, but she was strangely BAD in Dollhouse. Considering she has a "dulled" face.

She could be Wasp, but I have a feeling they might stick to the Ultimates version and make her asian/american.

Take my show, take my other show, take me where I cannot work. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take my cast from me

Looks like Whedon is doing his favourite trick of hiring actors he likes for The Avengers:

77053539_49520880ce.jpg

So he'll be Giant Man in The Avengers yes?

So Wasp is a likely now too.

I hope they leave it there for the cast. And if they do, then it's pretty much set up for this scene to take place...

Edited by Retro_Link

Of course she will...Wasp/Giant Man = the only actual relationship in the Avengers film that wouldn't seem tacked on, plus it's a good one to explore and TRAGIC etc.

Just looking up news about her in the movie, noticed how ages ago Eva Longoria was rumoured..let's hope not. :p Someone suggested Grace Park, and I do love her in BSG.

EDIT: Pym'll probably be Giant Man or maybe he'll stay as "Pym" and use both powers at various points. Having two definitive "tiny" people is just odd and jarring.

Edited by Paj!

Anyone else see that Hector Hammond is in the Green Lantern movie?

sarsgaardhammond.jpg

On-set picture with the actor in make-up.

EDIT:

Ryan Reynolds in the motion-captire shizz he'll wear for filming, with the Gl suit being added on later.

reynolds-gl.jpg

Edited by Paj!

I thought the second was better than the first. Partly because I saw it a week after coming back from Egypt (making the last chase sequence where they manage to run across the whole country in twenty minutes hysterical) and partly because I was expecting it to be absolutely dire.

She was on set few weeks ago but the reasons for her getting kick-off because of high mighty bitching to cast and crew like she did at filming of Transformers 2.

To be fair, she was only spelling out the truth. That she doesn't really consider it an "acting" job and whatnot. It's a trashy popcorn movie. By firing her it just makes it look like they take it as something far more serious, which is ridiculous considering as movies...they're basically abysmal.

To be fair, she was only spelling out the truth. That she doesn't really consider it an "acting" job and whatnot. It's a trashy popcorn movie. By firing her it just makes it look like they take it as something far more serious, which is ridiculous considering as movies...they're basically abysmal.

So Bays is Hitler?

That's a bit unfair. Hitler was able to plan and make a decent action epic without needing to wobble everything to distract attention.

Avengers vs. Aliens Rumour

Close Enconters of the Skrull Kind? OK, now that we got that pun out of the way, the Internet's neverending rumor factory thinks Joss Whedon's Avengers will battle an alien threat straight from the comic books.

The Skrulls, a race of very green humanoid aliens that can change their shape/appearance at will, will duke it out with Cap and Iron in The Avengers, according to ComicBookMovie.com.

CMB claims that sources "close to the production" believe that "The Skrulls will 'brainwash' and use the Hulk," similar to how Loki wielded the Green Guy in the comics. The sources go on to say that fans should not expect a full on invasion, a la Marvel's Secret Invasion -- the Skrulls will operate more in a puppet master capacity, saving their big bad attack for a sequel.

But wait, there's more! Should this rumor pan out, the Skrulls won't be the only alien race joining the Avengers on the big screen. Their enemy, the Kree, may surface as Earth's allies. *Mind = blown*

So this rumor is all sorts of interesting on many levels. If it is true, than it implies that The Avengers will be the most "comic-y" of the Marvel films, incorporating a storyline that bucks the grounded realism found in most of Marvel's movies.

With actor Kevin Pennington rumored to be in the running to play the Kree alien Noh-Varr in the movie, the Skrulls' role in Whedon's film inches closer to being a reality.

Currently, the Buffy creator is re-writing Zak Penn's original script and gearing up for a May 4, 2012 release date. And yes, we'll keep ya posted on further Avengers goodness.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/109/1091649p1.html

Don't worry, in The Ultimates vol.1 they fight the Ultimate Skrulls, so you deal.

The Kree won't be in it.

I predict it to pan out a lot like Ultimates vol.1, only using Hulk a bit differently so he gets more screen-time/becomes a tortured hero as opposed to making it realistic (a psychopath).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!