NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Mickey Rourke to play Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39694

:heart: :heart:

Great news.

It only a little while ago Micky Rourke said he didn't want to do Sin City 2.

Linky - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51099

So a nice surprise.

And Sam Rockwell is set to play Justin Hammer. Rockwell is so creepy looking.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51761

Boo. However much of a good actor Rourke might be, he seems to be an utter wanker in real life. So much so, I find it annoying to watch him.

Ahwell. *isn't as hyped for Iron Man 2 as he was*. Still, I'm going to watch the wrestler when I can, seeing as it's meant to be pretty impressive. I'm just not looking forward to doing so, if that makes any sense.

Boo. However much of a good actor Rourke might be, he seems to be an utter wanker in real life. So much so, I find it annoying to watch him.

Ahwell. *isn't as hyped for Iron Man 2 as he was*. Still, I'm going to watch the wrestler when I can, seeing as it's meant to be pretty impressive. I'm just not looking forward to doing so, if that makes any sense.

At least hes playing an ass-hole villain! :heh:

So the Iron Man universe is predominantly filled with other Iron Men?

Iron Man 2 will have Iron Man, War Machine and Crimson Dynamo? all of whome will look very similar albeit different colour schemes?

Ah well, it's better than some dodgy CGI symbiote anyday!

So the Iron Man universe is predominantly filled with other Iron Men?

Iron Man 2 will have Iron Man, War Machine and Crimson Dynamo? all of whome will look very similar albeit different colour schemes?

Ah well, it's better than some dodgy CGI symbiote anyday!

I have a feeling Crimson Dynamo should look a lot more different from Iron Man than Iron Monger did. (For two reasons)

A) Comic book appearance.

Marvel%20-%20Iron%20Man%20(2).jpgwarmachine004.jpgCrimson-Dynamo-(Bukharin)-2.gifIronMonger.jpg

B) Justin Hammer is in it, who is a different arms provider. Potentially he could be the one that makes Crimson Dynamo. Course they could go many other ways but yeah.

What I find odd is that Iron Man and Hulk (and form what I can tell Captain America and Ant-Man) are both pretty much that technology make these superheroes and stuff. And then there's Thor.

What I find odd is that Iron Man and Hulk (and form what I can tell Captain America and Ant-Man) are both pretty much that technology make these superheroes and stuff. And then there's Thor.
haha yeah!

@ ReZ

War Machine uses the Iron Man Mk II suit right? the one Rhodes was looking at in the first film and said how he'd have to try a peice of that someday!

War Machine's basically a Black and White/Silver Iron Man.

ironmanwarmachine3.jpg

As for Crimson Dynamo...

200px-CrimsonDynamoShatalov.jpg

This look would be the obvious choice because it's much more streamlined and modern looking; but then it's basically just a Red and Silver Iron Man! The version you posted, at least it looks a bit different, squarer, but that makes it look more old fashioned [though obiously they'd update the design somehow].

I hope they choose a good design and differentiate him; otherwise I-M, W-M and C-D will look like a Power Rangers fanclub!

How come there's also a VERY Iron Monger version of Crimson Dynamo?

crimsondynamogennady1.jpg

I imagine in the film the Mk2 suit will be souped up a bit, and he'll use that. I don't know though...I'm pretty sure it hasn't been revealed yet. Or if he is even definitely in it. Again I'm not sure though.

How come there's also a VERY Iron Monger version of Crimson Dynamo?

crimsondynamogennady1.jpg

We don't talk about that one. Marvel decided it would be a good idea to make a Crimson Dynamo comic with a woman, and that costume, and it to be an ongoing.

..Would you believe it was cancelled soon after inception? :heh:

Does Crimson Dynamo usually employ "metal coils"?

Seems like they're amalgamating Crimson Dynamo with Omega Red here.

*shrugs*

I prefer Omega Red, but he would be wasted by Iron Man. :p They should include Black Widow/Iron Widow...but I suppose War machine will do.

According to a fuck up on the Golden Globes website, Anne Hathaway will win Best Actress for "Rachel Getting Married" - beating fave Kate Winslet.

Are Tobey Maguire and Kirsten 'Snaggletooth' Dunst returning for the fourth?

Oh god no. The fact they introduced the symbiote in possibly the worst poosible way they could have (i.e no explanation) means they should stay away form anything else alien/supernatural/paranormal.

Seriously.

Oh god no. The fact they introduced the symbiote in possibly the worst poosible way they could have (i.e no explanation) means they should stay away form anything else alien/supernatural/paranormal.

Seriously.

I completely agree!

Was looking forward to Lizard, but there's every chance they'd royally fuck that up.

And as for Morbius, I really have no interest in seeing Spidey fight a Vampire anyways! whether they fuck it up or not!

Maguires definately back, can't remember if Kirstens confirmed or not, but think she said she's do it if Maguire and Raimi were.

I completely agree!

Was looking forward to Lizard, but there's every chance they'd royally fuck that up.

And as for Morbius, I really have no interest in seeing Spidey fight a Vampire anyways! whether they fuck it up or not!

Maguires definately back, can't remember if Kirstens confirmed or not, but think she said she's do it if Maguire and Raimi were.

I say stick with Electro/Vulture...ANYONE that could feasibly be done well.

I say stick with Electro/Vulture...ANYONE that could feasibly be done well.
I'd like to see Scorpion, even if in a minor role, and after Doc Oc, his suit and tail would be easy enough.

You think Electro could be done well? Hmmm I'm not so sure. I think Lizard and Morbius are both quite feasible.

You mean like turning him into a Physicist?

either way, they need to make it a one villain show. Spiderman 3 was just...abysmal. The way they handled all 3 bad guys in that was nothing short of criminal.

I actually don't think one is enough, or rather one new supery-. Which is why I love the Lizard and Morbius idea.

I'd like to see Scorpion, even if in a minor role, and after Doc Oc, his suit and tail would be easy enough.

The tail is such an awkward thing though...if you imagine it, it would look really strange.

I always like the Eric Larsen version of Scorpion, as his art made Scorpion's tail/Ock's tentacles really animate. Thin, but everywhere, all the time, ripping shit up.

That could be too reminiscent of Ock in the movies though.

Ones they shouldn't do;

Carnage

Morbius

Hydro-Man

I'm up for a decent Kraven, but I don't think Mysterio would work.