NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Then right at the end, or maybe after the credits, he'll find his Hammer! And be Thor again!

Few Questions:

- Who should play Thor? read on IGN some people thought Gerard Butler [of300] would be good for the part, to Thor fans on here agree?

yet Spiderman, X-Men and Fantastic Four for that matter! all seem very distant from this and in their own worlds.

Or aren't Spidey, X-Men/Wolverine, FF important to the Avengers?

End Rant!

In the comics, odin sees he's learnt his lesson, and grants him powers again. Or the doc guy goes into a cave and finds his hammer and becomes thor.

FF and Spiderman and wolverine are in the same universe, but never really joined the avengers. Spiderman and wolvie did but only recently. So i personally doubt it. The avengers are strong enough to act on their own you know :P

Few Questions:

- Who should play Thor? read on IGN some people thought Gerard Butler [of 300] would be good for the part, do Thor fans on here agree?

I cannot think of anyone tbh. I'll have a think. Needs to be someone pretty big. HHH would have been could, if he could act. (which he can't)

- As all these 'origin' movies [iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain Amercia etc...] are gearing up to an Avengers movie... are Spiderman and the X-Men in the Avengers?

It's wierd because i've never really thought of Spiderman and X-Men being in the same 'universe', though I've been aware of Spiderman and Wolverine meeting! so I really should have!

Spider-Man and the X-Men will not be in the movie version, and the only version of the Avengers they've been in, in the comics are the New Avengers...which don't really count as classic Avengers. (X-Men wise its only Wolverine too)

- Does anyone think Spiderman 4 and 5 will have an appearance from Wolverine [Hugh Jackman will be busy] or another X-Men character, or another Marvel character, in order in tie the worlds together?

Because at the moment they are tying Iron-Man and the Hulk [and presumably Captain America, Thor etc], yet Spiderman, X-Men and Fantastic Four for that matter! all seem very distant from this and in their own worlds.

Or aren't Spidey, X-Men/Wolverine, FF important to the Avengers?

!

FF/X-Men/Spider-Man will never cross over in the films because they are all owned by different film studios.

Hulk/Iron Man/Thor etc etc are all owned under the banner of Marvel Studios. For example the Wolverine film out next year isn't done by Marvel Studios. So no they won't meet. Which is a bit of a shame. But Avengers will be amazing, and it is the perfect line up really. (Well the four main important classic Avengers, although Cap wasn't a founding member, he is seen as the most important.)

Hulk/Iron Man/Thor etc etc are all owned under the banner of Marvel Studios. For example the Wolverine film out next year isn't done by Marvel Studios. So no they won't meet. Which is a bit of a shame. But Avengers will be amazing, and it is the perfect line up really. (Well the four main important classic Avengers, although Cap wasn't a founding member, he is seen as the most important.)

Cap turned into a founding member, geez, get your facts right ;)

I have no idea what you mean or are eluding to....lol.

Well, he was discovered by the avengers in issue 2, and as the hulk ran off, they named him a founding member...

duh

*Wikis*

Wow. Im shocked. Well it says he was made an Avenger in issue 4. For some reason however I was under the impression he didn't come in for like...25 issues. Dunno where I plucked that from.(My arse probably)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_(comics)

Labeled "Earth's Mightiest Heroes", the Avengers originally consisted of Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. Almost from inception, however, the roster has been fluid: The Hulk departs; Captain America joins and soon afterwards leads a whole new team.

Why will the Avengers movie star Hulk and Cap, if Cap joins after Hulk leaves?

I assume the Hulk comes back and rejoins does he?

Or is the Avengers movie not really concerned about who was in the team with who; and more about creating the best possible line-up for a movie, regardless?!

@ Rez', so Spidey/X-Men/FF are all seperately owned?! Spidey is Sony right?

Shame Wolverine couldn't appear in Spiderman, as it could make for a great combo in a future Spidey film.

That means Hulk and The Thing can never meet also? If I'm right I thought they had many run-ins in the comics, which is another shame for the films!

Why will the Avengers movie star Hulk and Cap, if Cap joins after Hulk leaves?

I assume the Hulk comes back and rejoins does he?

Or is the Avengers movie not really concerned about who was in the team with who; and more about creating the best possible line-up for a movie, regardless?!

@ Rez', so Spidey/X-Men/FF are all seperately owned?! Spidey is Sony right?

Shame Wolverine couldn't appear in Spiderman, as it could make for a great combo in a future Spidey film.

That means Hulk and The Thing can never meet also? If I'm right I thought they had many run-ins in the comics, which is another shame for the films!

In regards to the Avengers film, they are kind of treading a line between Avengers with heavy influence from The Ultimates which is a re-imagining of The Avengers. Nick Fury in The Ultimates was essentially styled after the image of Samuel L Jackson, so when it was revealed he was playing him everyone had massive geekgasms.

fury.jpg

I'm not quite sure how the other characters being owned by film companies works, but as I understand it Sony hold the license to Spider-Man up until they decide they don't want it anymore. I assume its something similar for X-Men and the others.

I've always found The Hulk to be pretty under powered in the films etc. I loved the reference in Civil War to how he 'trashed Vegas'. Like...all of it. By himself. I'd like to see him in full.

Hulk would bore me as an Avenger (in the film). I assume it'll be the old "member of the team but goes on an uncontrollable rampage, meaning his teammates must stop him!"

I'd quite like if they did it based more off the Ultimates, especially if Wasp was a mutant, as that's a nice linking of the movieverses.

Hulk would bore me as an Avenger (in the film). I assume it'll be the old "member of the team but goes on an uncontrollable rampage, meaning his teammates must stop him!"

I'd quite like if they did it based more off the Ultimates, especially if Wasp was a mutant, as that's a nice linking of the movieverses.

I really really really hope that Hulk is either Grey or in control of himself,

as it eludes to in the end of Incredible Hulk.

I really really really hope that Hulk is either Grey or in control of himself,
as it eludes to in the end of Incredible Hulk.

That would be acceptable. I'd prefer to a 616 Thor, to be honest. Ultimate Thor would be fine, but a little whacky and out of place, but less so.

Hulk could be the "strong one", and have some semblance of a personality, I suppose.

That would be acceptable. I'd prefer to a 616 Thor, to be honest. Ultimate Thor would be fine, but a little whacky and out of place, but less so.

Hulk could be the "strong one", and have some semblance of a personality, I suppose.

Word. I love "That would be acceptable." Lol.

I really like how they are linking Thor to the Avengers. Sounds wicked, and nice.

Depending on budget I think Avengers is going to be....just....completely uniquely cum inducing. If its a good movie its going to be amazing, and groundbreaking. The budget is surely going to be massive though? Tieing in all these different elements, all these different segments of CGI. Its going to be a tough one.

Looks like the Tintin film is getting closer and closer.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/simon-pegg-and-nick-frost-confirmed-in-tintin?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news

Thomson and Thompson have now been cast: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. They have about a month to cast Tintin before shooting is due to start.

Oh, and it's going to be a trilogy. Peter Jackson wants to do the second.

Haha, I was just about to post this. I'm glad Pegg and Frost got the roles as Thomson and Thomson, they really work brilliantly together being best friends and all that. I wonder who they will cast as Tintin since Thomas Sangster dropped out.

Iron Man/Superman news

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/941/941351p1.html

Iron Man 2 About 'Nature of Identity'

Iron Man 2 will revolve around the nature of identity, according to screenwriter Justin Theroux.

He told MTV his thoughts for moving the sequel on from the first instalment: "The obvious thing to improve upon -- well, it's not even an improvement it's just something to embrace -- which is that he's now a hero that lives in the real world. That's unique."

He is referring the to the fact that (SPOILER ALERT) Tony Stark revealed to all at the end of the first movie that he was the iron-clad superhero, with the script for Iron Man 2 seemingly set to revolve around the problems this brings up.

This aspect of the character, says Theroux, is "something that we've made a real decision to run towards rather than away from."

Did Iron Man reveal his identity a bit early in the movies? Does he wait longer in the comics?

Also just been reading back on Iron Man news, was Samuel L Jackson in Iron Man? I don't rememebr seeing him [as Nick Fury]!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/941/941784p1.html

Less Lex in New Superman?

Rumours of a new villain for Man of Steel's next outing.

UK, January 6, 2009 - There's a rumour on the net that the main villain of the next Superman movie WON'T be perennial Man of Steel nemesis Lex Luthor.

Latino Review says that Warner Bros are hearing ideas from writers for a next Supes film, with the studio eager for a new baddie from Superman's rogues gallery of enemies to be the villain of the piece - thus ruling out Lex. The site report that the studio hasn't heard a pitch they like yet, but that this is the way they see the franchise developing.

If true, this could open the door for baddies such as Brainiac, Doomsday, Mr. Mxyzptlk and Darkseid to be the main antagonist, although Luthor could obviously be involved in a smaller role.

Recent chatter on the future of the Superman franchise has failed to turn up any definite news. Warner Bros. bigwig Alan Horn said last month that he expects the project to get off the ground "in the next couple of years", but we still don't know if Superman Returns director Bryan Singer or star Brandon Routh will be involved, or to what extent the studio plan to re-boot the series.

Lex is getting boring in the Superman films!

Brainiac is cool from what I've seen of him in Smallville.

Anyone think Superman should be rebooted again? or carry on and have Superman V?

Iron Man/Superman news

Did Iron Man reveal his identity a bit early in the movies? Does he wait longer in the comics?

Also just been reading back on Iron Man news, was Samuel L Jackson in Iron Man? I don't rememebr seeing him [as Nick Fury]!

*Fanboy-powered Astro-punch to the crotch*

WAIT AFTER THE CREDITS!!?!?11/11/1

*Fanboy-powered Astro-punch to the crotch*

WAIT AFTER THE CREDITS!!?!?11/11/1

Are you stupid?

are you?

how did you not stay, did you not read about something after the credits? YOU FOOL!

Are you stupid?

are you?

how did you not stay, did you not read about something after the credits? YOU FOOL!

Wait, are you adding to my point, or criticising it?

I was criticising him for not staying..

Didn't see it at the cinema and didn't read about after the credit stuff because I wasn't follwing Iron Man that closely at the time.

Cheers, will check it out!

so ummm i hear idea for a prequel to "I Am Legend" has been abandoned and they are making a sequel instead....WITH Will Smith...

um...

so ummm i hear idea for a prequel to "I Am Legend" has been abandoned and they are making a sequel instead....WITH Will Smith...

um...

Seriously? SAUCE! as that would be ...yeah...

Aren't they making Oldboy with Will Smith in it? That is bad enough. I like the guy but the original movie should be left alone. :)